Effectiveness

edd

Tree Surgeon
You shouldn't be able to win eff by spamming disables (or distracts) as MrJ/Quitus have done these last 2 rounds.

My suggestion would be to make repeat attacking give negative eff even when attacking upwards. (i know negative eff already exists but it is quite a rarity)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this...

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I agree. You should only win by working for it like me ;)

Meg, they can't get it otherway else I guess ;) however it's bluehen now

Max

Garden Designer
If you repeat hit a target you get reduced effectiveness anyway, compared to hitting honourably.

But I agree that the reductions should be more severe! And should certainly include negative eff just as you get negative honour.

QuitusV2

Pruner
I agree. You should only win by working for it like me ;)

Meg, they can't get it otherway else I guess ;) however it's bluehen now

That's bullshit, and u know it. Edd putted me as a example cause indeed did the same thing apparently MrJ. is doing, but i NEVER wanted to win Eff again, it was a side effect. The whole point was winning Avash on disables.

I got my Warlord award fair and square at round 42 with SA pwning everyone i could.

I know i´m not adding anything to the thread, but i just wanted to clear my name.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Quitus, thats the point you werent working for it, it was a side effect of disables, noone took it any other way. :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I was in the top ten for a long time - And you'll notice that people like Max/James/Tiger have earned that ranking fair and square, as with myself. Whilst I've not churned out eff as much as those that are top 5, I've definitely worked for every single point of my effectiveness score.

QuitusV2

Pruner
Quitus, thats the point you werent working for it, it was a side effect of disables, noone took it any other way. :)

mmm perhaps u´re right Flamey, just the comment that Tiger did about "they can´t get it otherwise else" really bugged me off.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Calm down Quitus :( I wasnt aiming that at you really, mainly bluehen/MrJ, as they are the ones constantly hitting a PoM/one target for eff:S And ruining it for people like me, DaX and others who sacrifice troops for it for an entire round :(

I didnt realise i was rank 1 till Max messaged me it. But until then MrJ has battled me for it, and bluehen now..SCCUUUMMMSSS!!! *Raises fist*

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
h/f/eff has always been a flawed system which is why it was removed. it wasn't fixed before being put back in. i'm of the opinion that azzer put it back in as a last ditch effort to milk the game for as much money without anymore effort on his part as he knew he was going awol.

that being said. i'm patiently waiting for things to happen because i have a few suggestions for changing a few scoring methods and doing away with this broken p.o.s. forever.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
You shouldn't be able to win eff by spamming disables (or distracts) as MrJ/Quitus have done these last 2 rounds.

My suggestion would be to make repeat attacking give negative eff even when attacking upwards. (i know negative eff already exists but it is quite a rarity)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this...

Having tried for this award or rather stay in top 10 every round. Whether it is/was broken or not as Garrett said, I have to agree with you Ed.
I think one way to correct it is to just not allow MrJ to play at all!! For 5 rounds I have watched him cheat with multi's/cooperative troop farming/spamming etc.
and from reading other peoples comments he has actually gotten better about his cheating.. good lord do you people endorse this??

flameharvester

Head Gardener
2 of the last 5 rounds iv played with mrj, he hasnt cheated, his attacks are within the eula, I dont see themjust being spammed targetted by him, also when he harried in rsf all we did was bh/rush obnx/dip/pw.... Just calling it as I see it.

The system is flawed not the user

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I remember this guy cheating on at least one occasion though, so I stand with James' point.

He's also a whinier asshole than I am, and god forbid that was possible.

Max

Garden Designer
There's no need to resort to name calling and down-trodding guys ¬¬

What is clear is this: there is evidence that the winners of the effectiveness award are not performing the actions intended to get big gains.

Portal Entry for Round 19

Effectiveness: A scoring system related to damage you do to any enemy (whether in defence or attack), and damage received from the enemy. The damage type (eg lethal, bribe, distract) plays a large part in this score, and the manner of doing/receiving the damage (eg bashing somebody at 30% range) can also affect these gains/losses (losses are much less likely than gains, but can occur in certain circumstances/fights with extremely poor planning and attacks).

/Entry

Pesonally I think that the "manner of doing the damage" should be tweaked, as Ed has suggested, in order to bring the statistic up-to-date in terms of repeat attacks. Just include it as 0 eff or negative eff et voila, we recover a lovely fun statistic again :D

QuitusV2

Pruner
There's no need to resort to name calling and down-trodding guys ¬¬

What is clear is this: there is evidence that the winners of the effectiveness award are not performing the actions intended to get big gains.

Portal Entry for Round 19

Effectiveness: A scoring system related to damage you do to any enemy (whether in defence or attack), and damage received from the enemy. The damage type (eg lethal, bribe, distract) plays a large part in this score, and the manner of doing/receiving the damage (eg bashing somebody at 30% range) can also affect these gains/losses (losses are much less likely than gains, but can occur in certain circumstances/fights with extremely poor planning and attacks).

/Entry

Pesonally I think that the "manner of doing the damage" should be tweaked, as Ed has suggested, in order to bring the statistic up-to-date in terms of repeat attacks. Just include it as 0 eff or negative eff et voila, we recover a lovely fun statistic again :D

I assume when u say that u´re just saying it for the day right?... I mean same thing as Bounty, if u attack the same target twice or more on 144 ticks u´ll get **** bounty after the first time no matter he is Dreaded.

Max

Garden Designer
I assume when u say that u´re just saying it for the day right?... I mean same thing as Bounty, if u attack the same target twice or more on 144 ticks u´ll get **** bounty after the first time no matter he is Dreaded.

Spot on Quitus, that's exactly what I mean. Works for bounty and honour, no reason why it can't be applied to effectiveness as well :)

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Better do. Cause if it did, MrJ would be on like -1000000 eff since he has continuously attacked one pom LOL! Sad way to get an award.

bluehen55

Harvester
If you repeat hit a target you get reduced effectiveness anyway, compared to hitting honourably.

Nope. I think its Bluehen who has constantly hit a PoM :(

Woah now, that's what MrJ has been doing, not me. He repeatedly hit one solo pom over and over, without stealing any land so as not to raise AR, to take over the disable stat that I held most of the round, and now effectiveness too. I've hit my share of PoMs (hint: they're a good target for arsons) but I've at least tried for a variety of targets and I've been trying to steal land as well. You'll notice I have quite a good H/F (yes, I know that system is screwed up too) while he is in the top 10 most wanted for all those repeat attacks.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I guess i just jump to conclusions :(

Just hate people like him who has to cheat their way basically to get awards. Only the people who work for them should win it :(

Guess this is one of the changes Magpie can make when he takes over!