PoMs and their current state....

f0xx

Landscape Designer
The change about PoMs was bad.

Enough said.

I dunno how to make the route more balanced, but the state in which it currently is, definately needs to be looked at.

WildDisease

Pruner
Re: PoMs and their current state....

PoMs are fine atm... you don't find many players playing them either.. the problem is not significant enough to merit change..
let's see what age 5 brings us before we whine.

saint1d

Head Gardener

I somewhat agree with Foxx. I said last round that the change was good, but the amount of damage done by bikers needs to be reduced a little because it is way too easy to flak the bikers.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

WildDisease said:
PoMs are fine atm... you don't find many players playing them either.. the problem is not significant enough to merit change..
let's see what age 5 brings us before we whine.

I do not agree. Before the change, everyone used to rush the top ranks keeping them from having masses of poms.

After the change, the top players can just get the masses and distract all the bikers, lower player though, cannot afford that.

The change was good only for those in the rank 1 alliance, for everyone else it was a bad change.

Prove me wrong?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Idea of the change was good. There is no thing like being able to attack top ranked guy from 500 ranks lower and be able to deal damage. That was just ridiculous.
What went wrong is that how PoMs dont have enemies, not nearly enought units are targetting poms and not even nearly enought of units fire before them.

If bikers would have just been changed to eta 5 it would have been fixed. Simple as that, now instead Azzer went for typical Azzer change.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
If bikers would have just been changed to eta 5 it would have been fixed. Simple as that, now instead Azzer went for typical Azzer change.

Oh yeah, now I remember that this exactly the change I had in mind. Also, lol at the "typical Azzer change". That made me chuckle :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

PoM are overpowered.
Simple :p
Bikers fire before PoM and bikers eta 4 or 5 i agree.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

As i said before the last change was bad imo. It made the upper hand have huge advantage and now poms either farm smaller thugs and it's close to impossible to kill a huge prot early/mid round and also small poms can be zeroed easly in 2 ticks by a big thug when it was impossible past rounds.
Bikers should fire before poms because if they fire after, a big pom has an easy ride in. Even if it would be changed to give bikers a big resistance bonus against poms they would fire and do damage first tick but could easly be isolated and bribed with hypno or picked off with other lethals.
Normally i'd suggest bikers to fire before poms, reduce their damage, make them eta 4 and remove the damage reduction against hvans. However new round is coming up with a total different playstyle and i'm not sure how prots will fit in, so they might remain unchanged (overpowered as now) but they will need to amass huge amount of lands (they ar good at that) to compensate for their inability of "bounty hunting".

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

tbh i think azzer choose the wrong option

he had 2 options imo to make:

either he increase damage alot and make init just after poms

or make eta higher(possibly to 4 or 5? leaves some form of combat against the pure biker rush at least) leave init, increase damage slightly

imo he choose the wrong one.

TehPantz

Head Gardener

My beef with PoM's was cured this round because there is no AR. As a solo if you were rolled by a PoM, he could come back a million times and steal land because he stole land without killing troops. NO other route could do that. usually you have to carve a bloody path to land and raise the guy's AR so that it would be tough to come back for more. But if AR comes back next round.....

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

thats just to do with this round though,

i mean i could flak a pom over and over, does that make it weak jsut because there's no AR?

CLem

Head Gardener

that isn't just about this round, you can get land raped by a pom 3 times a day without them worrying about triggering since each land grab only boost AR by 10 - 15%.

Steve_God

Official Helper

However much I hate to say it, I agree.

I 'thought' that it would be good for PoMs and a good fix..
After playing half of this round as a PoM, I have since restarted to go a different route as it's impossible.

Eg:
I could have say 2m Pom, 2m Hippy Van, and an array of other NLD units...
I would get attacked by someone not that much later than me, with say 1m Bikers, and either 2/3m Jeeps, and a few mil Pbs, or silly amounts of attack dogs...

The outcome was that the PoMs didn't have enough armour distracting points to make any dent on the lethals with the jeeps, and therefore most of the bikers also got through because of that; or the masses of attack dogs outflakked the PoMs, and again the bikers fired.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem - but with bikers increase in power, it tears through the NLDs like there's no tomorrow, and with no damage done to them either.

Will just have to wait and see what Age 5 brings us!

ToY

Weeder

I would say keep Biker's init how it is but reduce the damage just alittle, maby by half just throwing that out there. I personally do not like the idea of Biker's firing before POM's but that is just me :roll:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

What about the idea of having bikers target other bikers? Would that solve the problem?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

ToY said:
I would say keep Biker's init how it is but reduce the damage just alittle, maby by half just throwing that out there.

How about you start using your brain first and post after that?

ToY

Weeder

Why are you attacking me Foxx? GTFO my nuts, I have done nothing to you.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

No-Dachi said:
GTFO means..?
Get the **** out, usually. Perhaps he means get the **** off in this context, though.

ToY

Weeder

Yes I do Polo. I am tired of people like him attacking people. It is just ridiculous.