Age of Empires II

Changer

Head Gardener
Ive downloaded it, and tried to download different versions of DirectX, tried different settings. Nothing works.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
48d04fd7520b7813.jpg

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
w00t. Get autoinvite on for #AoC then :)

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Is it possible to get it working on windows 7? I used to spend HOURS playing this game. Lol.

Age of Mythology too <3

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It runs on windows 7 but you'll probably get a problem with the colours in the game. You can fix that by shutting down windows explorer every time you play

CFalcon

Official Helper
There's an app floating around somewhere on the interwebs that auto-shuts explorer when you start AoC and auto-starts it when you close AoC, which is handy for that. Can't remember where I got it, but it's in my download folder if anyone really wants it.

Also, apparently gameranger does that automatically.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I got that app but it didn't start windows explorer after I closed AoC and game ranger didn't do it either :/

Changer

Head Gardener
Just shut it down manually. Open task manager. When you want to start it again, task manager > New Task > Explorer.

Elevnos

BANNED
If anyone's interested I've made a scenario based on a normal game, but instead it's with heroes instead of normal units. Each civilization has its own basic heroes (Charlemagne, Scythian Scout etc.) apart from Aztecs and mayans which don't get horses. You use your 'Shah' unit (a hero king) to buy things with that are available in different ages with different things built. You can create units at any of the locations on the map. It's also got a regicide-type twist meaning if you lose your Shah then you die :)