Rpgs

NightNinja

Harvester
why do they need a boost in armor damage firs off? They fire before EVERYTHING and they get a boost? That's stupid. You talk about balance there is no balance to them. That route by far is the best the military just becase they before any of the other routes good stuff and kill all the armor units which is the good stuff nine out of ten times. Seriously talk about over powered couple that with the fact that over 25% of plays them and it gets really damn annoying really fast. And it's been like that since they've been around for the most part. and if it's not them its ASSassins, poms, or Sorcs it's seems like. I don't know I guess I just needed to let out a little frustration...

Last edited by a moderator:

Souls

Official Helper
A while ago they did, along with a decrease to armour rating. ;P

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
rpgays are definately not the best military route, strikers are, rpgays are easily flak'ed by with health troops because they fire so early. and they are always last ticking which is a big big downfall for any route

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Sounds like you need to learn the game a bit better if you're getting owned by RPGs, assassins, sorcs and PoMs. What route are you? :p

NightNinja

Harvester
did I say i was being OWNED no *****. So stfu. I said that they are the most common ****ing things. They are every where. Do some hacking for change and you'd see that. I've been playing this game since round 2 you reknob. And its kinda hard to last tick rpgs when you aren't online..and Strikers suck. WTF are you saying..the ONLY way that route is any good is if you can get the P-unit. Apaches are WAAAAAAAAAY to slow and die before they get to fire against rpgs considering almost everything in that route fires before apaches do...and strikers well their kill ratio is laughable to say the least. And some us don't have the time or money to put in the game cause we have live and have to pay bill and actually go to WORK.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Strikers is one of the strongest, if not the strongest route in the game. Apaches are tremendously hard to kill if you have proper ratios, and strikers (while dealing almost no HD) are absolutely hard as hell to kill, and perform exceptionally well in their role as Anti Armour units. Grenadiers make useful Health Flak to help flak your armoured units as well. You're correct in noticing that Marines make one of the best complimentary P-Units in the whole game, but they are far from necessary to make the route awesome.

RPGs are capable of absolutely wipeout BRs with minimal losses on their side, and complete zeroing on their targets, but they have many weaknesses of their own. RPGs die fairly easily, they can be last ticked which is a tremendous weakness compensated by them being very powerful against Armoured units (although not if you're online but then you hope for AR or Allied defense; and if you don't get either well you're not supposed to be invulnerable in this game all the time) and they can be very easily flakked with some Health units. Firing before everything is not necessarily a great thing since Healthy units can perform admirably against them as flak which mitigates the damage they deal quite easily.

If you're an armoured route (robo most likely) then you have only two weaknesses for the main part, RPGs and Strikers. Robo also perform superbly against almost every other route in the game. Therefore, this being a rock/paper/scissors type game, Robo (read as armoured) units have to have a weakness as well. That would be RPGs/Strikers.

They also are fairly easily killed with stealth rushes from SAs or TLs.

They're not overpowered in any way, shape or form as far as i'm concerned.

NightNinja

Harvester
dude strikers do HORRIBLE against robotics save for pycho droids. I've seen alot of BR where Cybernetic Warriors RAPE the **** out of apaches with ease because strikers can't kill them for anything. Personally I think Harriers are better than strikers. I used to play that route back in earlier rounds and it seemed like both the other sides of the route chewed through my units with ease. Even with 4-5 million strikers and apaches they STILL got leveled by harriers or rpgs.
so why do you question my experience? I know because you are an asshole that's why. Rather than flame me you could of stuck to the topic. But typical of most of the other veteran players you are complete and total douche bag thanks.
And again I like how pick some parts of what i said rather than the whole thing. It doesn't help when about 30% or more of the round is playing that route it gets rather irritating. And They are overpowered for a unit that costs 56,000 a piece. They can EASILY be in bulk which they usually are which makes it rather easy to chew through ANY armoured units strikers and apaches included oh and Snipers fire before the health units in that route fyi...and before Apaches. But I shouldn't have to tell you that either now should I?

NightNinja

Harvester
and if you were reading my sig..why don't you finish reading it...the bottom part preferably.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
dude strikers do HORRIBLE against robotics save for pycho droids. I've seen alot of BR where Cybernetic Warriors RAPE the **** out of apaches with ease because strikers can't kill them for anything.

And I, and many others, have seen a considerable number of BRs where Robos are destroyed by Strikers. And not poorly setup robos either, but properly set up and designed robo routes. Srtikers perform fantastically well against robotic units, whatever you seem rather stubbornly inclined to believe. But please feel free to show me BRs you have seen recently where Robos/Strikers of equal size fight each other, and where the robo wins easily in a hands down (or pants down ;)) rape. To reiterate my point, strikers are an exceptional unit and route; if you think they suck, you're simply not playing them properly.

Personally I think Harriers are better than strikers. I used to play that route back in earlier rounds and it seemed like both the other sides of the route chewed through my units with ease. Even with 4-5 million strikers and apaches they STILL got leveled by harriers or rpgs.

Harriers die so easily it's laughable. They die almost as easily as PBs (exaggeration but not by much). Yes, Harriers pack quite a punch but they are all dead after first tick so it's more or less irrelevant since most robo routes don't die entirely in one tick. Even against strikers if you've massed CW you can do equal damages the first tick, then ofc by second tick you're dead since massed strikers won't die versus robo very well, and will be utterly crushed by a properly setup striker.

Again, i can't help but think you weren't playing strikers properly if you were being totalled by harriers and RPGs. Massing purely strikers is a no go, since it's an invitation to get assraped.

so why do you question my experience? I know because you are an asshole that's why. Rather than flame me you could of stuck to the topic. But typical of most of the other veteran players you are complete and total douche bag thanks.

I only question your experience because you seem not to understand some very basic game functions and how certain routes work.

And again I like how pick some parts of what i said rather than the whole thing. It doesn't help when about 30% or more of the round is playing that route it gets rather irritating. And They are overpowered for a unit that costs 56,000 a piece. They can EASILY be in bulk which they usually are which makes it rather easy to chew through ANY armoured units strikers and apaches included oh and Snipers fire before the health units in that route fyi...and before Apaches. But I shouldn't have to tell you that either now should I?

Every round there is a route that most people play, that still doesn't make it overpowered, it might make it annoying, sure, but i didn't attack that part of your gripe because i didn't think it needed to be addressed since you're right. It is annoying when a third of the playerbase goes one route. Although where you picked up those stats of 30% does intrigue me since i'm highly skeptical you hacked the entire playerbase and counted everyone and their route setup, but if you did, kudos to that.

They are not particularly overpowered for a unit at 56k. They have their weaknesses as i delineated in my previous post. On the note of picking certain aspects of people's posts to reply to i couldn't help but notice you ignored a large portion of my helpful post simply to rant and rave about my 'asshole-ish' behaviour. Wait, hold on, the phone is ringing, Oh, it's the pot calling, it's for you!

RPGs and Snipers should not be able to wipe a well set up Striker with plenty of Health flak. To reiterate my point for a third time, if you're continuously dying to RPGs, then you're not playing the route right.

and if you were reading my sig..why don't you finish reading it...the bottom part preferably.

I was trying to be helpful to answer/address your gripe, if you'd prefer i just behave like an asshole without posting any sort of useful response, ask anyone, i'd be more than happy to oblige you :D As it stands, you're behaving like quite the asshole and **** disturber yourself, so it's rather ironic you'd be calling us out on that. Oh ****, the phone is ringing again, the pot is calling for you once more.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
dude strikers do HORRIBLE against robotics save for pycho droids. I've seen alot of BR where Cybernetic Warriors RAPE the **** out of apaches with ease because strikers can't kill them for anything.
Strikers have a ridiculous amount of armour (apaches even more). CW don't do enough AD for their cost, making them very ineffective against strikers.
Comparing strikers to RPG's isn't a one line story, there are multiple things to consider:
- RPG target LET-ALL, strikers target LET alone.
- RPG are much easier to kill than strikers (strikers ranking very high on the list of hardest unit to kill).
- RPG target only R/M, striker all, making RPG for an attacker very frustrating at times, you're guaranteed to get last ticked on any attack on an alliance.

Personally I think Harriers are better than strikers. I used to play that route back in earlier rounds and it seemed like both the other sides of the route chewed through my units with ease. Even with 4-5 million strikers and apaches they STILL got leveled by harriers or rpgs.
Strikers should always win a battle against harriers.
- For starters, harriers don't do nearly as much AD as strikers or RPG's.
- Strikers fire before harriers, and grenadiers are quite decent at killing ranger, and also fire before ranger. Killing apaches is going to be enormously hard for a harrier (harriers not doing nearly enough AD, as apaches are even harder to kill than strikers), so even if you don't get grenadiers, you'll suffer little damage from the rangers and then kill a lot with your apaches.

. And They are overpowered for a unit that costs 56,000 a piece. They can EASILY be in bulk which they usually are which makes it rather easy to chew through ANY armoured units strikers and apaches included oh and Snipers fire before the health units in that route fyi...and before Apaches. But I shouldn't have to tell you that either now should I?
This makes sense yes. RPG indeed have the advantage of numbers, compared to strikers. And yes, RPG wtfpwn strikers who don't get marines. For a reason. If RPG didn't, then strikers would have almost no enemies anymore. Their most common enemies, being TL and RPG, are both R/M only, meaning that even when facing your most powerful enemy, you still have a major chance of winning (/making them recall), if you're online that is.
An advantage you will only fully appreciate when you're for example thug, and facing a robotic which is as deadly to you first tick, as he is on the last tick.

C

CK1337

so what do u reckon would be a good ratio to use for a striker route?

NightNinja

Harvester
Harriers die so easily it's laughable. They die almost as easily as PBs (exaggeration but not by much). Yes, Harriers pack quite a punch but they are all dead after first tick so it's more or less irrelevant since most robo routes don't die entirely in one tick. Even against strikers if you've massed CW you can do equal damages the first tick, then ofc by second tick you're dead since massed strikers won't die versus robo very well, and will be utterly crushed by a properly setup striker.

Again, i can't help but think you weren't playing strikers properly if you were being totalled by harriers and RPGs. Massing purely strikers is a no go, since it's an invitation to get assraped.

really? Because I FLATTENED many robos last round with Harriers and I did most of my damage in one tick and guess what my harriers lived because believe it or not Rangers make really good lethal flak.And I do know about flak retard so back off jack off. I have nothing to prove to YOU or anyone else. Last round I managed to get into the top 25 in bounty for quite sometime using the "weak" Harrier route. just because YOU say something doesn't make it fact. Now does it? And the point is when there asshole out there with 50 mill rpgs or more out there you aren't going to get a chance build up unless you are in the one of the top 3 alliances which are pretty much the same guys every round at the core of them and don't say its not because then you so full of **** it's not funny. So **** the **** off.

And I played the route same an anyone else..who didn't purchase credits or P-units because I didn't have money to do so considering unlike most ppl I have bills to pay. I have work to do. If you ask me it's just a little unfair that RPGS are 56k while apaches are 145k and fire slow as ****. And the only time strikers are any is good is in mass quantity and they can't kill cyber warriror one to one so I have no idea how you got the numbers you did. And get a robo with Cyber T-Rex's and see just how well that route does against it..Even numbers to even number the Robos will win.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I refer you to my first post, Nightninja. If you've been playing since round 2 and you still believe the crap you have just been writing then you really should join a training alliance next round.

RPGs are not overpowered because two of the most common routes, and possibly the two most offensive routes, kill it with ease. Namely SAs and TLs. They kill armour, they get killed by health. And firing early is not always a benefit. For example, against bunkers all the RPG AD is going to get wasted on ninjas, leaving all the bunkers and sentries intact. And in big BRs RPGs often do the least amount of damage, while taking the most losses, despite firing first. If an RPG player masses RPGs it makes them very vulnerable to rushes, and they die like flies. It's the price you pay for having a great offensive force. On the whole, RPGs will beat strikers 1 vs 1, but a well flakked striker will put off most RPG attackers.

Strikers are rubbish against robos? That's news to me. Strikers rape robos. They don't do as much damage per tick as RPGs because they're more expensive, but they're also a lot more durable. So the robos (which are primarily a health killing route) don't kill many strikers and you can finish the robo off second tick. And strikers are also the most all-round route. They have strikers and apaches as heavy armour, but also grens/HWs/marines as health. Strikers do AD, apaches do HD, and the other units do a combination. And you have the added bonus of marines targetting NLDs. All this combined makes them a pretty formidable route. Nobody really wants to see a striker defending their targets.

Harriers are not "better" than strikers. They might do better against robos, but they're pretty weak against most other routes (except rangers against SAs). Both RPGs and strikers rape harriers in one on one fights.

And what the hell does going to work have to do with griping about RPGs? Absolutely nothing.

NightNinja

Harvester
**** YOU!!! I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else i know how to play the god damn game. I've finished in the top 50. I've done well for myself. You can go to hell about that.

NightNinja

Harvester
I refer you to my first post, Nightninja. If you've been playing since round 2 and you still believe the crap you have just been writing then you really should join a training alliance next round.

RPGs are not overpowered because two of the most common routes, and possibly the two most offensive routes, kill it with ease. Namely SAs and TLs. They kill armour, they get killed by health. And firing early is not always a benefit. For example, against bunkers all the RPG AD is going to get wasted on ninjas, leaving all the bunkers and sentries intact. And in big BRs RPGs often do the least amount of damage, while taking the most losses, despite firing first. If an RPG player masses RPGs it makes them very vulnerable to rushes, and they die like flies. It's the price you pay for having a great offensive force. On the whole, RPGs will beat strikers 1 vs 1, but a well flakked striker will put off most RPG attackers.

Strikers are rubbish against robos? That's news to me. Strikers rape robos. They don't do as much damage per tick as RPGs because they're more expensive, but they're also a lot more durable. So the robos (which are primarily a health killing route) don't kill many strikers and you can finish the robo off second tick. And strikers are also the most all-round route. They have strikers and apaches as heavy armour, but also grens/HWs/marines as health. Strikers do AD, apaches do HD, and the other units do a combination. And you have the added bonus of marines targetting NLDs. All this combined makes them a pretty formidable route. Nobody really wants to see a striker defending their targets.

Harriers are not "better" than strikers. They might do better against robos, but they're pretty weak against most other routes (except rangers against SAs). Both RPGs and strikers rape harriers in one on one fights.

And what the hell does going to work have to do with griping about RPGs? Absolutely nothing.

going to work means I can't be online as much as you, You dumb *******. That's what that means. It mean I, unlike you have ****ing LIFE to attend to Now why don't you play in traffic or somethng

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Why don't you address the important part of their posts, rather than picking up on their very thinly veiled insults. Then you might actually learn something about the game, rather than gripe about things you quite evidently don't understand.

NightNinja

Harvester

And what the hell does going to work have to do with griping about RPGs? Absolutely nothing.[/quote

:winner:

The truth has been stated enough times that i feel it unnecessary to make any further posts contributing on my own.

Hobbezak and Toby have further illustrated the point about RPGs and their relative strengths and weaknesses. If you can't see the truth in their posts then I simply lose the will to convince you any more. Goodluck.

really? i think it's jst because you guys are bunch of cock sucking assholes who got to team up on one person. I swear to god I hate ppl like you..**** the lot ya.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

really? Because I FLATTENED many robos last round with Harriers and I did most of my damage in one tick and guess what my harriers lived because believe it or not Rangers make really good lethal flak.And I do know about flak retard so back off jack off. I have nothing to prove to YOU or anyone else. Last round I managed to get into the top 25 in bounty for quite sometime using the "weak" Harrier route. just because YOU say something doesn't make it fact. Now does it? And the point is when there asshole out there with 50 mill rpgs or more out there you aren't going to get a chance build up unless you are in the one of the top 3 alliances which are pretty much the same guys every round at the core of them and don't say its not because then you so full of **** it's not funny. So **** the **** off.

And I played the route same an anyone else..who didn't purchase credits or P-units because I didn't have money to do so considering unlike most ppl I have bills to pay. I have work to do. If you ask me it's just a little unfair that RPGS are 56k while apaches are 145k and fire slow as ****. And the only time strikers are any is good is in mass quantity and they can't kill cyber warriror one to one so I have no idea how you got the numbers you did. And get a robo with Cyber T-Rex's and see just how well that route does against it..Even numbers to even number the Robos will win.

Lol. top 25 BH. Kudos to you, sir. That is a wonderful achievement. Would you like your nobel prize delivered or are you going to collect? I'll make sure to tell the mental hospital to let you out for the day if you're collecting.

Plenty of people play without buying PU. I don't buy PU and it isn't a big deal. And plenty of people have jobs and have to pay bills. Don't really see what that has to do with anything at all.

Yet again, if you don't think strikers can kill robos 1 vs 1 then you're doing something very wrong. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of striker players who can tell you that if you don't take my word for it (and yeah, I've played strikers. And yeah, I raped robos with them).

Apaches are more expensive than RPGs because they are ridiculously tough. RPGs burst into flame if you do so much as sneeze in their general direction.

EDIT: I've also played this game while working. If you think having a job is an excuse for not knowing what you're talking about...well surprise, surprise, yet again you are wrong.

Matthew

BANNED
Is it me or did Antisnoobkiller crawl up this guys arse and start spouting ****? It's like watching a retard learn to walk. You think it's hillarious, yet if it were up to you it wouldn't exist.