• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Scrap Bots / Gargantua Rework

Turnip2k

Harvester
Is anyone else out there using scrap bots this round? There are a few things that have become apparent recently to me:

1) The damage bonus some units get against gargantua should be removed totally. These things are stupidly tricky and expensive to bribe - the last thing that is warranted is to have them killed twice as easily by some units.

2) Increace the cost of the scrapbot tech cost significantly, but increace their conversion ability. Either let them make somthing out of fleshy targets or increace their armour damage and / or conversion rate. The conversion rate for these things should be set to 100% if they are only allowed to convert machine - the only armour that you are going to be able to convert from a fully teched route are jeeps and gargoyles. Gargoyles are VERY hard to keep alive whilst making sure all the health around them dies so you get a decent armour hit last tick. Jeeps are easier, but because the AD and conversion rate of the scrap bots is quite limited, the ability to convert stuff is stupidly low. Possibly change their targeting to LET / NLD so it gives you somthing back for being hit by mass hippy vans?

In order to get any amount of gargantua, it costs you roughly 10x the amount of units lost on a typical thug hit (depending on scrap ratios). In defense, you will have to sacrfice ALL your scraps to get any bribes back - since mil armour is always flakked by lots of health the rates are dire. The health bonus against strikers doesn't actually do much unless all the enemies die right after the strikers fire because once they do fire, the scrap bots are just left with their health and NO armour. The slightest bit of health damage will take out the whole lot.

I understand that gargantua are meant to be just a little 'bonus' that come with scraps, but scrap bots themselves are only useful when you are online to last tick a defense. Any half intelligent attacker wont dive head first into a mass scrap bot last tick so will just wait for you to be offline and zero you then. They are good for last ticking ally incoming, but only when you have large numbers of them - and for 50k, you can spend your money better elsewhere. Trex are far better at last ticking in this sense.

Gargantua should be significantly better than trex simply because you can't buy them at will - they are a challenge to get in reasonable numbers, as it stands there isn't enough of a difference to justify them.

kyx

Harvester
Re: Scrap Bots / Gargantua Rework

I dunno... I think the robotics route is already strong enough without scraps and gargantuas, and scrap bots and gargantuas are probably just a for fun type of unit.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

It's a strong route but has gaping weaknesses, with and without the p-units. The p-units make it stronger, but don't go too far in addressing their gaping weaknesses.

Saints

Harvester

tottaly 100% agree agree

gargs should be stealth also 100% serious

kyx

Harvester

Every route has their gaping weaknesses, there is no "prefect" route. Robotics is already a very strong attacking route, P-unit or not.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

How can you guys say that a route which can be completely killed by 2 other routes without even firing is "VERY strong"? Gosh wake up and start using your heads for something else than just a decoration...

If you say that the robotics route has the most useless/not worth buying P-units ever, then I agree, but saying it is a "VERY strong route" makes you look funny... :lol:

Turnip2k

Harvester

Foxx is right in that robos always have 2 routes which can zero them without giving them even a chance to return fire.
Shields / CS can be killed by all 3 mil routes without even firing :/ Fun! I don't think any other route in the game has this problem is a reasonably balanced fight.

T-rex are simply there to increace the threat of last tick defense and to stop prots last ticking all your attacks without suffering hardly any damage. Scrap bots dont really add anything to attack, and in defense they only are useful if you are online to last tick. Even if you can last tick, the scraps don't do much damage and convert practically nothing due to the fact all armour incomngs are flakked by a fair bit of health (even if they hit pure armour, conversion rates would be poor). People need to have a reason to buy scrap bots as a punit, and tbh there really isn't a good motivation to do so right now.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Last round I went on a mission to get 1m Gargantuas - and that was quite fun. Unfortunately, the round ended before I knew it, so I did not get the chance to try it out on a random thug :(

Anyway, Turnip is right that something should be done. This unit is so hard to gain that the bonuses all the flying units have against it is just laughable. I can see the logic, but as Welshie so ingeniously put it "How often do you see a Robotic T-Rex walk down the street?". The only way to justify such bonuses is to either increase its power, or increase the power of Scrap Bots. It's not really the Gargantua power that's the main problem (although I'd like to see it increased by some 10%) - the problem lies in acquiring them.

Make the scrap bot convert 100% of the vehicles it kills.

Increase it's price and efficiency? Right now it's actually a quite decent flak. But you either got shields or PA, so it's not like your in a desperate need of another AR flak. I'd go for increasing it's price and efficiency, making it possible to flak it with e.g. shields, and still be able to bring a decent amount of them into battle.

kyx

Harvester

The fact is, many routes can be zeroed without even getting a chance to fire. Sometimes they fire, but don't do much damage. (RPG vs TL)

The fact that RPG cannot be zeroed without taking lots of damage doesn't make it the strongest route, and every route has its weaknesses.

The robotics route has the least weaknesses, other than F-117 and maybe Vamps, and that should be enough to qualify it as a stong route.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

did you just list robotics weaknesses as f-117 and vamps...and nothing else?

RPG and striker my friend...also its harriers that are a problem when people mass them

f0xx

Landscape Designer

kyx said:
The robotics route has the least weaknesses, other than F-117 and maybe Vamps, and that should be enough to qualify it as a stong route.

Hahahaha excuse me?

kyx

Harvester

What I meant was tt the robotics route has the 3rd least weaknesses in the game, behind vampire and F-117 route.

CLem

Head Gardener

kyx said:
What I meant was tt the robotics route has the 3rd least weaknesses in the game, behind vampire and F-117 route.

You sure have a very unique understanding of the routes.

Loz

Harvester

kyx said:

robos are not weak vs vamps i have been targeting them most of the round as a robo, and doing pretty well.

Welshie

Harvester

That's not what he said. Please read the thread before posting. If we can continue with the discussion of Scrap Bots rather than childish bickering about whether or not robotics is the strongest route in the game !!"1234122!!!!l33t

kyx

Harvester

Coming to a conclusion about the strength of the robotics route will help to see whether its P-unit needs to be improved.

Thus, it is not entirely irrelevant to the topic.

Turnip2k

Harvester

The arguement is regarding the fact that the punit doesnt add anything to the route.

This isn't about the robotic route being powerful or not, its about the fact that there is no point buying the Punit (Scrap bot) right now because the unit itself is relatively useless! Even if you create a route thats stupidly overpowered (which robo isn't by a long shot), if the punit doesn't do anything for the route at all, there is still a problem with the punit as there is no point getting it. It should add somthing to the route, weather it make the route more functional or simply give the user a bit of fun - the scrap bot does neither to be honest.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

kyx said:
Coming to a conclusion about the strength of the robotics route will help to see whether its P-unit needs to be improved.

Thus, it is not entirely irrelevant to the topic.

And you are completely wrong (as robo can hardly be classed as a strong route, not to mention that atm the routes are quite well balanced), so your whole point is beaten...

Also as Turnip already stated, a P-Unit is not there to make a route stronger, it is to add a different variant of playstyle...

I will give you an example:
You cant tell me that a SO/SA player is weaker without SAs (ofc you can but you will be wrong) - he is just stronger against some routes, but not overall.
Also, you will be a fool to tell me that an RPG player is stronger with ROs.
Same goes for a player with F-117 and basicly every route out there, except a few routes like Bunkers and Puppets.