• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bush integrated IRC / Chat

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As we all know, the community is what keeps the game alive. IRC is very important for Bushtarion, and a lot of players would've left (including myself) wasn't it for the random chatting and fun. For new players, downloading and installing an additional program (mIRC) isn't very attractive. Therefore, it might be nice to integrate an IRC connected chat room in Bushtarion, on the left hand menu for example. Click on it, pop-up opens with IRC. Could use your account name automatically with a possibility to change it in Account settings under IRC chat options, for example. We could also add an option for the alliance leader to set-up an alliance channel with a key, which would help alliances lower down the rankings. Make sure it automatically joins #bushtarion and the alliance channel (if configured).

I'm not sure this is do-able coding wise, but it sure would bring more people on IRC and hopefully make them stick around longer. Maybe a nice addition before starting the Age 5 ads-campaign? ;)

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Re: Bush integrated IRC / Chat

i like it!!! :)
anything to get more people involved in the community :D

hope it can be done!!!!!!!

Augustus

Head Gardener

This is a brilliant idea. There are many people who don't use IRC, either because of work issues(but still play Bush at work), don't know how to set it all up, or dont wan't a random programme installed on their PC. If this was tied up with the suggestion of a forum account being activated when a Bushtarion account is set up I think the community would flourish, due to it being made easily accessible.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

yeah and it will keep people out of my alliance channel since they wouldn't have to use tal-shiar. i play runescape and am part of the tsa, quit trying to check on my activity by crashing my channels with your garbage. You lazy filth.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

definite thumbs up! Great idea...i have IRC but this would make me be on a bit more even as i can never be bothered to load up IRC as well as bush...lol

(see what computers have done to the youth of today...now we are not only too lazy to move we are to lazy to click...)

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Possible. Infact easily enough done. But!

It would kill the server. CGI:IRC uses huge amounts of resources and bandwidth... It would probs slow the server down alot.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Surely not hard to put mibbit or Talshiar IRC into a window of a bushtarion page.

Legal? Im pretty sure there are ways to get around it.
Useful? I would use it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i would say mibbit as tal_shiar defaults to that chatroom where we do not belong.

they make that available to the public out of the kindness of their heart and I don't think that it would be fair to blast their bandwidth just for this game.

in fact I on a daily basis try to help tal_shiar ban bush noobs from their channel.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Same way as mibbit and talshair does?
^.^

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

Maybe I'm being a bit retarded but can't you set your maximum logins on the netgamers page? I'm often logged in mIRC on the main computer , but then run Mibbit when i'm forced onto the yucky laptop =P I'm able to be logged in both places.

That may not be what your talking about though....

WildDisease

Pruner

harriergirl said:
Maybe I'm being a bit retarded but can't you set your maximum logins on the netgamers page? I'm often logged in mIRC on the main computer , but then run Mibbit when i'm forced onto the yucky laptop =P I'm able to be logged in both places.

That may not be what your talking about though....

You can set your logins of your NG user name but multiple connections from the same IP/host will get you Glined. Not sure if this has changed or if Mibbit runs on proxies but that was the case back then.

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator

I believe mibbit has an exception limit of 20 users

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Markb said:
I believe mibbit has an exception limit of 20 users

With the number of people in #bushtarion these days we honestly wouldn't need much more. :(

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

1. Suggested years ago, Azzer said wont ever happen.
2. CGI:IRC doesnt use insane amounts of bandwith, my old 350MHz AMD was able to run webserver,IRC server, cgi:IRC all at the same time, if current comps with multiple prosessors cant then what can?

lock the thread?