Bounty system....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Head Gardener
I am not a big fan of the new Bounty system at the mo. I have a huge list of people for me to get revenge on but only 10 of those have a bounty. Of those 10 at least 8 are twice the size of me or larger the remainder are of a route that pwns mine and are also of a similar size to me. Now last round I was top ten for Bounty hunting and absolutely loved it. But what use is the new system if all the people I have a Bounty on are impossible to attack? Now I'm sure that some of you will disagree but there must be others who feel the same. The only solution I can think of is to have a range system where only enemies within a certain range of your score have a Bounty, making it more feasible to attack for Bounty. The only other solution I can think of is being able to remove people from your Bounty list, this would allow you to remove those who are to big/small. Also it would solve the problem of having a Bounty on someone who then joins your Alliance, turns out to be an old friend, or just someone you dont wish to claim Bounty on. Anyone have any better solutions?

Starwon

Weeder
Re: Bounty system....

I've got exactly the same problem i've got a full list and only 9 people on there have a bounty and all but 1 of them are way to high to do anything about it :(

Tapey

Weeder

I agree the old bounty system was way better. Bt we need sum sort of filter for the new system. Iv got lyk 30 ppl with 0% bounty and the rest r way out of my reach. These need 2 b filtered out or deleted. It makes it imposible 2 find sum1 who u can get revenge on.

R3bel

Weeder

I much prefer the old system too. I have 61 people on my enemy list only 2 have bounties and they are less than 30% :cry:

Lupus

Head Gardener

agreed a filter is needed to remove ppl that have 0% bounty

Alvestein

Garden Designer

omg i have the exact same problem. i agree that the old system was much better to get bounty with.

CLem

Head Gardener

I have reached the point where all the people on my bounty list are either 300% of me or less than 30% of me or they are the counter route. So no more bounty hunting for me, more time to study :)

LostinNY

Weeder

also the top 5 "bounty" hunters are in the top 50 of value, and involved with the top 3 alliances. bounty hunting has become meaningless and just another rank for the top few

Gooner-fan-deano

Harvester

:D i got 3 75% bounty on my list... I do have to agree that there are many people with 0% though...even some i have stolen lad from :S

Yang

Harvester

The new bounty system is quite stupid...

most of the top bounties on my list are the anti-route of my route... nothing to do against them :/

Augustus

Head Gardener

wtf?! As if it wasnt bad enough, one of the few realistic targets with a decent Bounty has dropped off my list! I've been waiting a few days to hit him with my P-units and now I'm ready, the Bountys gone!! I havent attacked him so why isnt it there any more??

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Emmm Bounty Hunting as a rank and aim in the game has been removed all that is left is 'revenge' bounty it was not proposed as a replacement for old bounty hunting nor is the system supposed to be an easy way to generate funds it is merely there to allow you to still bounty hunt anyone who has transgressed against you.... so first of all not a replacement so comparisons are stupid

Second of all all this huge support for bringing back bounty hunting? where? last i checked there were over 1000 players with registered accounts show me 500 wanting it back and i'll say im wrong instead you have a page of posts and maybe at most a dozen people with altered sigs to bring back bounty :roll: huge support indeed

Bushtarion is a tick based alliance focussed wargame with hundreds of active dedicated players just because some people shout more than others doesnt mean their opinions are the most valid remember empty vessels make the most noise :lol:

CFalcon

Official Helper

Darryl wrote:
It seems to take about as much "skill" to find a target who won't recieve adequate defence and has tasty land as it does to find someone who has a bounty and no units with which he can hurt you, which is pretty much what Bounty was. Find someone who can't fight back, rush lethals and them, and wahey, free money.

New bounty system still needs some sorting, but I still see it as an improvement on the above.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Melnibone said:
Emmm Bounty Hunting as a rank and aim in the game has been removed all that is left is 'revenge' bounty it was not proposed as a replacement for old bounty hunting nor is the system supposed to be an easy way to generate funds it is merely there to allow you to still bounty hunt anyone who has transgressed against you.... so first of all not a replacement so comparisons are stupid

I think you'll find that your the stupid one for suggesting that the new system isn't a replacement for the old one, that's like saying age 4.5 isn't a replacement for age 4 as they are worlds apart. It quite clearly is, hence it falling under the category of Bounty Hunting. Secondly if it isn't a way of generating funds, then why do you get funds when a succesful 'revenge' attack is carried out?? :roll:

Second of all all this huge support for bringing back bounty hunting? where? last i checked there were over 1000 players with registered accounts show me 500 wanting it back and i'll say im wrong instead you have a page of posts and maybe at most a dozen people with altered sigs to bring back bounty :roll: huge support indeed

Fair point. Please point me in the direction of the thread which is in support of the new system as I haven't found it yet, all I have come across is people moaning about how it sucks and is effectively useless due to the majority of 'enemies' being either way too big or small to launch an attack or the fact that the couple of 'enemies' in range are their anti-route.

Bushtarion is a tick based alliance focussed wargame with hundreds of active dedicated players just because some people shout more than others doesnt mean their opinions are the most valid remember empty vessels make the most noise :lol:

And this comment is constructive how? Yet another person who doesn't really have any valid or useful comments to make. I admire your ability to string together some long words and appear like you are of a high intelect, but really it appears you just like the sound of their own voice. Please come back when you have something useful and relevent to say :D

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Melnibone said:

Show me 500 against bounty hunting ? Or let's see from those that posted how many are in favour of it and how many against. Point is i know several players that restarted or deleted as soon as they finished teching since they realised there is nothing to play for if you are not obsessed with valuation.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Hmmm DS obsessed with valuation??? you've been here long enough to know that BH etc was only brought in fairly recently with the L/F system (in terms of this games existing life span) and it was very obviously flawed and therefore removed as a ranking. You and others posting seem to think that the game should adapt to suit yourselves well i think that you are wrong this game is Value based it always was, many people try to pinpoint the exact time the game as it stands went into decline well imo (and it is just one mans opinion) it started to really decline with the advent of multiple rankings and is now back to the core of what it should be yes it still has flaws or things that can be improved but that is another topic L/F and BH is not and never has been the answer

Personally i remember your rounds playing TL's when you bounty hunted the tactic was mass tl's send pure tl mobs and fakes to several targets hope your target wasn't online and the alliance never defended. This and all the other players like you who adopted this strategy imo is what killed this game more than anything else.

If you feel its too easy to bash (the reason l/f and bounty was introduced) then come up with anti bashing suggestions personally i feel the new injury system (as much as 80% troops back in 18 ticks 12 for pure solo) is a great step in the right direction (yes it has flaws but its in its infancy lets see how Azzer modifies it and makes it better over the coming rounds) and anything else thats workable that can further help the situation such as possibly higher attack limits (50% instead of 30% for example) could help too, the cries of 'bring back BH' and 'most players want it' are completely unfounded and wrong

As as RPG player this round i have won just about every first tick battle i have fought but dont win too many on my last tick therefore there being bounty this round would have helped me no end but as i know its harder to kill a target and steal land than it is to get lucky and get a free tick on a player to catch a huge bounty i genuinely think that players incomes should come from hard fought for and hard earned land as opposed to getting lucky on a high value bounty target, as to me showing you anything i dont have to there is no BH or L/F currently operational so what do i need to show i am happy the game works the way i feel it should? if you wish it back you show me the massive support for it then i may agree that the majority of players want it.....

Melnibone

Head Gardener

I think you'll find that your the stupid one for suggesting that the new system isn't a replacement for the old one, that's like saying age 4.5 isn't a replacement for age 4 as they are worlds apart. It quite clearly is, hence it falling under the category of Bounty Hunting. Secondly if it isn't a way of generating funds, then why do you get funds when a succesful 'revenge' attack is carried out?? :roll:

Emmm read portal what we have now is personal enemies that allow you on a successful revenge attack to recover your own losses, BH was the ability to earn income from a target completely unconnected to you that never hit you before. Secondly as there is no longer a BH ranking that earns a portal spot there clearly isn't any replacement for the old system it was merely removed, something being implemented at the same time something is removed does not make it a replacement, so as far as stupid goes your still winning

Fair point. Please point me in the direction of the thread which is in support of the new system as I haven't found it yet, all I have come across is people moaning about how it sucks and is effectively useless due to the majority of 'enemies' being either way too big or small to launch an attack or the fact that the couple of 'enemies' in range are their anti-route.

You have maybe came across what 20-30 people moaning about it WOW stop the press a collection of players who were avid bounty hunters don't like the fact it was removed, most players who i speak to find the removal of the bounty system with the introduction of injuries has allowed them to still participate at a high level with much reduced activity times (which if you have ever played at the top ranks is the single biggest factor in people quitting/not playing as seriously as before). Besides which my position at the moment (i.e. happy at the removal of BH) is the position of the game i do not need to go around drumming up support for it, that would be pointless and i waste enough of my life reading and replying to people like yourself who feel the need to moan as things are not how they particularly like them instead of trying to adapt to the game and find new ways to succeed

And this comment is constructive how? Yet another person who doesn't really have any valid or useful comments to make. I admire your ability to string together some long words and appear like you are of a high intelect, but really it appears you just like the sound of their own voice. Please come back when you have something useful and relevent to say :D

It appears you have a problem with anyone who can express themselves with a degree of eloquence, maybe you would prefer to venture elsewhere as you will find many people here can do likewise seriously if this is the 'coup de grace' to put me in my place as it were then in a battle of intellects you are sorely out of your depth with a retarded cabbage let alone any other human.

P.S. If you feel the need to reply try using some big words and try to appear of even average intellect it will make my replies a little less condescending

CLem

Head Gardener

DarkSider said:
Point is i know several players that restarted or deleted as soon as they finished teching since they realised there is nothing to play for if you are not obsessed with valuation.

heh so true :D

Status
Not open for further replies.