Round Start Simulator

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
like your simulator. enfuriated by having to do everything myself :p keep putting formula in the first few boxes ticks to fill the maximum acres/buy the maximum harvs, whilst balancing the gardeners needed. how accurate are you values as you mentioned that in your original post. does it predict things pretty well? i assume things like, bush plants produced from seeds using formula like

=INT(H24+H28*100*0.8999)

is because the excel u used or time you did it you didnt realise you can use

ROUNDDOWN((H24+H28*100*0.9),0) and is accurate.

but other things like the amouint of seeds a tree plant produce

INT(C11+10+S19*3.45338889))

that value/constant is obviously going to change after a certain number of acres. which is key to optimising the round start. switching to bush from tree etc. at the right time. and to flower too. when does the rate of return of tree/bush deminish to a point its worth filling other acres and buying more harvs?. Is this value you use based on round start values or later in the round values is that when you allready have 100 acres of bush you get that return in tree. Does the exponential return of seeds kicks in after x acres, or is it from the very start.... anyway any insight into that if you have any or your simulators accuracy. how many ticks in does it begin to become inaccurate?

Kuda

Official Helper
Must say interesting thread, haven't actually followed any of the links mainly because I'm too lazy but in concept I think it could be useful for some people who consistently have trouble with their starts. Although I think again this is mostly due to them missing ticks, making errors in buying troops at the wrong time, planting at the wrong time, buying land in afternoon instead of harvs, etc so unfortunately without writing a bot to play the round for them I'm not sure how much it will help :)

I'll watch the round start from a distance this round however and for those with public IDs I'll try see if there is any sign of improvement in their round starts.

Hopefully some of you will be a bit higher in rank at the start as I won't be hogging one of those top ranks this round ;) also not sure if Polo and Martin will be playing the start either this round, they said they weren't last round but still did anyway so you never know... hehe

Oh and Dimi you really should look at them links :p

CFalcon

Official Helper
There was a small error in the one I posted earlier that made planting seeds during a night tick go a bit haywire. This has now been corrected, correct link has been edited into my original post and can be found here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o9j0z2

willymchilybily said:
how accurate are you values as you mentioned that in your original post. does it predict things pretty well? i assume things like, bush plants produced from seeds using formula like

=INT(H24+H28*100*0.8999)

My values are based on private world tests. I can't find where I noted down the actual results, but they work pretty damn accurately. Occasionally my calcs are 1 seed out, due to some difference in the method of rounding/integering.

And that second formula you posted would not produce the same result as the first one.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
There was a small error in the one I posted earlier that made planting seeds during a night tick go a bit haywire. This has now been corrected, correct link has been edited into my original post and can be found here:

willymchilybily said:
how accurate are you values as you mentioned that in your original post. does it predict things pretty well? i assume things like, bush plants produced from seeds using formula like

=INT(H24+H28*100*0.8999)

My values are based on private world tests. I can't find where I noted down the actual results, but they work pretty damn accurately. Occasionally my calcs are 1 seed out, due to some difference in the method of rounding/integering.

And that second formula you posted would not produce the same result as the first one.

interesting. thanks CF. It was just because I remebered reading azzers round start suggestion etc. in wiki once, now in manual

Azzer wrote: The first 5 land I stick to trees due to the low number of gardeners & harvesters needed to handle them. I use all spare cash to buy tree seeds (which I then grow) from the supply depot, to try and get my land full as quickly as possible. Once my first 5 land is full, I start selling plants for profit and expanding from there - trying to be sure to maintain a high harvester count for maximum night-time efficiency. I'll aim for a good balance of land later to lessen the effects of the exponential seed growth system, and give me good seasonal boosters all-round.

so woundered if the values you used you noitced to be affected by exponential seed growth and how much land of one type you can buy, before the accuracry of your start spreadsheet begins to fall off.

CFalcon

Official Helper

willymchilybily said:

=INT(H24+H28*100*0.8999)

interesting. thanks CF. It was just because I remebered reading azzers round start suggestion etc. in wiki once, now in manual

Azzer wrote: The first 5 land I stick to trees due to the low number of gardeners & harvesters needed to handle them. I use all spare cash to buy tree seeds (which I then grow) from the supply depot, to try and get my land full as quickly as possible. Once my first 5 land is full, I start selling plants for profit and expanding from there - trying to be sure to maintain a high harvester count for maximum night-time efficiency. I'll aim for a good balance of land later to lessen the effects of the exponential seed growth system, and give me good seasonal boosters all-round.

so woundered if the values you used you noitced to be affected by exponential seed growth and how much land of one type you can buy, before the accuracry of your start spreadsheet begins to fall off.

I *think* I tested seed production based on the production of 100 full acres. Shouldn't have been effected by exponential seed production I hope :s I'll try and find my logs.

And as for comparing the simulator to actual gameplay, I've never been able to test beyond about 2 hours (10-15 ticks). I haven't had the patience to do dedicated testing, and during a world 1 round start there's invariably a bit of cloud that throws everything out. Within the first 10 ticks or so it's always produced results which are within 1 seed/plant of the real thing.

I would add that exponential seed production would only throw the simulator out if you were trying to simulate going for all one type and then swapping to all of another. Eg. starting out all tree then swapping to grass/bush after 100 acres or something. If you were simulating all bush and comparing to all tree, then the absolute values might be thrown by it, but the relative success would not.

Edit: I lied. I just found my test results, and seed production values are based on 5 full acres (and then dividing by plants planted obviously, so 900 for 5 tree acres etc etc). So does not take any account of the exponential production modifier.

Last edited:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

This just shows that Azzer doesn't know how to play his own game (without cheating).

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ive tried with tree and was suprised i can buy tree seed or buy tree plants. and get virtually to the same point with acres full and enough harvs. the same tick and the difference in funds isnt to noticable down the line (1st day/morning tick after starting daytime)

tree seeds gave me
£1,921,319 funds on first morning tick after start (not buying any more land)

tree plant gave me
£1,919,433 funds on first morning tick after start (not buying any more land)

I did assume I had only 80 acres of seeds before round start.

gonna compare it to bush next. but going on martins player tips (as he gets good starts) and he suggests getting all bush i think i can get a better result. I guess others can do better than this optimising filling acres to harvester buying. cheers for the simulator CF nice to play with when bored

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
The issue with bush is you need over 600 harvestors for night-time production the first night (which is a bit costly!) whilst with tree, you only need 214.

Elderveld

Official Helper
If i test Azzers start compared to mine, i get a rough 75k less funds on the first afternoon. (if i sell all seeds/plants). Meaning i dont have enough harvs for the night!

Azzer u fail!

Elderveld

Official Helper
23.51 :p

i notice btw, that if u have 3 bush or more, u cannot get enough harvesters to get max seeds each tick. Aswell as getting enough gards to grow all seeds in the first morning tick.

At least from the different ways i tested it!

Kuda

Official Helper

This just shows that Azzer doesn't know how to play his own game (without cheating).

We've known that for years tho, remember the round he insisted on starting with 5 grass as it was the best land type for spring :)

Max

Garden Designer
If your Signature is anything to go by Kuda... it can't be that bad! <3

Kuda

Official Helper
lol, this is true Max :) But that was back in round 8 when I had ~112k acres total. Very easy to get lots of grass seeds when you've got about 15k grass acres :)

CFalcon

Official Helper
I can see that a good number of you have DLed my simulator. I was wondering if any of you have been comparing predicted and actual results for this round start. Feedback is always interesting, positive or negative.

Elderveld

Official Helper
first tick i had -1 tree seed and -1 bush seed :( realy ****ed it up. But as i completed tutorial i gained lots, and now the simulator is just waaaaay of lol