What are your hints & tips for playing bushtarion

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
At the moment this forum is full of the same old rubbish so I thought it would be good if people just posted what their tips for the top etc. are, then new and old people can look and take these tips onboard hopefully...

I'll start a few I do:
1) Remember in general you need 10 yobs to stop 1 geo... use this to your advantage for attacking and defending, - you won't need to flak all the units just get enough geos to get past the yobs ;)

2) I often look for people with ridiculous names because in general they normally have ridiculously stupid staff :p

Anyways enjoy :!:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: What are your hints & tips for playing bushtarion

Enjoy playing against the human behind the numbers, psichological part of the game is much more fun than whatever writes on overview, how big grab you make and so on. I think many look at their BR's as they played a single player game .. a campaign mission and compare their rate of success with others. I always enjoyed much more to find weak spots of the enemy, hunt the player down, use his frustrations as a human beeing. Put yourself in his shoes and show him what you want him to see :p

antisback

Head Gardener

Flak whore and tech quickly

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Rape everyone as low on your range as possible.
Never attack against someone whom can fight back.
Kill, rape, wave, bash.
Abuse all loopholes in bushtarion code.
Cheat.

Yeah i think thats it sounds like average top player to me.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Simple... be at your computer 24/7...
And for those times while you sleep, make sure you're in an alliance that can wake you up in the middle of the night when under attack.

That's if you want to be a successful Rank 1 alliance anyway :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Don't be afraid to lose staff... so you lost half your flak... you just gained 800 acres...

Oh no that incomming will surely win overall... but i'm going to give it a hard first tick... oh crap did you see that damage? he recalled, even tho i have no staff left?

intimidation works. even if you appear to be on the losing side.

yoyo

Planter

advice from the idiot [ME!]

----- land is easy to get, do not fret about losing land. it happens :)-----

Solo if a bot attacks you, send an attack [gard/harv/geos/wheelies] back while the bot is still attacking you. more often than not, you will gain more land than the bot took or you will stop the bot land grab and also get land from them. bots tend to send some, if not all, of their blockers with them, so you have a better than average chance of landing some land.

Alliance: always defend when online period, no excusses

General last ticking attackers [running your troops at attacking for 3 and recalling them at attacking for 2] while solo helps you survive an otherwise painfull defense against range lethals.

you can sometimes blow through riot police and stiil get land.

Spying your target is your best friend.

will put some more up when i have more time..

Illumination

Head Gardener

If playing in an alliance, have yoyo on your team\O/ You'll never lose any of those acres he says not to worry about.

Seriously, when in an alliance....ALWAYS defend. If you have enough numbers defending, the incoming almost always recalls...even if its just flak...make it match your number of lethals and the defense chickens out and runs! (Unless you have Melnibone on your alliance and he is running a "No-Spy" attack...then he kills your flak and laughs at the blood spilled;)...some people are soooo inspiring to play with!!!)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

most people know you can attack a bot (b4 it techs lethals) with 200k -300k lethals such as officers and ninjas and it will run. allowing you to flack past easily with only 100k gardeners and 20k geos for example

but you can also get a friend to follow on the tick after you send as the bot will not recall until the attackign for 1 tick

this means you can send 200k lethals, 100k gardenerss and 20k geos, too as many atrgets as you like (up to 5 obv) and your friend can go straight after and also get the benefit of you scaring away the bot

so if lets say your friend is an allaince memeber who was late starting or is going something like pa's where it takes longer for him to get to lethals then he can effectively piggie your lethals to make benefit of the same "scare the bot" technique.

also if you only just get lethals and dont have enough to attack 4/5 targets or need to leave some lethals home to defend, then if you attack one bot with 300k lethals and your mate does the same , the next tick you can follow on eachothers attacks with minimum flack and reap the rewards.

this is the most cost effective way to bot bash. scare them off and have a allaince member follow on.
works well early on when saving for techs, and when you dont have enough lethals to send 300k of them to 4 different bots. share the burden and reap the rewards of this little loop hole. enjoy

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:
Rape everyone as low on your range as possible.
Never attack against someone whom can fight back.
Kill, rape, wave, bash.
Abuse all loopholes in bushtarion code.
Cheat.

Yeah i think thats it sounds like average top player to me.

and a good thread is tarnished! ha!

-> Never be affraid to ask for help, ive been playing for 13/14 rounds and im still a n00b! There will always be people better than you.

-> Never underestimate the power of words...lol, simply you can often win a battle before it even takes place purely by convincing the defender/attacker you are going to "own" them...

-> Dont be a dick...its a game...dont get stressed, dont shout and swear at people...some of the best laughs ive had in this game is with people that are about to/just have raped me into the ground...

-> Dont become bitter in your old age... ;)

-> Homo-erotic comments can make anything better!

CLem

Head Gardener

During flak wars till times when spies are not out yet, when you can't defend yourself, send a simple "hi" message to your attacker and 50:50 chance that they will recall :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

pinpower said:
-> Homo-erotic comments can make anything better!

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to know more!

f0xx

Landscape Designer

- before gurus come out: mass flak

- after gurus come out: mass wheelies

- get your intel techies as fast as possible

-try not to lose flak for as long as possible, a good attacker is NOT the one that steals large ammounts of land but the one that doesn't lose (much) flak when he is hoarding acres

-after lethal units are out solo SO players and Robot players become the best targets

-remember that the best revenge is success

-the longer a kill revenge takes the worse your enemy will feel

-never forget the people that have screwed you in the past

-PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR ACTIONS MORE THAN YOUR ACRE COUNT AND SCORE

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Removed spam posts - please stay on topic and don't undermine Cheese's attempt at a perfectly good thread. ;)

Best hint or advice I can give you - get to know people. Find 'friends'. Hang out on IRC. Keep in touch with people. It improves the fun of the game a LOT, and I know for a fact that a lot of 'old' players wouldn't be here anymore without that dimension. It's much more fun to hang out with a group of friends in an alliance that has a 'correct' rank, than slumber around in the grey and dull area of rank 1 on your own. However, if you can combine the two, I wish you good luck! :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

Never take the game too seriously.

Never take yourself too seriously.

Don't let other people tell you how you should play the game play for your own enjoyment

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Alliance Leader Tips

My own tips ...

* Know your members inside out.
* Don't recruit based on someones score. Recruit to build a team that works.
* Leader speeches and updates EVERY DAY!
* If you are going to lead alliance - make sure your pc is next to your pillow.
* Never give up.

And finally and most importantly

* Get your members to have faith in your decisions. Trust me - once you have this, you have cracked it.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

f0xx said:
- before gurus come out: mass flak

- after gurus come out: mass wheelies

- get your intel techies as fast as possible

-try not to lose flak for as long as possible, a good attacker is NOT the one that steals large ammounts of land but the one that doesn't lose (much) flak when he is hoarding acres

-after lethal units are out solo SO players and Robot players become the best targets

-remember that the best revenge is success

-the longer a kill revenge takes the worse your enemy will feel

-never forget the people that have screwed you in the past

:winner:

CountZepplin

Pruner

Twigley said:
Alliance Leader Tips
One more thing - don't give orders you know can't or won't be followed. Undermines confidence :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

f0xx said:

I like those 2 most :D