Desperation to get a Global Statistic

Alvestein

Garden Designer
tbh if max or any other person wants to have fun getting awards like that, who are you guys to judge them? the award was put up there for people to get it, so it might aswel have some effort put into it :p

when did you guys get so serious and old?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
tbh if max or any other person wants to have fun getting awards like that, who are you guys to judge them? the award was put up there for people to get it, so it might aswel have some effort put into it :p

if he's doing every single flyover/hack/driveby etc by himself then so be it, but almost every round i've been paying attention someone 'cheats' to get this award. Ergo, this award encourages cheating.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

if he's doing every single flyover/hack/driveby etc by himself then so be it, but almost every round i've been paying attention someone 'cheats' to get this award. Ergo, this award encourages cheating.

flying over/hacking oneself is not cheating as far as im aware. Even if it is to get a stat. And i dont know how it encourages cheating either

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i haven't said it's cheating, using a macro or any other program that automates such a system is cheating, doing it yourself is lame. 100% lame.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
weeeelll, i guess you could kind of tell if someone was using a macro by recording their stat and seeing if there are any patterns. but tbh im not bothered enough to do that xD

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
And how exactly would that make you any better than what they are doing? xD

Zaheen

BANNED

Actually there use to be a time when people didn't ruin the statistics for fair players, for example Master Thief, some players make it their goal to obtain that stat by farming the Bots none stop and letting other people farm them.

I played a round once where, by default I was gradually getting Nosy Neighbour and I didn't want it (and at one point I had it), I was pretending to be offline and I was under attack, if my attackers had noticed that stat change whilst they were attacking me they probably would have recalled. So that round I wish there was somebody like Max who had a massive lead in that stat so I didn't have to worry about me getting it.

I suppose you can say they have earned it, but sometimes (not always) it does ruin the fun for other people who are actually playing properly to try and get the stats, and it is sad to spend half the round trying to get a stat nobody even cares about...so you might as well stop now and see if anybody else is as sad as you are =]

Davs

Garden Designer
and it is sad to spend half the round trying to get a stat nobody even cares about...so you might as well stop now and see if anybody else is as sad as you are =]

I disagree tbh, in Max's case he simply wants to get as many stats as he can - that doesn't make him sad it just means that he has different goals to you...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
and it is sad to spend half the round trying to get a stat nobody even cares about...so you might as well stop now and see if anybody else is as sad as you are =]

I disagree tbh, in Max's case he simply wants to get as many stats as he can - that doesn't make him sad it just means that he has different goals to you...

Yeah, but clicking "send message" repeatedly to yourself several hundred times in order to get the biggest spammer award, and hacking yourself thousands of times to get the nosy neighbour award...that is the bit where it starts becoming sad. I understand that he is aiming to get the most awards he can, but to me it just seems like a massive waste of time. I can't see what is fun about clicking "send message" repeatedly.

Ranzou

Harvester
The word 'skill' is meaningless in this game. Everything is achieved through mindless repetition (yes it requires knowledge, but there really isn't much to learn). It's all mathematical, and Max is showing exactly that. It's almost like a work of art, because of the discussion it has created - which is ironic, because that means it's the opposite of sad and boring.

You may think what Max is doing is sad, but, in the same respect, everything you ever do in this game is sad, because you never produce anything new. It's all just clicking and typing. Rank 1 in any stat or rank is always the guy who is the most persistent, repetitive and boring.

Perhaps it's easier to understand if you know Max. Max FTW!

TaO

Tree Surgeon
the word 'skill' is meaningless in this game. Everything is achieved through mindless repetition (yes it requires knowledge, but there really isn't much to learn). It's all mathematical, and max is showing exactly that. It's almost like a work of art, because of the discussion it has created - which is ironic, because that means it's the opposite of sad and boring.

You may think what max is doing is sad, but, in the same respect, everything you ever do in this game is sad, because you never produce anything new. It's all just clicking and typing. Rank 1 in any stat or rank is always the guy who is the most persistent, repetitive and boring.

Perhaps it's easier to understand if you know max. Max ftw!

winner!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
The word 'skill' is meaningless in this game. Everything is achieved through mindless repetition (yes it requires knowledge, but there really isn't much to learn). It's all mathematical, and Max is showing exactly that. It's almost like a work of art, because of the discussion it has created - which is ironic, because that means it's the opposite of sad and boring.

You may think what Max is doing is sad, but, in the same respect, everything you ever do in this game is sad, because you never produce anything new. It's all just clicking and typing. Rank 1 in any stat or rank is always the guy who is the most persistent, repetitive and boring.

Perhaps it's easier to understand if you know Max. Max FTW!

I knew I had a good reason to love Ranzou <3

Max ftw.