wheres azzer gone?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i havent seen azzer on the forums recently. or in irc. i could be mistiming. but there is lots that could do with a fix
and lots of good easy to impliment suggestions
also people suggesting new things to improve how things work. like bring back base bounty. etc. and ways to reduce bashing
but until azzer gets the system working you cant say its not good enough

hell i was about to suggest increased eta further on outgoing mobs eta. +3 and +2 a slight upgrade. but with the lower land and lower injury return rates which should be implimented it would just be overkill

your not meant to stop people doing dishonourable attacks. just reduce the want or need for them too. if you wanted to stop it just change the attack range like they azzer did from 17.5%-30%.

surely people should be able to attack however they like. but be rewarded for being fair. and penalized for being unfair.

imo it should follow a it like this when attacking:

15% land at 70% targ.value . . . . . . .eta+0..........50% injury return
10% land at 35-40% targ.value. . . . .eta+1..........40% injury return
7.5% land bellow 35%targ.value. . .. . eta+2..........30% injurie return

if you look at this two people could attack you unlawfully. and would loose more men and get less land.
if in an allaince they could attack you twice at 30% and get as much land as one person attacking at 70%

surely this puts people off enough. the problem isnt the idea. its the reality. ITS NOT FIXED RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

so wait to see what the game is like once its working properly. the only major problem i see as the game stands assuming these problems were fixed is the vampire's victim injuries issue. they convert few, and kill lots. sure this was what it was like last round. people use to die. use to get bashed. but the point is now the injury sytem is meant to be in place especially for solo's.

i'd be pissed if i got a raping by vamps. and had purchased blueprint etc. it is unfair. not imbalanced. unfair. as it stands. the routes balance okish. we will see more once we have a few rounds exp free. but we need to fix all these other things

then just maybe there will be time. for very good suggestion that just sink to the bottom of the pile in the torrent of suggestions. that are trying to fix what isnt finished.

(ps IMO-now you cant flame me for being factually inaccurate:p)

Darryl

Head Gardener
Re: wheres azzer gone?

He was last on IRC and the forums (posting, at least) about a week ago. It's quite possible that he's been reading, and just notye posting during this time. He's probably just busy coding the upcoming updates to complete Age 4.5, or just has RL issues, Azzer does't need to be here every day for the wheels to keep turning. He's said on several occasions that he reads each and every suggestion topic, so I'm not sure what more you'd like.

I'm really not sure what most of your post has to do with the title, however... :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i started off going to say azzer needs to change stuff. and get it back working. but i just couldnt be bothered to gripe about it when i have work im meant to do and have done and havent done so i just changed to griping at people complaining about changes b4 they have been fully implimented. i think i just wanted to make another topic who knows.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

willymchilybily said:
surely people should be able to attack however they like. but be rewarded for being fair. and penalized for being unfair.

imo it should follow a it like this when attacking:

15% land at 70% targ.value . . . . . . .eta+0..........50% injury return
10% land at 35-40% targ.value. . . . .eta+1..........40% injury return
7.5% land bellow 35%targ.value. . .. . eta+2..........30% injurie return

if you look at this two people could attack you unlawfully. and would loose more men and get less land.
if in an allaince they could attack you twice at 30% and get as much land as one person attacking at 70%

surely this puts people off enough.

We've tried L/F, it sucked, it blew, it was messed up, and couldn't get fixed over successive rounds so I have no desire to see 'fairness' return to the game via that route. Sorry.

As far as I can see it, what happens if you send to a target between 40% and 70%? aarently, somewhere between 10-15%. That's ridiculous, under 40% i *might* be willing to see a land steal cap decrease, but above that? hell no. 40% is the established minimum, i see no need to raise that.

Land caps should be implemented (imo) for bashes, not for deliberately launched attacks at the minimum range.[/quote]

willymchilybily said:
but i just couldnt be bothered to gripe about it when i have work im meant to do and have done and havent done

Hypocrite!!! I'm sure azzer has work to do, and quite honestly, I figue he's the most assiduous reader of the bushtarion forums. Just because he hasn't posted/responded/altered the game doesn't mean he isn't paying attention, i've made that mistake before and been mistaken. :p So have patience young grasshopper, your time will come :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

ps i couldnt remembered any figures at the time. so i just wrote out the principle. i didnt wish to alter any limits or infact alter anything. i merely meant that with the land cap in place as proposed surely all the effects combine will be condusive of fair play. longer eta less land lower return rates.

i was just showing all the advantages of attacking honourably once the new system IS working.
it was a gripe that it wasn't done yet. and i admitted to it being hypocritical. thats why i didnt whine :p

anyway im sure next round everything will be all ready implimented and working dandy. and then people should moan about the system. until then they cn really only moan that its taking to long. not that its not working(exception being vampires.. convert;kill;injuries etc=gash)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Azzer probably has some personal life things (yes even he has a life outside bushtarion) so I'm sure he will get back to being on all the time like a robot when he has dealt with things.
Class it as one of his first sick days in like 2 years lol

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

Azzer is not atall well at the current moment.. he needs lots of rest.
I'm sure he will be back to speak to you all again take on your suggestions again as soon as he can.

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Messages From Admin:
Azzer: aka me. I just want everyone to know that I have been having some serious personal/health issues again lately and so haven't been around much or able to work on part 2 of Age 4.5 much. Things are looking up and I'm spending more hours awake than asleep now, but for the time being I'd like to ask that people really try to avoid mailing ID 1 for anything except absolutely essential stuff (though if it's also time critical try and get somebody to contact me by MSN). Instead please make every effort to use the in-game helper system, IRC, and the forums. I'll be alive and kicking again before you know it, and thanks those of you who knew about my issues for the get-well stuff, it's been really appreciated (and does actually help!). Be good, my little Bushies!