Combo vs Anagram | R41

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Iirc you did ask Bribemania though ;o

DUN DUN DUN DRAMALLAMA

ACTUALLY..

Bribe asked us :p

LOL, no they didnt :eek: i saw the mail Steve (or somebody) sent to Maickesh (or AHQ w/e) about how you guys liked their tactics and how we were lame for doing nothing (right before we attacked you) in an attempt to buy them over to help you kill us.

I didn't have A-Mail privleges then.. :p I got them later, and the mails I SAW were from bribe asking to join us on some attacks on anagram.. (or maybe it was peewee)

See.. I wish I saved more stuff from previous rounds.

edd

Tree Surgeon
[15:49] <@maickesh> I like your guys tactics, you attack well, you defend well, you get land well, and you die for the LoLs :p
[15:50] <@maickesh> Anagram on the other hand, sit on land doing nothing, very little attacking, sitting on land they've held all round, not getting in range of Kiwi, and reaping the benefits of it.
[15:50] <@maickesh> In short, I'm saying BM > ANR, and I wana see if we can make that happen in the alliance rankings too :p
[15:50] <@maickesh> I'm not suggesting anything too fancy, just a simple case of attacking ANR on mass together, to secure you guys a Rank 3 place at the end of the round over them.

Maickesh quoting the mail from combo to him. Some of steve's "clever politics" perhaps. ;)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
[15:49] <@maickesh> I like your guys tactics, you attack well, you defend well, you get land well, and you die for the LoLs :p
[15:50] <@maickesh> Anagram on the other hand, sit on land doing nothing, very little attacking, sitting on land they've held all round, not getting in range of Kiwi, and reaping the benefits of it.
[15:50] <@maickesh> In short, I'm saying BM > ANR, and I wana see if we can make that happen in the alliance rankings too :p
[15:50] <@maickesh> I'm not suggesting anything too fancy, just a simple case of attacking ANR on mass together, to secure you guys a Rank 3 place at the end of the round over them.

Maickesh quoting the mail from combo to him. Some of steve's "clever politics" perhaps. ;)

Then who the heck asked us to attack yall?

Steve_God

Official Helper
It was me Lucky :twisted:

It was mid-round when we had huge amounts of land more than Anagram, and around the time the Kiwi suicide squad kept staying on us about twice a day, bashing us down to third.

Yeah, it was a bit of politics :p back in the day it would've worked with the leader of the other ally wanting to get higher ranks and willing to take a punt to take out a mutual opponent together.

Unfortunately, it was as successful as the resistance, no-one could be bothered :p lol

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Best offensive alliance: Anagram for all the successful rushes on Combo, even if it is pretty easy doing it with harriers. Combo also deserve a mention in this for slugging it out with Anagram in a nice fair fight with no underhand tactics from either side (as far as I know).

I take it back.

Pathetic, Steve.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Best offensive alliance: Anagram for all the successful rushes on Combo, even if it is pretty easy doing it with harriers. Combo also deserve a mention in this for slugging it out with Anagram in a nice fair fight with no underhand tactics from either side (as far as I know).

I take it back.

Pathetic, Steve.

All's fair in love and war... ;)

Angela

Harvester

I take it back.

Pathetic, Steve.

I think sometimes people do actually forget that it is a war game they are playing.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And sometimes I also forget what a complete ****ing spastic you are, but thankfully you do a good job of reminding me on a regular basis.

Yochoko

Head Gardener

I take it back.

Pathetic, Steve.

I think sometimes people do actually forget that it is a war game they are playing.

ya, it's a war game with a (large) space in our minds for complaining, griping, criticizing tactics/behaviour/attitude, accusing about spies, and awarding fair play. it's not a real war we are in, in other words.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Rules of War
Honor in Battle
annd..

Rules of Engagement..

Just because other people don't follow the rules, doesn't mean you shouldn't! (US Military's View on war)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Rules of War
Honor in Battle
annd..

Rules of Engagement..

Just because other people don't follow the rules, doesn't mean you shouldn't! (US Military's View on war)

Ironic given the illegality of the war in Iraq :p

Angela

Harvester
it is a game .. .just because its a war game ... does mean that if you want fluffy bunnys all the time and everyone to play nice your obviously playing the wrong game, the fact that so many seem to have take the fact that i said people forget that its a war game a insult i find hilarious, each side of a war have different rules doesnt mean either is right or that either is wrong, also doesnt mean you should agree with either side and can have your own point of view, but it is a war game.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
If you need to ask another alliance (which was known for its cheating) to help against another alliance of equal size, in what was going to be the most interesting and fair fight between two of the top ranking alliances, then you deserve to be called pathetic, and if you don't see that then I stand by original judgement that you're a spastic.

Like in football, it's not against the rules to play 6 defenders and play with 11 men behind the ball, but if you do it you should be prepared to face ridicule.

Angela

Harvester
If you need to ask another alliance (which was known for its cheating) to help against another alliance of equal size, in what was going to be the most interesting and fair fight between two of the top ranking alliances, then you deserve to be called pathetic, and if you don't see that then I stand by original judgement that you're a spastic.

Like in football, it's not against the rules to play 6 defenders and play with 11 men behind the ball, but if you do it you should be prepared to face ridicule.

i wasnt commenting on what steve god did or didnt do i was commenting on his comment on all fairs in love and war .. you know my comment about it being a war game and his comment about it being love and war ... and you make it out that calling someone a spastic is an insult? im sure ive known more that are brighter and nicer than you are and could probably teach you a thing about what it is like to be insulted.

ps, i will take it as a complement when you call me a spastic as most of the people YOU would class as spastic are kind, caring, loving and friendly, and have a heart bigger than a mountain so thank you.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Firstly, compliment has an "i" in it.

Secondly, your post makes no sense. You know more what? More spastics? Do you have a spastic social group?
How exactly would these spastics teach me what it is like to be insulted? Are they going to drool on me?
I may not be Albert Einstein, but I find it fairly hard to believe I'm going to be outsmarted by an actual spastic. Out-niced, maybe, but I can be perfectly nice to people I feel deserve it.

Finally, being called a spastic is never a compliment (with an "i"). It comes with the fairly blatant implication that you are mentally subnormal. Unless you find idiocy an attractive character trait I suggest you take another look at what you class as a compliment.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
it is a game .. .just because its a war game ... does mean that if you want fluffy bunnys all the time and everyone to play nice your obviously playing the wrong game, the fact that so many seem to have take the fact that i said people forget that its a war game a insult i find hilarious, each side of a war have different rules doesnt mean either is right or that either is wrong, also doesnt mean you should agree with either side and can have your own point of view, but it is a war game.

i find it insulting to be reminded of "this is a war game after all" often as if it's the reason for doing 'anything' including pathetic attitude/decisions and underhanded ways of taking out another alliance from the competition. everyone knows it's a war game, but people have their own moral and rules to follow. if they feel some stuff in the game, some people's attitude wrong/pathetic, then, they can express themselves by giving opinions on the forum since this is a game involving many people. just saying "people tend to forget this is a war game" is insulting as to underestimating others' capacity to understand what game they are playing, and classifying any arguments/discussions/opinions invalid.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Rules of War
Honor in Battle
annd..

Rules of Engagement..

Ironic given the illegality of the war in Iraq :p

funny, considering there were allied troops there.. :p

Also.. I didn't say anything about the legality of war! only the rules, theres a difference ;)

and toby.. Their "cheating" wasn't blatantly known till later in the round..