• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Pw's and normal rounds

Terrakan

Harvester
i know this might sound stupid but i been thinking that i know azzer has kept the code from ages 2 - 4 (writing age 5)

but i think would it be possible to add an option on PW's so you can choose which age you want to play.

and for normal rounds, have different public rounds from different ages (not all running simultaneously)

i.e have age 5 running all the time as normal and then say have mini rounds of different ages running throughout the round as i for one tend to get a bit bored near the end of the normal round and i think this might be a way to stop me from getting so bored (not being able to fund a pw)

Terrakan

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Pw's and normal rounds

The different codesets are all entirely different - including a completely different database schema, login structure, user/password systems, unit storage systems etc. etc... plus the older the codeset, the more security issues (possible exploits), and old game-bugs etc. there are.

To have an option for the standard PW's to have a choice for different ages would actually mean I had to re-code all of the old ages to be compatible (and secure & bug-free) with the way Age 5 works (the payment systems, account systems, etc.)... it would be like re-coding three or four ages in one :p

Nightmare, basically, as cool as the idea would be if it were put in place! (I'd love to be able to just flip a switch & make it happen, don't think I dislike the suggestion itself! :D)

rooney

Head Gardener

:( i would have loved it if that could have happenned. great idea Terra. shame its impossible

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

tis a shame it is so hard to implement...otherwise it would be cool for azzer to do cool 1 off mini-rounds (possibly between world 1 rounds) of different ages...like only every few rounds

Steve_God

Official Helper

Azzer:
Given all the negativity of the current system, it might be worth considering running one of the old Age's as a one off as a reminder about how it was in the 'old days'.

If anything, it might make people appreciate the current system a little bit more?

Just a thought...

Gooner

Head Gardener

Steve_God said:
Azzer:
Given all the negativity of the current system, it might be worth considering running one of the old Age's as a one off as a reminder about how it was in the 'old days'.

If anything, it might make people appreciate the current system a little bit more?

Just a thought...

Or for a chance for players that didn't get to play in the old ages to experience it =]
Good idea.