Round 38 - Award 'Discussions'

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
the rest of you like to be carried to the winning spot and get upset when it doesnt happen.

EXCUSE ME?

Myself and Silence were integral to Klepto's offensive capability. You'd likely still be smacking your heads against Omni without us. Not in Klepto any more tho. Daniel and Kieran were, and in every alliance I've ever seen them in, highly active and useful players during the important part of the round. Not in Klepto any more.

Please stop BSing about you carrying us up there. Plenty of members still in Klepto (Janppe springs immediately to mind) have been carried the entire way.

When players help you win the round, disrupting their sleeping patterns for you, staying up 12+ hours at a time, and then once the round is won they decide some rest is in order, the very least you can do is maybe have a quiet word with them before hitting the kick button.

And don't get me started on the rushing thing. I can only really speak for myself (I'll admit kieran was useless), but I at least was still defending against rushes and pranking people on after we'd won. The only thing I wouldn't do was waste my time on eta 7 hits on RIF. But unfortunately that's all certain members really cared about.

Silence wasnt kicked, he left.. :p There are 2 people that were k/r that I didn't agree with.. I can't really do anything about that, as for the rest, they weren't contributing, and didn't really contribute much before the win either. So who cares if they get kick/raped?

Angela

Harvester
the rest of you like to be carried to the winning spot and get upset when it doesnt happen.

EXCUSE ME?

Myself and Silence were integral to Klepto's offensive capability. You'd likely still be smacking your heads against Omni without us. Not in Klepto any more tho. Daniel and Kieran were, and in every alliance I've ever seen them in, highly active and useful players during the important part of the round. Not in Klepto any more.

Please stop BSing about you carrying us up there. Plenty of members still in Klepto (Janppe springs immediately to mind) have been carried the entire way.

When players help you win the round, disrupting their sleeping patterns for you, staying up 12+ hours at a time, and then once the round is won they decide some rest is in order, the very least you can do is maybe have a quiet word with them before hitting the kick button.

And don't get me started on the rushing thing. I can only really speak for myself (I'll admit kieran was useless), but I at least was still defending against rushes and pranking people on after we'd won. The only thing I wouldn't do was waste my time on eta 7 hits on RIF. But unfortunately that's all certain members really cared about.

I was very careful not to aim my post at anyone and as i dont have the kick button your aiming that at the wrong person. I was talking in the general term about the ones who didnt actually log on for weeks at a time.

Caranthir

Harvester
Page 2 please.

If they aren't active or contributing to your success, where's the risk of them attacking you after they get kicked.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
In my experience (and more often than not great pleasure), trying to argue with CF is a lost cause. But please continue, as many have and many yet to come will attempt to.
I just don't understand why someone like you Angela is trying. Whilst you have had alot of successful leading experience before, I'm not sure it's kicking into your reasoning at this time.
PROCRASTINATION, PEOPLE. Get to it.

Angela

Harvester
In my experience (and more often than not great pleasure), trying to argue with CF is a lost cause. But please continue, as many have and many yet to come will attempt to.
I just don't understand why someone like you Angela is trying. Whilst you have had alot of successful leading experience before, I'm not sure it's kicking into your reasoning at this time.
PROCRASTINATION, PEOPLE. Get to it.

i couldnt sleep and was bored, ive no intentions of carrying on. I didnt kick anyone as i havent been allowed the kick button this round :(.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
getting kick raped is always your own fault.

a) youre useless
b) youre annoying
c) youve misjudged the people in charge

so generally
i laugh

hahahahaha

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
getting kick raped is always your own fault.

a) youre useless
b) youre annoying
c) youve misjudged the people in charge

so generally
i laugh

hahahahaha

This.. ^_^

Kieren was useless, Daniel was even more useless.. Janppe has been on mIRC, and helping cover a shift. He might have been usless during the war (haha.. no troops.. loser) but he has been invaluable since then..

As I've said before, I don't care why someone goes inactive, but if they do it without giving a reason (personal reasons, ect..) They shouldn't expect to login and still be in an alliance.. or have any land.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
I feel like I've seen this discussion before

This.

Obligatory picture:

1253930-this_thread_again_super.jpg

I also lol'd at people saying RiF was the worst for doing nothing or not making a resistance or Twigley was sh!tter than usual because he didn't do anything etc, etc, etc.
We knew we were playing for fun from the start and so did most others (I think?). The eejits within that protested knew we were FTF from the get go and should of known better than to try and change our minds. Some of the said eejits left, some didn't, those that didn't haven't complained since and if they or any other RiF member have said "Oh it was such a boring round, wah wah cry cry" all I can say is you're idiots for joining a for-the-fun alliance in the first place, the hell did you expect? You're lucky Twigley demanded everyone be contactable.

Nagash

Weeder
I thought you had quit already Twigley? Every few months i pop by the forums to have a look at whats been happening, i see a "twigley quit" thread yet your still here after maybe 7 of them? If your going to quit..... just quit. Sad to see so many people i dont recognise and hardly any i do anymore. Btw i used to play under the nickname a few years ago of Jiggy

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Everyone should play a part in keeping their score.

By that logic you should have kicked Jake who suicided on us 2/3 times this round completely. You should have your own leader kicked for suiciding on us 2/3 times and just being really land fat with crap troops. And you should also kick Grissom for just suiciding on us now.

And Dre looked inactive from start to finish. But i guess Recon was too scared of kicking him and QS and John leaving.

tbh i dont remeber seeing jake have anything resembling an army at any point in the game lol. but i was afk/not interest middle of round. suiciding is kinda fine in my book. unless you do it stupidly (if i allow myself to get last ticked as a TL/hooli on rif defence and hence do no damage) as if you dont suicide you need to mass the alliance your asttacking. and if you do it too much they will run and not fight. very dull. best way to get a fight is to do a half decent suicide.

I think and even said to CF when he was kicked it went far too far. because being able to use his bot alone, and knowing the sort of player he is, and physically seeing him logged in when i was logged in. I just thought that was too far. but as for the others. one or two may be justified. but personally. (as seen from previous rounds when i lead for 1 time in my life) if i lead i dont kick anyone. its only a game to me. not worth the agro or mouth.my time is too important to be torlled because i wanted to swap one useless member with another equally useless member. (as everyone knows all the worthwhile members dont jump ship when times are hard)

Last edited:

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
* Worst Alliance - Extravaganza. Limited def, no attacks, mostly empty IRC chan. Pretty boring round

Pfft, LAFiN, we just all logged out when you signed in <3

Davs

Garden Designer
also, hats off to Catatonic, toby, Alci, Davs etc, you guys ROCK!

In fairness, we've pretty much been carried by van this round. Without his mass stealth harvies we'd have been screwed. NO LIES!