That's about right...

I believe Redlion was putting out general ideas to help bring it back to life.

I for one refuse to go with this "the game is dead, why try" attitude. I still think it could be something awesome again if Azzer could ever be convinced to come back and put forth the work.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
no updates for 3 years? the game is dead. that is the point.

it could be something again, maybe. but until such time as azzer puts his mind to build it into something again, it is dead/dying/not thriving.

not willing to face facts does not change this at all. maybe we believe in the same thing but your terminology is wrong.

Steve_God

Official Helper
For me the 'Game' itself isn't dead...
The 'Management of the game' is.

All it needs to carry on in it's current form is a moderator with admin permissions (or Azzer) to pop in once a month, check for multis, and disappear again.

Yes... there are a raft of changes that would be nice, a few small tweaks here and there, maybe lets talk radical about new routes/alliance warring options... but as the game is right now, it still works.
The only totally 'broken/dead' aspect is the lack of monitoring, and the resulting multis that abuse it.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I'd like to see a Facebook tie in. Some rebranding is in order. Market the game like farmville and he'd have a goldmine. Alliances of not farms, but armies? Sweet. I'd like that, if I used Facebook.

Change the game up from round to round. Introduce a unit or two with a new ability for one round only. Play a full length (or half length) free-to-play CTF in W2. Perhaps introduce some sort of story or plot line to explain the new units/developments. Advance the game ffs. With an active GM, this could be a helluva game.

The Facebook thing has been discussed years ago. And it sounded like a good idea, but Azzer didn't have the ability iirc.

We've discussed phone versions, and with all the smart phones, an app would be more appropriate. All these are things which would make the game more accessible. This with advertising would see a bigger base. I think this game is actually really well suited to a mobile platform given it's simple layout, low data requirements, relatively long refresh times and lack of graphics. I still see much potential for this game, even more than it's glory days, but it needs a bit of investment for this to happen. Which at this point I don't see happening.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
For me the 'Game' itself isn't dead...
The 'Management of the game' is.

All it needs to carry on in it's current form is a moderator with admin permissions (or Azzer) to pop in once a month, check for multis, and disappear again.

Yes... there are a raft of changes that would be nice, a few small tweaks here and there, maybe lets talk radical about new routes/alliance warring options... but as the game is right now, it still works.
The only totally 'broken/dead' aspect is the lack of monitoring, and the resulting multis that abuse it.

Pretty much summed it up for me, it wouldn't hurt for Azzer to give somebody else trusted enough to be given control over what happens in-game, not FULL control, but enough to control those that are abusing multies and what not.
It wouldn't hurt for him to pop in once on say a Sunday, take ten minutes out of his day, check for what's been happening then piss off for another week.

I fail be believe he doesn't have some sort of system in place which would flag up multie or suspicious accounts, he can't seriously have to sit there looking through the databases to spot things.