Bashing

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sun Tzu said:
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

everyone picks a fight they (think they) can win if there desire is to win. for me personally i love hitting at 66% and over as its +ve honour, and better targets to test on, i can see my whole army in action. but i certainly don't feel its more skillful. more tactical at times....

...for me the main benefit of attacking at that range is i really get to see how well i do in an even fight with my troops against route x,y&z ergo when i come to defend with said routes i know exactly what to balance with what to hurt some one that may wish to attack me. You can gain this from attacking at 30% but normally you do such damage with the first few troops that fire you're never simulating a fight that your amy one day have to defend against, your simulating an undefendable massacre 9 times out of 10.

As for the gripe, fair do's, it is gash sometimes in small alliance getting bashed. It has been said, and last time the moan was 30% not 50% that alone shows me more people are being honourable good times. And I think the system in place now is plenty enough to keep people at least partly honourable. I mean any one not allied with bounty i have seen is generally zeroed and seems to stay that way

CLem

Head Gardener
LOL, it takes more skill to attack at 70%+?

It takes more *time* maybe, to find a decent target, but when it comes down to it you're doing exactly the same thing whether you're looking in the 30-50% range or the 70-100% range, and that is looking for a target that your troops can fairly easily kill/land on.

Will you please point to the part where skill comes in.#

If you're able to get 19 people defending you, you're only really allowed to start complaining about massing once they're sending 20+ people at you.

You can only say that if you assume that everyone has played this game for a decent period of time. If you have already acquire the necessary skills and knowledge then yes attacking at 70%+ is just a matter of time and luck to find the perfect target.

Example: if you ask a new player who is "unskilled" then he/she , no matter how long you give them, will be unlikely to come out on top against someone that is 70%+ of them in comparison to attacking someone that is 40%.

Think I should also clarify that I am not saying if you attack at 70% you are more skilled then someone attacking at 40%, I am saying that if you attack at 70%(well 67% really) and be able to come out on top in most of your BR then it indicates that at least you have the necessary knowledge(which is used in conjunction with skill). On the other hand if you attack at 40% and take significantly less damage than other people that are similarly attacking at 40% of your range (so kind of your kill:death ratio is higher) then it also indicate that you have skills.

Now moving on topic about bashing: It sucks, especially for the 2nd tier alliances as they are the feeding ground. But as everyone has said, it is just a fact that you need to "get over with". It doesn't mean your bashers are unskilled, they need to throw enough bodies to get through defense, noone intend to go into battle and lose. Take it as a complement to your alliance's defense as it means you guys are tough to crack.

Davs

Garden Designer
Dax last time i checked i'm allowed to complain all i want on the gripe forums?

This.

It's a gripe. He's not suggesting a way to stop people attacking smaller targets - he's just annoyed by people crushing those a lot smaller than them when there's no need for them to do so. I often find myself feeling something similar, as do many others - even those "guilty" of it now I'm sure used to complain about it when it happened to them.

Like you've all said, **** happens and there's nothing to do about it but moan. But likewise, moaning is the purpose of this thread - so stop getting pissy at Hiuey, Turnip and Clem for voicing their opinion - but by all means, make you're own.

As much as I like a good gripe thread, I'm getting annoyed by gripes not aimed at anyone in particular getting turned into arguments between a select few people.

PS:

My names Iamsmart, your names Clem.

:(

My name is CLem and your name is very ironic. :)

Made my day.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
^has my vote for prime minister.

well not seriously but still, he talks much sense.
Why is it so hard for some of you people to just let me gripe my gripe? i like venting anger?

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Bashing happens, like in AR Mod

We have limited targets and if we send 1 on 1 we get mass defence, so we have to send 4-5 on 1 tick to land!
...and 19/20 times you still don't land!

I am guessing you dont mean me personally? As i have recalled on around 7 attacks since being in AR Mod! That was only because we got told to.

I dont know what insignificant alliance your in, but im guessing OP? 30k of my acres has come from that alliance...dont think you stop me that much n00bet.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Hmm so 19/20 times we dont land but we stole 88k acres.
Jesus we could of had ~1.6m acres from them alone ! Damn you Iamsmart! :O *Rolls eyes*

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Read webvictims post.
I'm talking about your apparent skills of stopping 1.6m land loss :O
How2bePro iamsmart?

P.s my post is sarcastic and just to mock webvictim

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Hmm so 19/20 times we dont land but we stole 88k acres.
Jesus we could of had ~1.6m acres from them alone ! Damn you Iamsmart! :O *Rolls eyes*

OMGPOP may have lost 88k acres against ARMOD.
But that was with a total different base of players..

A fair few acres was stolen from us during the Resilience / AR MOD period, where we "omgpop" was still recovering form the Resilience backstab...

from those 88k acres maybe 1/3 actually got taken from us when we came back.

Still, doesn't take away it's 88k acres we lost against you lot :(

KISA2

Digger
dunno if thats the definition for bashing or not but griping about the fact most of the playerbase don't know how well to attack or they're too lazy to that they just end up hitting people 50% of them. there really isn't any need people D:

seems to be that in people's minds its the norm to hit that low but surely it'd be better if the norm was that people hit 70%+ (i myself only hit someone ifthey're on my world ranking page or if it's a special alliance attack ill go to around 68% or so)

I think I've been gone ~1-2 years and the same gripe is here, lol!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
dunno if thats the definition for bashing or not but griping about the fact most of the playerbase don't know how well to attack or they're too lazy to that they just end up hitting people 50% of them. there really isn't any need people D:

seems to be that in people's minds its the norm to hit that low but surely it'd be better if the norm was that people hit 70%+ (i myself only hit someone ifthey're on my world ranking page or if it's a special alliance attack ill go to around 68% or so)

I think I've been gone ~1-2 years and the same gripe is here, lol!

It's always been here so long as the game has been going, or at least since I dropped in for the first time a fair few years ago.

dave

Harvester
i think this gripe should just gets its own shiny new section.
every1 complains about being bashed when it happens to them, i sure did, ive seen a million people do it on here.
and the replys are always the same to.
-get a good ally
-get a better nap
-you suck

as gay as bashing is, every1 has probably done it at somepoint and every1 has probably been bashed, its part of the game. we need to drop it. or something, threads like these become boring.

Davs

Garden Designer
i think this gripe should just gets its own shiny new section.
every1 complains about being bashed when it happens to them, i sure did, ive seen a million people do it on here.
and the replys are always the same to.
-get a good ally
-get a better nap
-you suck

as gay as bashing is, every1 has probably done it at somepoint and every1 has probably been bashed, its part of the game. we need to drop it. or something, threads like these become boring.

Whilst I agree with the main bulk of your post, I think your point of "we need to drop it" is a bit off. This section of the forums exists for the purpose of allowing people to vent off a bit of steam as a result of something ingame annoying them. It wasn't made to be interesting, it was made because Hiuey was annoyed.