potential for more alliances

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i dunno how many people are planning to lead. but i read and heard alot of people talking about it. twigley?, elvanos?, elderveld?, leeroy?,mothership's old crew-dunno whos leading?, recon and and some of my ex-alliance from the last round were even looking to0. Dont think they formed one. but there are only 3 half filled alliances. so there must be alot of people out there who wanted to make an alliance and didnt, and alot who want to join an alliance but it fell through, and they're good players.

So id strongly suggest if some one did want to lead a semi ftf/top 5 alliance. but couldnt get a full alliance on forums etc. maybe just grab who you can and make one. alot of people seem to be looking from what i see. and sure it may be rag tag and randoms but there is alot more potential to fill allliances. more than the amount of alliances out there. lets get some more alliance for an exciting round 43!, and some of the players are actually really quite good but just without a home. may find you get a nice little squad out of it.

just a thought to any one who couldnt get a full alliance, but had a few people say they would join, and did still want to lead

Coruba

Head Gardener
I would be one that might lead, not sure if people would give me a second chance. If I am confirmed for one which I maybe, somebody send me a mail

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Just create and people will flock to you. When things get tough, make them stick together :p If I can do it with a bunch of nubs you should be able to as well.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, most of Mothership are reuniting for another lazy ftf round. It shouldnt be too hard to fill in the gaps.

I think because so many people are ftf, they are just lazy in setting up their alliance. Im sure a few more will appear and start to fill. I cant get into my alliance yet as when i applied no-one was online to accept me.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Just create and people will flock to you. When things get tough, make them stick together :p If I can do it with a bunch of nubs you should be able to as well.

Biggest problem you'll have is the incomings you won't be able to stop for the first week. Ride the storm, it then gets a lot easier - worst thing for an alliance is low moral. A good leader is a good motivator.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

Biggest problem you'll have is the incomings you won't be able to stop for the first week. Ride the storm, it then gets a lot easier - worst thing for an alliance is low moral. A good leader is a good motivator.

This..

and it doesnt hurt to have your 2 most active players go pom.. when I did a training alliance.. I was pom.. it makes a HUGE difference :D

Coruba

Head Gardener
By looks of things I will be creating one so anybody who wants to give me a second go .... Send me a mail. I will be putting a post up when I get home tonight.....ftw and probably choose your own route.

Elevnos

BANNED
By looks of things I will be creating one so anybody who wants to give me a second go .... Send me a mail. I will be putting a post up when I get home tonight.....ftw and probably choose your own route.

Ftw? :O ambitious with s last minute alliance!

Coruba

Head Gardener
One always starts off that way, never ends up that way lol, but no harm in trying to start that way

Coruba

Head Gardener
Right then......will be a leader and tell them what to do then :).....thanks for the advice - now according to two people it is bad to do a ftw alliance at the last minute - please remember - I am an enthusiastic amateur at this......not a seasoned professional :) cut the lad a little bit of slack please

timtadams

Landscape Designer
just cos something might not work doesnt make it a very bad idea. I would consider, "holy **** my computer exploded in my face and now im blind" a consequence to a very bad idea.

Not getting 20 ftw players at the last minute would be due to at worst a useless idea.

bluehen55

Harvester
And we certainly need more in the way of enthusiastic amateurs willing to jump in and try their hand at leading, so keep at it :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
We aren't saying don't try, and we aren't saying its going to kill you.. we are saying that trying to recruit FTW last minute means your going to be doing a whole lot of "well.. no one better has applied"

:p Most decent FTW players find an ally/get recruited a few weeks before the round ends. Doesn't mean you can't do it last minute and be successful (especially nowadays) but don't be surprised if you have problems finding players.

Coruba

Head Gardener
And I agree Lucky, but that was similar to last round too. But imo that is ok as I want a few experienced which I do have plus when you look at things as a whole......who would choose me as a leader compared to some of the others if they had the opportunity?

I just think I have something to offer as a leader - and well practice makes perfect......just going to be a whole lot of practice :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well as I see it you might as well call it "FTW" if what you mean is "I want people willing to do an effort to get this ally the best rank we can achieve"? And personally I've always felt it better to let people, especially inexperienced ones, choose their own route. It adds a bit to the enjoyment, and in the current climate, the mix of routes are not the make and break of an ally.

A few rounds back I started Lead Ballon on a whim, had about 12 players at start of the round, recruited any straglers I could find and we ended rank 8 after a lot of nice miniwars with the other allies around 6-10th spot.

penguin

Official Helper
I would be one that might lead, not sure if people would give me a second chance. If I am confirmed for one which I maybe, somebody send me a mail

I thought you quit playing!! But leading is fun :p you're nice enough to have an alliance. :)