what makes an attack dishonourable

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
dishonourable attacking:

Ive had some one give me an earful because i attacked them as a puppet at 30% range. and its dishonourable and disgusting and i make them sick and im everything wrong with the game. The irony is he was solo. SO i decided to explain this to all those that might go on the forum and arent completely short on braincells. Attacking some one that is solo at 30% is not horrible or wretched or dishonourable. as such. if they are solo. this is because the amount of troops that can be sent at them is based on there AR. let me explain further

if some one is 70% of me im around 143% of them.

if some one has no visible news (577ticks) thier AR is 21% approx.

at this level of ar (the maximum a player can be 100% certain some one has without spying regularly or previously the target) you can send....

100-21 = 79 .......0.79*1.45 = 1.1455 times thier score.

some one attacking at 70% range being 1.43 x thier targets size, sending 1.1455x thier targets score. then what they are sending is.....

1.1455/1.43 = 80% of thier score. if you ignore the £150-200billion score you get from fully teching that means any one with 20% land fat or less can send at you enough units to not trigger, and kill you perfectly honourably at thier 70% range.

so the point i'm trying to make is when you attack a solo the size you are compared to them does not limit the amount of troops you can send. (assuming <20% land fat and >21% AR) the limit is entirely based on thier AR. so my attack was equal to that of which some one attacking the same target at thier 70% range. for sake of argument the limit is virtually entirely for the allies as its not like at 70% range you attack a solo but dont have enough troops to send and thats how the battle is made even because you dont have enough men to kill them cleanly...it simply isnt the case.

the fact that the system for H/F judges the score difference between the targets as a very rough approximation of honour has no bearing really when you attack solos and how devistating or mean or dishonourable your attack is. the game counts it as dishonourable but there is no difference in terms of the size of the army sent. and although it allows you to send more mobs out the game counters this affect with eta mods to keep it equally encouraging to attack at the low ranges or higher ranges.

so to those people that think bashing means attacking at 30% range. and send message out to thier agressors like this one :

muppet said:
me said:
muppet said:
You are lucky that Azzer didn't take my suggestion rounds to make Jack the Lad tied to honorable play -- something like you would never have had a chance.

im actually after the bush tyrant profile award too im not quite as dishonourable as lordnikon. so im second to it... hence the overly dishonourable play. Im sorry for attacking you but at least it was limited by your AR :)

im just after the stats and profile awards. i think puppets is kind of a given that you have to be pretty dishonourable if you are tryin to bribe one of every unit as well for compulsive collector. or you have to be low down. because any target with a unit u need is a viable target... and yeah attacking at like 30% gives you so many more targets. at 60% id only ever hit poms and if the odd person had pure sorcs/golems/petrol bombers. i might try it. or attack with allie mates.

anyway being not in the top 50 i hope you didnt mind to much about the attack now the rounds ending. :)

best of luck for next round
`I think it was an absolutely filthy thing to do right at the round end, considering it is the fifth time this rounsd you specifically targeted me. Creatures like you are what has killed this once great game -- you disgust me.

I say please just learn to understand the game a bit better and try allied play to fully understand what bashing really is.

i thought id put it in discussion to see if other people think actually when you attack solos the attack range is almost unimportant and really doesnt affect the honourability of the attack even if the simple h/f system uses the same yard stick. because the amount of troops that can be sent has already been limited from the AR.

Or am i wrong and yes although the same army and same mob could be sent by someone hitting 70% as by some one hitting 30% range on the same solo, the act of doing it is somehow dishonourable and i'm just not seeing it?

Last edited:

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lets say you have a 1000 chocolate cookies and someone else has one chocolate cookie.

you say okay, ill throw one chocolate cookie in the trash so you'll have to throw one out to..

result: you still have 999 chocolate cookies and he/she has none.

in short: you're a meanie :D

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
You disgust me willy, how dare you attack some one at round end in a war game, how very dare you.

CFalcon

Official Helper
The idea of honour being judged by relative score percent is inadequate though. I would say a robo attacking an SO at 30% is less honourable than a puppet hitting the same player.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Bah, why attack so low? Only attacked peeps at 70% or more of my value all round. (With a few exceptions when we decided to grap 8 spot, when I hit a few in Deception which were around 60% but then I felt dirty if they didn't get defense...)

I mean its not exactly rocket science to calculate an attack to be honorable...

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
We are not talking about how to gain "honor" we are talking about what would be constituted as a fair fight and what is just bashing.

You won't see puppets hitting at 70% and coming out on top regularly..

On the same note, an SA attacking an RPG at 70% isn't a fair fight either..

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This conversation deeply irritates me every time it crops up. Everybody will judge 'dishonourable' differently; So basically, if you're in range - It's a legitimate attack. Stop moaning and roll on is the message.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my point was simple. the limit/cap on the troops that can be sent was based on his AR as this limit cut off the amount of troops i could attack with well before I run out of troops to send. and this holds true when i attack at 70% generally. i cant physically send my whole army at 70% on some one with 21% ar or more. 99% of the time ill have more value of troops than i can send. so the idea of i hit him at 30% So i must be ruining this game is stupid and if some one hit him at 70% he wouldnt have moaned is silly.

anyway im just saying i wasnt trying to argue that i should gain h/f for hitting solos or that an rpg on a robo at 70% should lose h/f all im saying as in terms of is the fight physically fair what i can send at him. its no different to what someone at 70% could send at him so he shouldnt give me **** as a solo because of the range at which i attack. and if he had any sense in his brain he could have calculated it like i did.

the argument that i lost a smaller % of my troops is probably true. but like i said before, eta +2, land cap, bounty cap, im paying the price for that in otherways. smaller losses for smaller gains.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
This conversation deeply irritates me every time it crops up. Everybody will judge 'dishonourable' differently; So basically, if you're in range - It's a legitimate attack. Stop moaning and roll on is the message.

I agree, perhaps we should drop the cap back down to what it was 30+ rounds ago and see
How people fare.. Give them something to really complain about.

Max

Garden Designer
I agree that when hitting solos, the size of the enemy is irrelevant to the army.

However, this argument does not hold against allied players :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
We are not talking about how to gain "honor" we are talking about what would be constituted as a fair fight and what is just bashing.

You won't see puppets hitting at 70% and coming out on top regularly..

On the same note, an SA attacking an RPG at 70% isn't a fair fight either..

I wasn't talking about "honour" I was commenting on what would be a fair fight. granted, if you attack you counter-route, maybe 50% is "fair". (i.e. a robo hitting a striker, a SA hitting a Vamp etc.)

But I don't really get the whole "let me find an easy target" mentality some players have.

If you just want land, there is always plenty of undefended (or pre-killed) targets available, even when you're ranked in the double digits. If you want to fight to prove you're skilled, fight someone your own size. Sending a massive LET-mob to kill and land on someone a third of your own size seems pointless to me, if you could just as easily just flak your way to the same amount of acres.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Nobody in their right mind seeks a fair fight. If you claim to, you're a liar.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

It's more fun attacking people your own size than hitting at 30% though. I mean, when you're hitting at 30% it hardly matters what route you are or what route they are. It doesn't take any knowledge / intelligence / effort / skill to do that. And I think you're a bit militant about the whole "nobody seeks fair fights" thing which I've seen you post in several threads. I understand your point that nobody goes into a fight seeking even damage, but that doesn't mean 1 vs 1 hitting at 100% isn't fair. It's about as fair as you're ever going to get, so stop being pedantic.

CFalcon

Official Helper

It's more fun attacking people your own size than hitting at 30% though. I mean, when you're hitting at 30% it hardly matters what route you are or what route they are. It doesn't take any knowledge / intelligence / effort / skill to do that. And I think you're a bit militant about the whole "nobody seeks fair fights" thing which I've seen you post in several threads. I understand your point that nobody goes into a fight seeking even damage, but that doesn't mean 1 vs 1 hitting at 100% isn't fair. It's about as fair as you're ever going to get, so stop being pedantic.

To be "fair", I've only made that point in one thread besides this, both of which are threads on the subject of 'fair attacks', neither started by me.

I'll concede that it isn't quite as simple as "there's no such thing as a fair attack", however I do have to lean heavily towards that view in my posts to try and wean people off the childish black and white view of <70% = zomgwtfbashing and >70% = AWESOMEGODLY

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Last round: H&F portal: #7 7457 Your Assigned Training Instructor Noble Lead Balloon Enrico 25,352.51

High as I got due to work and being an inactive sloberknocker on easter holiday.

Of course I wanted a fair fight, more fame, more bounty, less chance of grabbing land I didn't want/need, plenty of dead so I could rotate through the ranks... (I would generally make sure I died in battle at least once a week, since there are less hassle finding good targets around rank 200 than 100...)

Now I think you should apologize for calling me a liar dear sir. :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
But when your playing to compete, suiciding and staying low all the time is unfair to your alliance, they have to defend you, and if you hardly have troops, you can't help on defense..
Doing it sometimes is okay, regularly is selfish..

CFalcon

Official Helper

Last round: H&F portal: #7 7457 Your Assigned Training Instructor Noble Lead Balloon Enrico 25,352.51

High as I got due to work and being an inactive sloberknocker on easter holiday.

Of course I wanted a fair fight, more fame, more bounty, less chance of grabbing land I didn't want/need, plenty of dead so I could rotate through the ranks... (I would generally make sure I died in battle at least once a week, since there are less hassle finding good targets around rank 200 than 100...)

Now I think you should apologize for calling me a liar dear sir. :)

Nope. You're missing the point. You got high h/f becuase you attacked above 70%. I'm saying that isn't a good indicator of fairness.