• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Two units for the Thug Route

NightNinja

Harvester
Every other route has options at the end and Thug even shares one of them with Protester. How about Mob Goons. And Mob Bosses? Mob Goons research could be called Concrete Shoes and Neck Ties. And Mob Bosses could be called Tommy Guns and Limos. the bosses ofcourse would be the pay unit. It would give ppl an alternative to having just terrors. Maybe put them at the end of the petrol side or even the arsonist side. Tell me what you think of this suggestion.

Last edited:

NightNinja

Harvester
hmm

hmm

well I'd say make the goons like 4 and 2 or something to that extent target Lets and NLT since I don't believe they have anything that does so and does maybe 2 an 2 in damage with a half way decent Init. Bosses ofcourse would have better stats since they would be the pay unit. Say 3 health 4 armour. Target Lets, and NLD then all r something like that. have em do like 2 health and and 4 armor for damage. And fire quicker than cyberwarriors. IDK its mostly a rough draft you know? To be honest I hadn't really thought about what stats they'd have i just want to see the thugs get a boost considering it's one of the oldest routes its been around since round 1 with miltary, and protester. So I just figured I'd make a suggestion for them..hadn't realy thought out the detials

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
The fact that it has been around for so long without being changed means something NightNinja and it is that the route is quite well balanced.

You want to change a perfectly balanced route just for the sake of changing and adding some new names (units) without considering their purpose or stats.

You say it is a rough draft when all you threw here are two names. For a player that has played round 1 (since that is what you seem to be trying to say) you should know better than to post such suggestions.

Madmeater

Harvester
I like the unit names though. They seem to fit better in the Thug route better than terrorists, which seem more at home in the protester route when looking at the previous units (Bikers, Petrol bombers, hooligans, arsonists).

Obviously nothing will be changed as the whole route will be ruined but I like the names.

Maybe just change the names :p

Name: Mobster [£28,000]
Unit Type: Living
Unit Class: LET
Attack type: Kills [all]
Targets: INN / LET
Stats: ** / * / ** / *
ETA: 4
Initiative: 240
Route(s): Thug
Description: Hanging around the local jazz club in their expensive suits, these brutes terrorise the locals for 'protection' money. If you see these guys coming, you may end up sleeping with the fishes, capiche?

Name: Hitman [£40,000]
Unit Type: Living
Unit Class: LET
Attack type: Kills [r/m]
Targets: LET / INN
Stats: *** / ** / ** / ***
ETA: 4 {reveal eta 2}
Initiative: 360
Stealth.
Route(s): Thug
Description: You'll never see them coming... These guys hide their guns inside violin cases and wait until the last minute to spray the room with lead, laying waste to every man, woman and child that happens to get in the way of their target.

Just to make the original idea a bit more structured, and as you can see, there are no actual changes to the unit itself. Thoughts?

NightNinja

Harvester
dude

dude

so making suggestions to help improve a route is bad. Ok whatever dude. At least someone saw that I was just throwing out an idea you don't have to be assholes about it. I like mad meaters take on it i personally think that looks good.

But hey who I am? And has anyone ever the saying if you don't have anything nice to say stfu? There is no need for personal attacks...somebody needs to get a life.

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
so making suggestions to help improve a route is bad. Ok whatever dude. At least someone saw that I was just throwing out an idea you don't have to be assholes about it.
And how exactly does your suggestion improve the route, dude?

NightNinja

Harvester
and the main is that you have two units in that share two routes. at least change the ****ing names.

Madmeater

Harvester
okok, both of you need to relax.
All that NN was doing was trying to make a suggesion. Instead of ripping his throat out for it, can't you, as a veteran player who (I'm going out on a limb here) WANTS people to play this game, should just say "Hey, I don't agree with the idea, Here's why it won't work."
er
I really love this game but it does have one of the best and worst playerbases I've ever encountered.

People being elitist like this is the cancer killing bushtarion.

Now if you'd excuse me, it's my turn at Kerplunk! :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Calm down people! :) The forums aren't a place for ego grudge matches :p

New units/routes etc., with the nature of the setups of all the routes and units atm (especially with the overhaul this round, that will itself need a bit of tweaking as we go along), do need more than a name atm - in fact it's got to the stage where a "purpose", and design/nature of a unit, or route, has become more important than the name.

Things like solo, alliance, range, close, stunning, disabling, armour or health based, kills armour or kills health, support route or main route, defensive, offensive, good for stealing land, etc. etc. - just some vague things that thinking about for a while (and considering everything else in the game and whether they cover those things well enough), along with ensuring all units have a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on... that affect whether or not there is room for a new unit/route etc.

That being said, I do agree that there are three areas that could allow for unit expansion, if only the design/concept could come in to play (the names are not important):

* The thugs could do with another P-Unit at the end.
* Violent Demonstrator route might be better if it had it's own dedicated final 2 units, not stealing the thug ones - although with that route I was making a vague sort of pass at the fact that both violent thuggish types, and people who have valid opinions but take protesting too far, can both end up as terrorists, which I kind of like the idea of. Maybe if the thugs had their own, exclusive final two units, the sharing of the terrorists and TL's wouldn't be so bad.
* Fantasy route allows for space for a whole new sub-route, if we came up with enough ideas/a good enough concept to warrant the addition of a new sub-route. At the moment, purely on names, my favourite idea of a 3rd fantasy sub-route is on the idea of aliens of some kind.

NightNinja

Harvester
sorry azzer

sorry azzer

I had just come up with the name you know. It is still kinda of a work in progress. I didn't want to over step my bounds by trying to tell you what the unit should do to a T I figured i'd make the suggestion of a name and maybe you could come with something. The thug routes lacks armor damage though, so maybe these could be more effective against armor units so the thugs actually have a side that can do something against robos.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ah but it gets complicated. It's not simply a case of saying "the thug route lacks armour damage" - the thug route's been designed the way it has to have the right level of strengths/weaknesses, with other routes filling other roles. You can't simply pick a route, pick out it's weaknesses, and try and get them all topped up - as it'd then just be an uber route/unit with no downsides, and thus over-powered!

As you can imagine, inventing new units/routes can be complicated, and difficult, without a lot of experience with all (!) of the other units and routes in the game and how they all fit in together! :D

Just making this and the last post really as a bit of general information for anyone that wants to work on unit/route ideas - hopefully get people thinking a bit more on what needs thinking about for new units/routes, or suggestions on altering current units - so this isn't all aimed specifically just at you, NightNinja, but anyone in general regarding units/balancing :p

[Thinking]

Pruner
I like the idea of another unit in the thug route, but I personally wouldn't like it to do armour dmg.