RedTube's alliance banner(s)? :P

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've received around 15 or so complaints in the past week or two regarding RedTube's banners. Every time I look I've seen some slightly "dodgy" pictures, but nothing I've ever so much as felt the need to even mail their leader about to ask to remove, let alone enact upon.

But given they are changing the banner quite often, perhaps I've always, by coincidence, missed the really bad ones?

So I want to ask;

1: Is there some really bad ones that I've missed? Link to them here (post the link to the image, not the image itself, with a warning if necessary!) and let me see what's been used (I'm sure others can confirm whether it ws actually used or not).

2: Are people just getting a bit too... "over the top" and "politically correct" about any content that is not entirely in closed quarters privacy these days? Afterall, to agree to the EULA when yous ign up to Bushtarion you must be over 18, or have parental consent with a disclaimer that I can't vouch for the kind of stuff on the site and the parents/guardians need to take charge of what their children do or do not see (whether people actually abide by that age restriction is their personalc hoice or their parents [lack of] control). I sometimes receive complaints of owner/company names that are "too rude" or "too racist", and they are things that while a bit 'oo-err', are from out of place in a war game themed to a mature audience/adults, and perhaps it's just the same sort of people complaining about banners!?

Let me know if I'm just far too down to earth and lenient and these banners are horrific and simply shouldn't be allowed, or if people are just far too sensitive/over the top at times with how they react to things!

Bunion

Harvester
Re: RedTube's alliance banner(s)? :p

Are you aware of Tubgirl, Azzer?

I'm not going to link it, because, quite frankly, I'd rather not look for it to link it. Just Google "Tubgirl" and go to the image search (NSFW) and that was one the other night.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

Azzer i think you are a bit harsh on the banners. Last round with Pest's home made ones, where we called Silence gay in many different fashions was banned. And you repeatedly mailed me saying take them down. Silence was in my alliance and found them amusing. (so he said) So why they were banned i don't know...

(I think you made me take down 3 at least)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I think that anyone who complains about a certain banner is just a loser.

Also, if you are going to say that something is not appropriate atleast make sure you can show what this "something" is, because the words of a loser mean nothing to me.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

I, unfortunately, saw one of their banners. It's actually quite explicit and definitely not suitable to the game. Now Pestiferous' banners were funny, and they were cartoonish, but RT's banners definitely went over the top.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

lmao, GAMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS honestly. youve missed nothing you wouldnt laugh at azzer.

Tim

Harvester

I haven't seen most of the RedTube banners, I have the alliance banner disabled in my prefs.

If the Tubgirl picture was shown though then I would have to say it's completely inappropriate...

Subdivisions

Harvester

I agree with Tim. If that was our banner, it couldn't have been for very long, as I have no life....and I didn't see it :p

I'll point the thread out to our leader, and I apologize to anybody that was offended, because I'm sure that wasn't his intention.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i point the blame towards our former leaders photobucket.

saint1d

Head Gardener

Never heard of tubgirl before, but wow I bet her breath stinks

Welshie

Harvester

Tubgirl was up since the ally pic linked to a certain small-branch-shaped ex-leader's photobucket account. He clearly thought it'd be amusing to host tubgirl image there under the url that the ally pic pointed to after his departure. Accept our apologies for that. As for the other banners, *shrug* if Azzer says no then no it is it doesn't bother me :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Lukey found some of the banners i changed to funny :eek:
<3

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

If people get banned on IRC for links like tubgirl it should definately not be allowed ingame. :|

Silence

Head Gardener

IceOfFire said:
Azzer i think you are a bit harsh on the banners. Last round with Pest's home made ones, where we called Silence gay in many different fashions was banned. And you repeatedly mailed me saying take them down. Silence was in my alliance and found them amusing. (so he said) So why they were banned i don't know...

(I think you made me take down 3 at least)

I agree. If anything Azzer you are too harsh ( no offense intended) The banners were not graphic, they were only a joke at my expense which I laughed at too along with my alliance mates. God forbid we were having fun on a game =P . And if someone doesnt like it Dont click on it! But, being careful not to contradict myself, anything *too* graphic should be removed. Something that could make the average person feel sick I.E "tubgirl"

Chewie

Pruner

It's only a girl ******** on her own face. Deal with it.