Resistance Declares war on Spit 'n Swallow

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Congrats too SnS u lasted a fair bit longer than PB, very impressed keep up the good work

But not too good:p

yeah. I will give you props too.

I'm glad 1/4 of ur alliance wasnt a bunch of score queens. and i sound sarcastic here.. but its just because i'm still salty at the queens that left my alliance. I really mean my props to you :p

I love how the term Score Queen is used so widely now, and more often than not, in the wrong circumstances.

In this instance it was used to describe individuals who left an alliance in order to preserve score due to overwhelming incoming and the reluctance to put their own necks on the line in order to save/help fellow members?
I feel Khris' use of the term was completly justified.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Congrats too SnS u lasted a fair bit longer than PB, very impressed keep up the good work

I'm glad 1/4 of ur alliance wasnt a bunch of score queens. and i sound sarcastic here.. but its just because i'm still salty at the queens that left my alliance. I really mean my props to you :p

I love how the term Score Queen is used so widely now, and more often than not, in the wrong circumstances.

In this instance it was used to describe individuals who left an alliance in order to preserve score due to overwhelming incoming and the reluctance to put their own necks on the line in order to save/help fellow members?

EG - Godsend

Silence

Head Gardener

'fellow members' I felt no desire to stay there because we treated each other so badly. I left the winning alliance with the knowledge that if it would take rank one a resistance would form.

I traded one more experienced and more active group for a less active and experienced group which is more friendly.

Sorry but I took a step down on my own safety.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Least Life: Spit 'n Swallow alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

people had us so wrong imo. look at our line-up we have folks that have played many many rounds, fact is, PB were never tested in defence and they crumbled fairly quickly, we however have dedicated members and ones that dont jump ship for score, PB simply didnt. that in itself makes these said pro's garbage and i fully support those who stayed to fight however impossible it might have seemed

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
took most? we took 1..... who left before you started dying, signer was booted from you guys? so what are you on about mate?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
took most? we took 1..... who left before you started dying, signer was booted from you guys? so what are you on about mate?

What are *you* on about with this **** you are throwing at people? Who exactly left PB just to keep his score? I am getting annoyed with veiled insults like that one. If you have someone in mind speak up please.

Last edited:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
haha no, i got silence to join us, before he knew a resistance was coming, ask anyone, there are countless logs....i told him a time to leave you guys n join us then we struck with the resistance.

i think your the one in the dark about what happened.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I wasn't talking about silence.

As said before, PB had some problems (I don't want to get into details), a lot of people were on the brink of leaving and with the resistance's coming, that just did it. Saying things like
"we however have dedicated members and ones that dont jump ship for score, PB simply didnt" is simply throwing mud at a colective. Only weaklings hide behind the colective, be it on the offensive or defensive side. If you don't want to use direct names, then simply don't criticize/insult.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Least Life: Spit 'n Swallow alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

I'd just like to note that that stat is only there due to the fact PB lost 7/8 of it's original players.

When you say we crumbled fast - it's impossible to defend INC on 20 members from every oppurtunitist ingame who sends 5 mobs and sends them on ticks varying from attacking for 1 - eta 5.

Fact is, you couldnt of done it alone so stop trying to big your alliance over PB, but you picked your time well to get the rest of the game with troops on our ass and atleast you tried so grats to that.

And the fact that when SnS got hit by PB alone 1 v 1, defence was the worst i've ever seen an alliance perform

Also - please note f0xx does not represent the views of PB.
He didn't have time for us apparently when we are losing.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
I wasn't talking about silence.

As said before, PB had some problems (I don't want to get into details), a lot of people were on the brink of leaving and with the resistance's coming, that just did it. Saying things like
"we however have dedicated members and ones that dont jump ship for score, PB simply didnt" is simply throwing mud at a colective. Only weaklings hide behind the colective, be it on the offensive or defensive side. If you don't want to use direct names, then simply don't criticize/insult.

f0xx if you were dedicated you would have stayed wouldnt you? you know the people exactly who left i dont.

and twigs weve had that stat ages?
plus how long have i been saying what you just said, mass incs on every member are pretty undefendable, you can only do so much. the reason we were crippled last time was because our morale was low and i called that everyone should just die and keel over so we could start from scratch without you guys with a massive land lead. thats why there was 0 defence :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I'd just like to note that that stat is only there due to the fact PB lost 7/8 of it's original players.
Actually that is not true, SnS were the most active even with our original setup.

Although Twigley is right, PB died to a resistance which hit at a bad moment (1/4 of the ally was "dead" before the first wave). I really don't see why you are bragging Cyrus about SnS being better than PB? You had better route setup and 4 alliances + some big solos. It's no surprise we lost...

"Also - please note f0xx does not represent the views of PB." - What views are you talking about Twigs? I am talking with straight facts and there is difference between a fact and a view.

f0xx if you were dedicated you would have stayed wouldnt you? you know the people exactly who left i dont.
I was dedicated Cyrus only to certain people and ideas. I play for the person who recruits me and for my leader. I play for what they promise me. Once both have betrayed me I see no reason to stay and waste more time. The dedications goes both ways, you cannot expect it if you are not giving it.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
i wasnt bragging, i was stating why we didnt crumble. we stuck it out and the res got bored first.

and PS. score for score wise the res versus us was much larger :p

Matthew

BANNED
IMO PB beat SnS initially due to these so called 'Opportunities' arising. Cyrus just made an INTELLIGENT decision to allow the alliance to crumble.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
if you were one of the people who left then you weren't dedicated :p i've no idea of everyone that left btw :p

Khris

Pruner
lol. My use of the term score queen was 100% justified... and IMO... one of the best examples.

When we had incoming.... Godsend just left... no word...

Nikon left to save his troops and so that "he wouldnt be forced to defend anyone and have to lose score/troops"

Polo just played selfish, leaving so he could lose land so he could bribez...

Theres more stupid **** that happened.

f0xx/n0c0 both decided they CBA to deal with it... Thats not queening, thats just giving up.

Its all about timing and oppurtunity and SnS picked a good one. Cheers to them... THEY MUST be the best... look at there activity stat :|

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Now that is an accurate description of the situation (no pun intended here).

I have much respect for those who decided to stay in PB though, since it takes a lot of nerves to stay in such envoronment even for me, whos ego was one of the biggest there, and I can't imagine how it is for someone like khris, who's ego is as tiny as Cyrus' pee pee ;)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Polo just played selfish, leaving so he could lose land so he could bribez...

Selfish is you guys wanting me to spend the rest of the round growing seeds and watching my pretty little rank rather than actually playing the game. I'd already told Kuda I wanted to spend the round bribing (before the round even started) and he said that was no problem. I left (to lose my land) before we knew anything of the resistance. Martin then asked me to rejoin and buy up on RPGs (rather than ROs, like I wanted to do) and help defend against the resistance - which I did. He than asked me to leave - which I did. Selfish is also some members of PS begging me to organise defence against the resistance when I'd made it quite clear I wasn't going to organise anything this round.

I also fail to see how wanting to lose score to be able to bribe more effectively makes someone a scorequeen. :S