resistance?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
can we start resisting already

ranks 2,3,4 & 6 match in size if not more than that of rank 1 (okay they no doubt have enough seeds to rape and buy up) but if the resistance doesnt start hitting them using the multiple players and complimentary routes to good effect we're gonna have another stale powerblock sort of round.

You obviously don't understand what a powerblock is.

probably true been solo for most of them. but i thought things may be staling was my only concern, and and that perhaps there wasnt enough activity, and hence theres a group of alliances feeding on those not resisting, to get big. im sure it wont last this way, why i went to the gripes section and not the discussion section.

but none the less it has many of the characteristics of a powerblock. with little outcome seeming to head in the way of resisting rank one and bringing them down and more time passing. i did say maybe i've not been so actively informed on the actuall RRR attacks.
As until now i wasnt aware there had been many.

but feel free to clearly define your definition of a power block, and its differing characteristics to that of the current state of affairs. Hence dismissing my concerns & gripes in a more helpful way.

A Powerblock is generally considered to be a group of alliances working together deliberately to maintain their position to the detriment of the lower alliances with the inevitable side effect of stagnating gameplay.

These are usually, but possibly not always, the top alliances of the game. They usually have the specific goal in mind of preventing lower alliances from growing or even being able to do anything at all. This generally involves SNAPs between the involved alliances with reassurances of specific help in the event an alliance is under attack. Or did last round anyways.

The current state of affairs does stagnate gameplay, that is correct, and I cannot argue that point. However it must be said that they simply aren't powerblocking. They aren't working together to stagnate gameplay deliberately nor are they specifically SNAPped with the intention of securing ranks 2, 3 and 4 to the detriment of the remaining alliances. At least, not publically; although this may be the result that occurs, I don't think, at least for now, that it is deliberate.

They are currently operating under the resistance banner and theoretically removing any possible threats to themselves so that they can then concentrate fully on attacking RRR. While i myself am somewhat dubious of the nature of this strategy it is theoretically the public strategy of the Resistance. They have previously launched strikes against RRR which had dubious chances of success, but they were and technically still are gunning for RRR. I have my personal doubts but will leave that to be reevaluated later should the need arise.

No question they are stagnating gameplay of non resistance affiliated alliances, but no, they are not powerblocking. At least, not in the traditional form. Working together should be differentiated from powerblocking. Since one can happen without the other and 'working together' does not necessarily denote a powerblock. It remains to be seen how long this state of affairs continues, and then i might change my opinion, depending how long they remain 'SNAPped'. If the SNAP breaks once the resistance is either victorious, or declared dead, then I will remain satisfied they are not powerblocking. If they continue to work together to the detriment of the remaining playerbase I would be forced to reconsider my views.

Was that more helpful in dismissing your views/concerns Wilymchilybily?

thank you Alcibiades, much more helpful. the inherent lack of intent to "powerblock" because the aim is to topple rank 1 not secure thier own rank means its far to early to claim there is a power block. Sounds logical, I can agree with that.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
If anyone actually attacks the rank 1 that is.... next round at the start i declare my alliance as beginning the resistance (say after 6 ticks or so of the round?) therefore no-one is allowed to attack us as we will be building troops and tactics (we will ofc be allowed to bash anyone below us with no retaliation allowed as we are merely building land and morale for striking the top)

RESISTANCES ATTACK RANK 1!

Anything else is alliances snapping to destroy others for their own benefit nothing more i said this a week ago and all the b/s excuses i made above were used as justification against me

The original attacks on our alliance began because we refused to be bullied into helping others do their dirty work... nothing more. Unlike Fail we did not pretend to help the resistance to avoid being bashed we took our knocks and fought for the 20 in our alliance and we survived the initial onslaught Fail seemed to die in one night

The resistance still has time to actually do something S2N Enmity and Ail all have skilled players and good land/troop counts now are they actually going to do something or are they going to drop this ridiculous facade of a resistance geared to only pick on the small?
Personally i dont care which as i am and never have been interested in any alliance other than the one im in but i do believe that people in this game should have a bit of honesty about them for once

Changer

Head Gardener
The resistance still has time to actually do something S2N Enmity and Ail all have skilled players and good land/troop counts now are they actually going to do something or are they going to drop this ridiculous facade of a resistance geared to only pick on the small?

I don't agree with all this bashing OF or smaller alliances to get the means done, but that is much to the point. Its only NOW that they have these staff, that they have a smaller chance of success.