Age of Empires II

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
[edit] 26/2/2013

See the following announcement for an update.

--

So - Martin grabbed me today and asks whether I want a game of AoE II.

Me, him and Maxi- fiddle about forever on IRC, trying to connect to each others games.

We then came up with:

http://www.gameranger.com/

-

It's a third party program that basically helps you to connect to other people in order to play online.

Me and Maxi- had it going in minutes and had a pretty lag-free game of AoE! (In which my arsed got kicked, it must be said).

-

Anyway, anyone who has a copy of Age of Empires - and wants to play online with some guys from Bush:

• Download GameRanger from http://www.gameranger.com/
  • After signing up - Post your nickname here so we can add you to our friends list! (Alternatively, find your account number, and post that instead (you can add a friend by their nick, their account number, or e-mail)
  • Important - Please don't update your game past version 1.0c ! !
  • You may need to open port 16000 / UDP - in order for gameranger to work - How?
  • N.b If you want to find out your account number so people can add you by that, you have to "search for user" - then enter your email address.

Bush Users @ GameRanger: (Will update)

DA - 357856
MattM - 357885
Azzer - 358029
Martin - 358030
Hippie - 357989
Maxi- - 357857
Lanky - 358040
JJB - 359516
Markb - 359559
Changer - 359876

Last edited:

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
MattM, 357885

Age of Empires II is a classic. Get the Conqueror's Expansion if you haven't already as well, it's a great addition.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
358029, just signed up so I could have a blast against people. I do suck at games like this online though - I usually like to play with a couple of set 'rules' when playing an RTS online, eg;

* No rushing/no attacking for the first X minutes.
* No building "remote" bases (can only construct buildings in your quarter/half/whatever depending on map size & players of the map).

So that there's time to actually get in to building a cool base, and you only have to focus on one real base/city to build and defend so you get some epic battles in one location, rather than a zillion buildings all over the map and it's just about zerging units to clear the map.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i'm an infrastructure guy. i like to build up my core 'simcity' first :( :(

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't play for the win, I play for the funs (and building pretty "sim-city" bases ;)).

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
UNBEATEN! DA sucks worse than a baby, and MattM tries his bestest ;D

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Pffft. We lost the 2v2 because we foolishly decided to put both kings in DA's base so he could wall it up.

Then we realised he was the Goths :p