Bounty system....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz

Harvester
Re: Bounty system....

CLem said:
DarkSider said:
Point is i know several players that restarted or deleted as soon as they finished teching since they realised there is nothing to play for if you are not obsessed with valuation.

heh so true :D

darkside is right, i restarted after i finshed sa's i got bored

Jorizz

Pruner

I agree with Melnibone here.
L/F was broken, fundementally flawed and therefor BH was broken. If you look where the playerbase decline started, it was with the introduction of l/f/BH. Injuries is a perfect way to recover from bashes, if you get bashed you simply loose smeg all.

The current system has flaws, quiet a bit, but it surely has a whole lot of potential and I'm looking foward to the final update. Now you lot stfu, or do we need to start a banner campaign that we love the new changes in order to silence you guys? :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Jorizz said:
L/F was broken, fundementally flawed and therefor BH was broken. If you look where the playerbase decline started, it was with the introduction of l/f/BH. Injuries is a perfect way to recover from bashes, if you get bashed you simply loose smeg all.

L/f might have needed some small changes but "fundamentally flawed" is far from reality. Look at the curent bashes with no limits and tell me l/f didn't do it's job. And about injuries you look at it from 1 side only. It takes an unlawful attack to get 80% injury not a bash, and you loose as you say smeg all. But since this is a war game, many like to destroy their enemies and not just to get bigger day by day. Bushtarion it's not really a game about economy, farming better than others. Injuries should keep both defenders and attackers happy, atm they only make targets ecstatic for loosing next to no troops and attackers anoyed as their killing doesn't mean much :p

Chewie

Pruner

Jorizz said:

The current system has flaws, quiet a bit, but it surely has a whole lot of potential and I'm looking foward to the final update. Now you lot stfu, or do we need to start a banner campaign that we love the new changes in order to silence you guys? :p

so bringing this new system in wil clearly make the people who enjoyed playing these systems want to leave? I dont think the ammount of people leaving was primarily based on the new systems i think it was more to do with other factors like the age of the playerbase with a lot going ot university or doing A levels and prioritising work. I honestly dont think you can claim that around 1000 people left because of the LF system.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Indeed, that is pure speculation. Browser based games are doomed :p I blame WOW, at least there is evidence that several players left bush to invest all their free time in WOW :p

Hobo

Harvester

I strted playing this game when BH was a stat.
That was fine, wasnt looking to b ranked or anything. now that is has gone and bashes can happen without any worry of penalty ( even if it is a red title) the game has taken a down turn in my opinion. The injury system is fine, and i understand it keeps you in the game but if thats the case bounty hunting shouldnt really make any difference.
You get the troops back, the hunter gets the cash and less injuries.
When you see this turning into the 10 man bashes that we used to you cant help but feel a little sad.
I doubt it will be brought back but with the lack of options for playing apart from Value, (cos tbh i can sit my troops a t home and get effectiveness) there is gonna have to be new blood brought into the game, and unless more advertising is done i cant see this happening.
I am not sure quite what was wrong with the bounty system in the first place that caused it to be scrapped

Augustus

Head Gardener

Melnibone said:
I think you'll find that your the stupid one for suggesting that the new system isn't a replacement for the old one, that's like saying age 4.5 isn't a replacement for age 4 as they are worlds apart. It quite clearly is, hence it falling under the category of Bounty Hunting. Secondly if it isn't a way of generating funds, then why do you get funds when a succesful 'revenge' attack is carried out?? :roll:

[quote:16moqcaj]Emmm read portal what we have now is personal enemies that allow you on a successful revenge attack to recover your own losses, BH was the ability to earn income from a target completely unconnected to you that never hit you before. Secondly as there is no longer a BH ranking that earns a portal spot there clearly isn't any replacement for the old system it was merely removed, something being implemented at the same time something is removed does not make it a replacement, so as far as stupid goes your still winning

Your still totally and utterly wrong, just because something is totally different doesn't mean it isn't a replacement (read my previous comment again and this time engage your brain :roll: ). And secondly, yes there is no portal spot, but there is still a ranking for it so in principal there isnt much difference apart from how you obtain it.

Fair point. Please point me in the direction of the thread which is in support of the new system as I haven't found it yet, all I have come across is people moaning about how it sucks and is effectively useless due to the majority of 'enemies' being either way too big or small to launch an attack or the fact that the couple of 'enemies' in range are their anti-route.

You have maybe came across what 20-30 people moaning about it WOW stop the press a collection of players who were avid bounty hunters don't like the fact it was removed, most players who i speak to find the removal of the bounty system with the introduction of injuries has allowed them to still participate at a high level with much reduced activity times (which if you have ever played at the top ranks is the single biggest factor in people quitting/not playing as seriously as before). Besides which my position at the moment (i.e. happy at the removal of BH) is the position of the game i do not need to go around drumming up support for it, that would be pointless and i waste enough of my life reading and replying to people like yourself who feel the need to moan as things are not how they particularly like them instead of trying to adapt to the game and find new ways to succeed

Yet more pointless responses to comments! It seems you miss the whole point I have raised, that currently the system is flawed, corrections need to be made in order for it to be a worthwhile change. At what point do I moan about bringing back the old system?? What I am doing along with many others is realising that the system is not functioning smoothly, I have used this to suggest alterations that would augment the new system, improving it not abolishing it you muppet :? And what have you done? Hi-jacked this thread and turned it into a way of flexing your verbal muscle in the most unconstrucitve way perceivable. So far all you are proving is that you are a more than worthy replacement for Balckwolf as the official whinger ;)

And this comment is constructive how? Yet another person who doesn't really have any valid or useful comments to make. I admire your ability to string together some long words and appear like you are of a high intelect, but really it appears you just like the sound of their own voice. Please come back when you have something useful and relevent to say :D

It appears you have a problem with anyone who can express themselves with a degree of eloquence, maybe you would prefer to venture elsewhere as you will find many people here can do likewise seriously if this is the 'coup de grace' to put me in my place as it were then in a battle of intellects you are sorely out of your depth with a retarded cabbage let alone any other human.

P.S. If you feel the need to reply try using some big words and try to appear of even average intellect it will make my replies a little less condescending
[/quote:16moqcaj]

My deeepest sympathy to you, as you obviously had a depraved and twisted chidhood full of bitterness as it seems you cannot engage in a debate without resorting to outbursts of insulting comments, bitter phrases or cliched sayings. The sad thing is although you seem to have the grammatical prowess of an adult you appear to have the maturity of a spoilt child. Now so far the only person to have any support for the new system in this thread and from what I have seen anywhere else, is you. Also in your blissful ignorance of what other people mean when they say something ,you seem to chase your tail around a certain subject. You are the one who is concerned about whether the old Bounty system will be brought back, not me! Whereas I don't have a problem with Bounty Hunting being replaced, I feel it is necessary to point out its flaws/weaknesses in order to speed up the improvement of the new system. Melnibone please go away, grow up and then come back if and when you have something constructive to say. Rather than lashing out with personal insults which prove nothing, other than you like to make pointless arguments :lol:

Melnibone

Head Gardener

In response to Augustus few things to clear up

yes there is no portal spot, but there is still a ranking for it so in principal there isnt much difference apart from how you obtain it.

completely wrong there is a 'statistic' for it no ranking just as there are no rankings for all the other statistics the only rankings now (individually) are effectiveness and value, BH was a ranking but is no longer. that is the issue which i originally raised with you and seems to be escaping you

Yet more pointless responses to comments! It seems you miss the whole point I have raised, that currently the system is flawed, corrections need to be made in order for it to be a worthwhile change. At what point do I moan about bringing back the old system?? What I am doing along with many others is realising that the system is not functioning smoothly, I have used this to suggest alterations that would augment the new system, improving it not abolishing it you muppet :? And what have you done? Hi-jacked this thread and turned it into a way of flexing your verbal muscle in the most unconstrucitve way perceivable. So far all you are proving is that you are a more than worthy replacement for Balckwolf as the official whinger ;)

re-read my first post on the 2nd page where i did indeed post other possibilities, and i gave my opinion on the system and quite clearly said the existing system needs modified before its the finished article

lastly

And this comment is constructive how? Yet another person who doesn't really have any valid or useful comments to make. I admire your ability to string together some long words and appear like you are of a high intelect, but really it appears you just like the sound of their own voice. Please come back when you have something useful and relevent to say :D

I think you'll find if you take the trouble to actually read the thread again you were indeed the first person to make this a personal attack on someone for their opinion whereas i merely had a problem that i expressed with your opinions on BH which i am more than entitled to do.

so i suggest you may be referring to yourself when you said
you obviously had a depraved and twisted chidhood full of bitterness as it seems you cannot engage in a debate without resorting to outbursts of insulting comments, bitter phrases or cliched sayings

as quite clearly you were the person to start on the road of personal insults i suggest you seek counselling at the earliest opportunity as the person you have described seems to have many issues

Now i would ask a genuine favour for any future posts and that is that you think about what your posting and also check your facts so as to not make any more posts which by referrring to your own posts can be totally discredited or used to make a mockery of you

good day to you sir :D

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I love no bounty.
Although one thing was argued would be that taking BH away would remove rushing of players.

NU UH!

Reub

Pruner

CFalcon said:
Darryl wrote:
It seems to take about as much "skill" to find a target who won't recieve adequate defence and has tasty land as it does to find someone who has a bounty and no units with which he can hurt you, which is pretty much what Bounty was. Find someone who can't fight back, rush lethals and them, and wahey, free money.

New bounty system still needs some sorting, but I still see it as an improvement on the above.

Agreed. I was RPG last round and had TL rushes every single time I was offline, and I wasn't contactable really last round.. So there goes me playing really, there was litterally nothing i could do. I love the game as it is now, with a few polishes it will be even better.

I agree with most of what Melni has said, i would also like to say, yes there isn't a thread that supports the new changes, as there is one that wants bounty etc. back, but if most of the playerbase hasn't posted in your thread to bring it back, then isn't that saying something about what people think?

P.S: And as for the comments about people having derranged upbringings, grow up hey.. that would be expected out of a 12 year old, seriously.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Augustus said:
yes there is no portal spot, but there is still a ranking for it so in principal there isnt much difference apart from how you obtain it.

Melnibone said:
completely wrong there is a 'statistic' for it no ranking just as there are no rankings for all the other statistics the only rankings now (individually) are effectiveness and value, BH was a ranking but is no longer. that is the issue which i originally raised with you and seems to be escaping you

The only thing escaping me is the hope that you might come back with something useful to say, as clearly you won't. Yet again your pig headedness to accept that you are wrong is clearly demonstarted in the fact that in the game there is a ranking for bounty hunting which can easily be found in World Tables and it is easily identifiable as a ranking as the people in the Bounty Hunting ranking are arranged in ascending order of who has collected the most bounty and just to make things more clear there is a top ten ranking as well. So Melnibone what part of ranking do you not understand??

Melnibone said:
I think you'll find if you take the trouble to actually read the thread again you were indeed the first person to make this a personal attack on someone for their opinion whereas i merely had a problem that i expressed with your opinions on BH which i am more than entitled to do.

Melnibone said:
Bushtarion is a tick based alliance focussed wargame with hundreds of active dedicated players just because some people shout more than others doesnt mean their opinions are the most valid remember empty vessels make the most noise :lol:

And what is this? If I'm not mistaken it's an insult?? You were the first to turn this thread from a topical one, to a harsh criticism of anyone who doesn't think the same way as you! If that is your way of expressing your opinion then you need to rethink it, as it is an anti-social way of engaging in a debate.

Melnibone said:
Now i would ask a genuine favour for any future posts and that is that you think about what your posting and also check your facts so as to not make any more posts which by referrring to your own posts can be totally discredited or used to make a mockery of you

Hmm, a dubious way of ending the discussion as it seems I have quoted your inaccuracies and short comings, whereas you haven't....in order for you to make a mockery of my posts you have accurately point out the mistakes, rather than feeding me more ammunition to point out yours :lol:

Augustus

Head Gardener

Reub said:
I agree with most of what Melni has said, i would also like to say, yes there isn't a thread that supports the new changes, as there is one that wants bounty etc. back, but if most of the playerbase hasn't posted in your thread to bring it back, then isn't that saying something about what people think?

P.S: And as for the comments about people having derranged upbringings, grow up hey.. that would be expected out of a 12 year old, seriously.

FFS! please can you re-read my posts! Not once do I mention or insinuate that the old system should come back!! My gripe is with the flaws with the current system and how it can be improved and so far all I have heard is whining from people who want it back or dont want it back. For gods sake, there is another thread about bounty hunting called bring back old bounty hunting if you want to argue with people about which system you prefer then please go to that thread!

Secondly the comments about Melnibones upbringing where purely satirical and sarcastic, I can only assume that you are American and are unable to grasp the concept of sarcasm....and yes I have added that last comment to stir up yet more flames :lol:

Chewie

Pruner

You might want to explain to him what satire is too ;P.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Ah poor Augustus i really do feel sorry for you lets re-examine this for you

Bushtarion is a tick based alliance focussed wargame with hundreds of active dedicated players just because some people shout more than others doesnt mean their opinions are the most valid remember empty vessels make the most noise :lol:

you take this as a personal insult when you state categorically that you arent trying to bring back old bounty hunting, therefore the comment was not aimed at you but at the people constantly griping about old bounty hunting, yet you chose to misread and then launch personal attacks on me, you can if you wish try to explain them as 'sarcasm' but tbh the people who have posted have seen them for what they are you are the one making this personal and you were the one to begin making it personal so therefore you are wrong in this instance deal with it and move on

As for BH still being a 'ranking' click on world rankings on the left side taskbar and show me what rank you are as im currently top 50 for value and eff but cant see my BH 'ranking' anywhere there (under world rankings) it is now in world tables with fearsome and stealer neither of which i or most players would consider to be true rankings they are statistics nothing more... if you feel this is a ranking that you can go for i'll point out why it isnt

a ranking in this game is something that everyone can try to achieve e.g value and effectiveness while certain routes may have advantages (e.g poms with eff) every route and player can theoretically win either, statistics are parts of the game which people may find it fun to achieve but not everyone can have a realistic chance of winning a place in said tables, as in the example of BH you must have active bounty targets and not everyone has

As for showing my inaccuracies ive read and re-read all your posts in this topic in case id misssed something but i have yet to see where i am wrong??? i have pointed out a few of yours though thats probably why the insults started (prime example in this post alone about who was the first to be personally insulting :) )

Reub

Pruner

Augustus said:
Reub said:

FFS! please can you re-read my posts! Not once do I mention or insinuate that the old system should come back!! My gripe is with the flaws with the current system and how it can be improved and so far all I have heard is whining from people who want it back or dont want it back. For gods sake, there is another thread about bounty hunting called bring back old bounty hunting if you want to argue with people about which system you prefer then please go to that thread!

Secondly the comments about Melnibones upbringing where purely satirical and sarcastic, I can only assume that you are American and are unable to grasp the concept of sarcasm....and yes I have added that last comment to stir up yet more flames :lol:

Dude, you created this thread surely you have been reading the posts in it? The multiple posts about bringing back old bounty? I don't have to address everything you said just because you made it. Old bounty came in discussion so I discussed it! I didn't quote you to begin with =)

And I'm sorry I musn't spend enough time infront of a computer to easily pick out satire and sarcasm from a forums post. However one thing I have picked up on, which is obvious, is that you need to chill out, don't get so worked about bounty hunting in Bushtarion!

fatalforcex

Weeder

Bring back old Bh system :p and get rid of stealth units (ie-make them normal units) :p

Augustus

Head Gardener

Melnibone said:
Ah poor Augustus i really do feel sorry for you lets re-examine this for you

you take this as a personal insult when you state categorically that you arent trying to bring back old bounty hunting, therefore the comment was not aimed at you but at the people constantly griping about old bounty hunting, yet you chose to misread and then launch personal attacks on me, you can if you wish try to explain them as 'sarcasm' but tbh the people who have posted have seen them for what they are you are the one making this personal and you were the one to begin making it personal so therefore you are wrong in this instance deal with it and move on

Well I interpreted this as an attack on me purely because you generalised too much in your criticism of those who are not happy with the current system. I humbley accept that with further explanation from you, yes I overreacted. But at the same time it may be wise in future to be more specific about who you are criticising as inevitably you will only end up rattling someone elses cage with careless comments. Secondly I only stated that the comment about your up bringing was satirical/sarcastic, so please dont try and twist my words in that respect. As for the rest, yes I spoke with full hearted venom and I wont pretend otherwise :twisted: Now I will leave the subject be, if you have the maturity to do the same.

As for BH still being a 'ranking' click on world rankings on the left side taskbar and show me what rank you are as im currently top 50 for value and eff but cant see my BH 'ranking' anywhere there (under world rankings) it is now in world tables with fearsome and stealer neither of which i or most players would consider to be true rankings they are statistics nothing more... if you feel this is a ranking that you can go for i'll point out why it isnt

a ranking in this game is something that everyone can try to achieve e.g value and effectiveness while certain routes may have advantages (e.g poms with eff) every route and player can theoretically win either, statistics are parts of the game which people may find it fun to achieve but not everyone can have a realistic chance of winning a place in said tables, as in the example of BH you must have active bounty targets and not everyone has

I still fail to see how this arguement stands true?! The fact is there is still a ranking, the level of importance of this ranking is irrelevent. This sounds a lot like your arguement as to why the new Bounty system isn't a replacement for the old. Your perception of the recent changes seem to be based on how the game is perceived by the 'old' player base and totally ignores the cold hard facts that are plain to see....There is a bounty hunting ranking and the new bounty system is a replacement for the old. Now without wanting to cause more dispute this argument is very similar to the Evolution(me) vs Creationism(you) debate. Whereas I have based my argument on the facts that are clearly available to all, your argument seems to be based on having a certain 'belief' about how the evidence should be perceived. And much like the Evolution vs Creationsim debate, I can see that we will continue to go round in circles unable to agree on any middle ground and totally polarised to our own viewpoint of the situation. I'm sure you will have something to say about this as you are surely not the type to let someone else have the last word(as am I), however I hope that you recognise the fact that I would like to continue this debate in a more civil way and reply accordingly ;)

Meneldil

Planter

Alas, this thread has fallen from any kind of meaningful discussion into attempts to score points off one another. I'm locking it for the meantime. If anyone has something truly constructive to say in this thread PM me and I'll unlock it (and keep my eye on it).

If people do want a 'proper' discussion of this issue (which I regard as a highly relevant subject - there is little doubt that there are some flaws in the current system), then it might be best to make a thread in Bushtarion Discussions.

Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.