Solo Play

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think robotics is a weak solo route. Just because they get killed by strikers, RPGs and harriers does not make them a poor choice for solos. PA might be the weakest of the three branches, but shields and nanos aren't bad at all. Nanos are, imo, one of the strongest solo routes. You've got SDs and stuns, good health flak, good old tank CWs, and ofc the awesome HD of TDs. There are a variety of tactics you can use when playing nanos solo, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages, but they are all viable. All routes are hard to play solo if you're a new player. That's just obvious.

All routes have their weaknesses. SAs get killed by robos and rangers so zomg don't go solo SA. Robos get killed by military routes, yes, but set yourself up properly and you can be difficult to kill while still being able to attack effectively. And when you've got SDs, CWs and TDs (not to mention stuns if you go nanos) you're hardly ever going to get landed on.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think robotics is a weak solo route. Just because they get killed by strikers, RPGs and harriers does not make them a poor choice for solos. PA might be the weakest of the three branches, but shields and nanos aren't bad at all. Nanos are, imo, one of the strongest solo routes. You've got SDs and stuns, good health flak, good old tank CWs, and ofc the awesome HD of TDs. There are a variety of tactics you can use when playing nanos solo, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages, but they are all viable. All routes are hard to play solo if you're a new player. That's just obvious.

All routes have their weaknesses. SAs get killed by robos and rangers so zomg don't go solo SA. Robos get killed by military routes, yes, but set yourself up properly and you can be difficult to kill while still being able to attack effectively. And when you've got SDs, CWs and TDs (not to mention stuns if you go nanos) you're hardly ever going to get landed on.

Some recognition for other Robo routes besides PA. Huzzah.
But Tob is right - Nano would be the route I advise to a newer player if you fancied taking a shot at robotics.

Zaheen

BANNED
Robotics is my favourite route, but I'd have to say Nanobots are the weakest of the 3 in my opinion and that's after playing with them for almost a full round - most fun though.

After I was TL rushed I did buy 100M Small Droids and a few mil Stunbots and nobody could flak me, but that's not fun...

Shields/Cyborg Gardies are just OP - and the best choice for solo play I think.

Zaheen

BANNED
Nanobots are most fun though, and PA are most useful...

All good, but all a liability with todays climate ;p