Dr. Who?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Oh my!! Amazing episode!!! The doctor is badass!!!!

Downside though, whats up up with there being 7 episodes in the season then a 3/4 month gap before the next episode...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I'm rather disappointed

What with? I thought that was an amazing episode, i love the whole doctor being all tough and having a threatening edge throughout this and the last season and this being a consequence...it was subtle but enough to notice which is good.

Doing a season in 2 halfs (with 7 episodes in the first half) is a big let down but only from an annoyance POV rather than as a negative on the series itself

Max

Garden Designer
I thought it was a pretty good episode, I guess it totally wrong but my wife guessed it totally right \o/

What I was most pleased about was the fact that the series of episodes finished with an answer rather than a series of more questions to be asked, which is why I prefer Doctor Who to something like Lost :)

Davs

Garden Designer
I thought it was a pretty good episode, I guess it totally wrong but my wife guessed it totally right \o/

What I was most pleased about was the fact that the series of episodes finished with an answer rather than a series of more questions to be asked, which is why I prefer Doctor Who to something like Lost :)

That being said, the semi-cliffhanger at the end was a nice touch. Not enough to infuriate you for having to wait until September, but intriguing enough to know there's something to look forward to.

Souls

Official Helper

That being said, the semi-cliffhanger at the end was a nice touch. Not enough to infuriate you for having to wait until September, but intriguing enough to know there's something to look forward to.

No, I'm pretty infuriated :p

edd

Tree Surgeon

No, I'm pretty infuriated :p

Me too Souls :p

Max

Garden Designer
I supplement the lack of new Doctor Who episodes with old ones from the University Sci-Fi Library, so if you have access to anything similar GOGOGO :D

Just finished watching the first episode with the Daleks (and the first original doctor who). It's laced with suspense and lots of slinging the Daleks around to and fro. My favourite part was when they got someone to crawl inside a Dalek and pretend to be one, brilliant xD

Having said that, I'm looking forward to the rest of the series this Autumn.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
sooo much just got answered!! nice to see the season start off with a bang!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Dont think im about to write any spoilers but just incase....GAP! (Just re-read...definite spoilers i guess)

***SPOILERS***
Parts of this episode really annoyed me...the whole "Mel" being their best friend we've never heard of and her turning up randomly with a gun but nobody seeming to care that much etc etc really annoyed me as i was watching it but then got overshadowed by the awesomeness of the end of the episode. Both writing and acting was phenomenal for this week, i like how they dealt with River being a timelord but now not being able to regenerate...and the set up for the rest of the season was really good. Dont know how they are gonna play the doctor dying, i was sure there was a technicality that meant he didnt die but in this episode they said it was a fixed point in time that couldnt be changed...so dunno.
Doesnt look like next weeks will advance the overall season storyline too much but will have to wait and see

Alvestein

Garden Designer
SPOILERS TOOOOOO

well, i assumed the fixed point in time was with the astronaut when river was still a child but surely she'd remember killing him already?? very confusing to be honest :/ i didnt really like the mel character in any way to be honest, too annoying and glad she didn't stay for long.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
You guessed it....Spoiltastic.

I thought that the doctor that dies might have been fake (like made out of that goo stuff) as i couldnt remember if it showed him trying to regenerate when he dies....but when they said he had to die at that time...i cant see them getting round that now. In the series as a whole they've made a fairly big point of the whole "fixed point in time" not being changeable for any reason.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Spoilergooblma!

Yeah he definitely tried to regenerate again and then she shot him again in the face whilst he was trying :p which is strange because i swear they can't be hurt whilst regenerating (like riversong being shot by those bullets in the last ep by the nazis.)