round 44 award discussion

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my post in awards thread

That awkward moment when logging in makes you a good player
lol,
i never said good players i said a beneficial addition to any alliance ;) its purely from stats page so is mostly fact, and what i saw. but yeah logging in does tend to help the alliance :p

if i was bothered, id have filled it out properly make special mention of those players who didnt get annoyed, kept going. Would stay up late to make sure we had cover all hours etc. but im too lazy, I'm sure other LC members can give props to those guys. its my first time id cared enough to post in awards thread for 3 rounds now. So dont knock it!

The community is so small that every one already knows who the good players, who can plan defence and atatcks and who the assets are. Or who are simply good at getting land but a little selfish....points at the disbanding of attitude....takes a mix to survive. or no resistance and a good lead. and those names were the mix i felt made the most impact to the alliance

Last edited:

flameharvester

Head Gardener
my post in awards thread

That awkward moment when logging in makes you a good player
lol,
i never said good players i said a beneficial addition to any alliance ;) its purely from stats page so is mostly fact, and what i saw. but yeah logging in does tend to help the alliance :p

if i was bothered, id have filled it out properly make special mention of those players who didnt get annoyed, kept going. Would stay up late to make sure we had cover all hours etc. but im too lazy, I'm sure other LC members can give props to those guys. its my first time id cared enough to post in awards thread for 3 rounds now. So dont knock it!

The community is so small that every one already knows who the good players, who can plan defence and atatcks and who the assets are. Or who are simply good at getting land but a little selfish....points at the disbanding of attitude....takes a mix to survive. or no resistance and a good lead. and those names were the mix i felt made the most impact to the alliance

Just adding a little to your point here willy, Logging in at 3 am, 4 am, 5am, 6am every day because your needed, its nothing special, but requires dedication and makes a lot of difference to your ally.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Heh I like the handing out of backslaps and consolation prizes.

HW is the offensive alliance because they won. Because they have the size to send and die and not care.

Oh plus all those battle reports where you either just flat out ran or got 0'd and lost land you simply failed to mention...

mmm nothing like only posting your highlights.

also for DW leader - Asmo (unfortunately) was MIA for most of the round until he posted in forums what did he missed. best leader(s) for DW would be toby and elle and dimitar and whoever else kept the ship together in Asmo's absence.

saying Asmo is the best leader at this point would be like giving NoCo best leader for simply putting the best team together. While commendable doesn't make the 'best' leader.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
As always garrett you don't fail to miss the point, the awards arent for best ally cause thats always rank 1 no doubts about that, its for those who stood strong in the face of adversity.

Also in regards to the br's why should we mention those? They dont stivk out in our memory or mean anything special to us, we play for the times that we win or have an amazing br same as every other player rank 1 to 666million. Ok? Thanks :)

*besides your more then welcome to post/mention them*

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
nah. just wanted to interrupt the circlejerk with a dose of reality is all :]

p.s. i still love you and think you did a good job with your ally.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
That awkward moment where LC members say Attitude was the worst alliance yet they recruited a sizeable portion of Attitude. :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
That awkward moment when people think it's a good idea to kick loyal members and recruit people who have slightly more troops, but left an alliance after it got a tiny bit of incoming.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
that awkward moment when I was touching myself and clicked this thread :(

flameharvester

Head Gardener
just to clear things up LC had one rule, meet your commitment, what you committed to is what I held people to ill use twigley and abreu as examples:

Twigley was more contactable then I expected and about twice as active :eek:.

Abreu was twice as active as he said hed be but wasn't online during aussie day when I needed him I love this bloke but he got replaced anyway for not being on aussie day.

Im not gonna go into the **** that hPpened with the member replacments in lc but I had many inactive members who were with us all round, thats because they met there commitment.

Anyway still like and respect everyone who was with us this round sorry if you couldn't finish with us.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
also for DW leader - Asmo (unfortunately) was MIA for most of the round until he posted in forums what did he missed. best leader(s) for DW would be toby and elle and dimitar and whoever else kept the ship together in Asmo's absence.

My mistake. Kinda took it as Asmo would be leader as he has been for ages. Il edit my post :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

My mistake. Kinda took it as Asmo would be leader as he has been for ages. Il edit my post :p

i just wanted to offer a foot note for accuracy. technically he holds rank 'leader'

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
And to clarify even further, I've done **** all in discworld. I joined in the middle of the round and only cared for about two weeks. Toby and AzLev were the true leaders of DW, but seeing how toby hasnt logged in this month, I'd say AzLev wins.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Haven't paid enough attention this round to give out awards, but I do have a couple of comments, so this thread will do.

Firstly, a massive wooden spoon award (ie. well done for trying. and failing.) to Recon and a couple of other LC's for some of the most pathetic attempts at attacking I've ever seen. Wasn't just Recon, but he just sticks in my mind. The same time every night, the same few players sending 3 on a tick on the same arsonist/PoM targets, and always recalling at the first hint of defence, which in Discworld tends to be just me on my own defending against 10x my score. I actually gave up on sending real mobs a couple of weeks ago, because the result is always the same. It's been a long time since I've seen such an impressive combination of cowardice and lack of creativity. Well done.

Secondly, a genuine award to lilow, who I've never played with before, but I've been delighted to discover is a perfect example of a team player. Always willing to come on and make sacrifices for the alliance.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Haven't paid enough attention this round to give out awards, but I do have a couple of comments, so this thread will do.

Firstly, a massive wooden spoon award (ie. well done for trying. and failing.) to Recon and a couple of other LC's for some of the most pathetic attempts at attacking I've ever seen. Wasn't just Recon, but he just sticks in my mind. The same time every night, the same few players sending 3 on a tick on the same arsonist/PoM targets, and always recalling at the first hint of defence, which in Discworld tends to be just me on my own defending against 10x my score. I actually gave up on sending real mobs a couple of weeks ago, because the result is always the same. It's been a long time since I've seen such an impressive combination of cowardice and lack of creativity. Well done.

Secondly, a genuine award to lilow, who I've never played with before, but I've been delighted to discover is a perfect example of a team player. Always willing to come on and make sacrifices for the alliance.

Cant comment on the recon/LC business with anything other then a pfft (mainly cause im not sure if its true or not), but in regards to lillow, your absolutely right. An amazing player and person, true diamond in the rough.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon

This ^
I thought I was the only one noticing their pathetic attempts .. which were mostly ineffective even when they didn't SQ because of a tiny amount of LET defense. And Recon sorry but you are like a shining example of NOT sexy :p
On lilow.. I have never had the opportunity to play with her (but probably could do a better job of it than her husband :p) and wish I could. Lovely personality and always great fun to message back and forth with.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Tbf i was able to freely bribe every member of both your alliances that I targeted.

This is with the exception of ogluk/dax/and the random RPG in DW.

Regardless of what you may have felt for Recon's tactics, the point is that you guys are far less then perfect and I would ask that you bear in mind when accusing us of SQ'ing that certain of our members could not afford to lose troops as we faced near constant inc from HW and had very limited AD.

I do agree non of the planned attacks I saw were a shining example of how to decimate an enemy, but then we didn't need them to be as they were still effective :)

tl:dr, why ***** that it was a poor showing, when your showing was worse.

Last edited:

Recon

Pruner
lol @ CF and James, Fact remains, we killed far more of your members then you have ours, if i recalled, was cuz i didnt want to sucide every day.. if i did, what would be the point in playing. lol i may have had bad tatics, but i thought i did pretty damn well for what i had to work with. I played to have fun and for the most part i did.