• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Public ID

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
This suggestion was spurred (well, its not even my suggestion...lol) from a discussion in IRC.

IRC madness said:
<jeff54321> hmm wish if somebody wasnt playing anonymously u could look at the user profile and find their id
<jeff54321> :p
<jeff54321> or maybe u can and im just stupid
<pin|prank> thats a point actually
<pin|prank> it should be if not already
<jeff54321> omg my suggestion u can post it but give me credit
<pin|prank> i shall!

Pretty self explanatory. If someone is playing "publically" then if you view their user profile you can see their ID displayed somewhere. So if someone starts playing again they can look up their friends and possibly get in touch with them in-game...or even just see how their friends are doing this round.

Also, if people have their profile as public they obviously dont mind people knowing their ID so surely it should work both ways.

(Ive just checked, and it isnt already like this from what i can tell)

Woop!
x

Turnip2k

Harvester
It will have to be an option which can't be instantly turned on and off at a whim, or you will get people playing privately but who will switch to public for just a moment so that they can glean some insight into the person which they are attacking / being attacked by (timezone etc..) - petty I know, but such is the way of this game. It makes me sad that whenever someone comes up with what should be a good idea, we have to pick it apart in every way to stop people abusing it.

Either make it so that when you go public, you must stay public for x amount of time, or you must have an account which is public / private throughout the whole round.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
It will have to be an option which can't be instantly turned on and off at a whim, or you will get people playing privately but who will switch to public for just a moment so that they can glean some insight into the person which they are attacking / being attacked by (timezone etc..) - petty I know, but such is the way of this game. It makes me sad that whenever someone comes up with what should be a good idea, we have to pick it apart in every way to stop people abusing it.

Either make it so that when you go public, you must stay public for x amount of time, or you must have an account which is public / private throughout the whole round.

Er, what? I think you misunderstood.

He's suggesting that if you're viewing my profile at http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/portal_profile_view.php?Nick=Polo you should be able to see that I'm ID xxxx this round as my ID is public.

Last edited by a moderator:

timtadams

Landscape Designer
It will have to be an option which can't be instantly turned on and off at a whim, or you will get people playing privately but who will switch to public for just a moment so that they can glean some insight into the person which they are attacking / being attacked by (timezone etc..) - petty I know, but such is the way of this game.

I may be wrong, but going public doesnt mean you can see the profiles of those you are attacking/being attacked by.

On that, I agree with Jeff/Pin. But maybe as a seperate option. Cause i would go public, but say i pissed someone off this round. They could easily find my in-game name and decide to rape me to the ground over the whole round? I dont think i would have this problem, but some people may. This way you could still be public and not make it too easy for someone to find out your ID

edit: lol, was about 3 posts too late but that second point still stands ;)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Good idea, you should be able to find someone's ID if he/she is playing a public ID.