Bashing

tomtree

Head Gardener
Isn't there a thread like this every round?

and in my opinion attacking at 70% just requires you to spend more time hacking/spying targets to find a perfect one. thats no more skillfull than attack someone of a lower score, merely more time consuming and with less chance of it being successful. the sensible person does as iamsmart is suggesting; which is to attack at 30-50% where not only are your chances of a successful attack higher, it takes less time to find a decent target, and youre likely to take less losses.

though ultimately it depends on what you want out of them game and whether you think getting a bounter is likely to have a larger negative effect than the positive effect you gain from getting easier land. (i think that makes sense? though i have probably worded it badly...)

Alvestein

Garden Designer
putting in effort makes the land/kill that much sweeter :)

but yeah, it is at the end of the day what the players wants to do.

CLem

Head Gardener
attacking at 70% does take more skill than attacking at 40%. You have limited yourself to targets that have a fair amount of firing power and need to have the knowledge to find a profitable target to land. Whereas if you attack at 40% you can even find routes that are supposed to be your counter route and still land on them, it becomes a who can throw enough men at the machine-gun wins scenario.

I'm not for or against bashing, it is a factor of the game that will happen and I have played both ways. IN MY OPINION I use my brain more when it comes to attacking at 70% and it is a lot more satisfying.

But if your aim is to get as much land as possible with as little losses as possible, attacking at 70% is kind of silleh.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
You argue it requires more skill, I argue it requires more stupidity, which is the opposite of skill. My names Iamsmart, your names Clem.

:(

CLem

Head Gardener
Try digest my post a bit further and tell me:

a) how someone who's aim is not to get as high as possible in the valuation rank is stupid and unskilled.

b) if there are two people, same route, both aiming to achieve a high value rank, one attacking at anything from 40% and one attacking at 70% only. And at the end of the round hypothetically say both ended up having the same score and land, who would you say have more skill?? You can say that the guy attacking at 70% is stupid as he/she will have to put in a lot more effort but he is no less skillful than the other one.

My name is CLem and your name is very ironic. :)

Elevnos

BANNED
This thread was destined to be an argument the moment it was made, therefore I think a locking is in order...

Alvestein

Garden Designer
This thread was destined to be an argument the moment it was made, therefore I think a locking is in order...

gripes are made for arguing D: and this is hardly arguing when you compare it to about 80% of the other threads on this forum :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This argument appears every single round - Stop complaining, there are plenty of things to level out down-bashing on players, such as AR and alliance play. If your alliance can't sacrifice a few Guru or PoM to stop a land hit, then you're probably not in the right alliance.
If you're FTF, why complain about it? I think I covered a few of the major bases there.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Dax last time i checked i'm allowed to complain all i want on the gripe forums?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I've said it a mllion times. The players follow the rules of the game. If the game allows us to attack at 30% blaming players for doing this is stupid.

CFalcon

Official Helper
LOL, it takes more skill to attack at 70%+?

It takes more *time* maybe, to find a decent target, but when it comes down to it you're doing exactly the same thing whether you're looking in the 30-50% range or the 70-100% range, and that is looking for a target that your troops can fairly easily kill/land on.

Will you please point to the part where skill comes in.#

If you're able to get 19 people defending you, you're only really allowed to start complaining about massing once they're sending 20+ people at you.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If you're FTF, why complain about it?

Because it makes the game sh*t. Just because you are playing FTF doesn't mean that getting bashed isn't making the game a little bit tedious for you.

If you are truely FTF, then losing units and land doesn't affect your gameplay.
Been there, done that. The moment you start caring - It's time to go solo or move on up.

Turnip2k

Harvester

Because it makes the game sh*t. Just because you are playing FTF doesn't mean that getting bashed isn't making the game a little bit tedious for you.

Been there, done that. The moment you start caring - It's time to go solo or move on up.

Having no units whenever you log in doesn't affect your gameplay? Damn, I never thought of playing without any units before - thanks for showing me a whole new side to the game.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Having no units whenever you log in doesn't affect your gameplay? Damn, I never thought of playing without any units before - thanks for showing me a whole new side to the game.

It's not new, it's not like nobody has ever been there before. If you don't like it, apply to a better alliance, or play solo with NAPs.

Turnip2k

Harvester

It's not new, it's not like nobody has ever been there before. If you don't like it, apply to a better alliance, or play solo with NAPs.

Or don't play at all - which is what people are doing a fair bit now, hence the playerbase dieing. FTF allies don't work well at all when bashing exists as it does now. Solo tends to get boring, and inactive people won't bother with pnaps. Nothing is solved by your suggestions.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
lol i was gona say the other choice was to not play at all but turnip beat me to it :p
Dax you can say all you like that it's just how the game is played, but lets face it, you're gonna get more people joining the game when people don't play like douches.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
We don't play like douches, we play to win a game, what's so wrong with that?