NFL - Steelers all the way!!!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: NFL - Steelers all the way!!!

Look it's very simple

It's a Cardinals - Ravens SuperBowl

The final score is 31 - 17 in favor of the Ravens. It has been preordained and delivered to me by holy messenger. You heard it here first.

That is all.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

tomtree said:
yes, move to england where they dont use padding and helmets, and play a man's sport.

Go on, take a few tackles from a 300 pound muscular behemoth who has 15 yards to pick up speed before hitting you, and then tell me you don't want a helmet. Except you won't be able to, because your jaw will be wired shut.

That is all.

tomtree

Head Gardener

TheNamelessWonder said:
tomtree said:
yes, move to england where they dont use padding and helmets, and play a man's sport.

Go on, take a few tackles from a 300 pound muscular behemoth who has 15 yards to pick up speed before hitting you, and then tell me you don't want a helmet. Except you won't be able to, because your jaw will be wired shut.

That is all.

you seem to be under the impression that that kind of thing doesnt happen in rugby, it does.

watch some of these:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_1sone-Mk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-uslnjij6NY&feature=related

there are loads of other similar ones too.

im not saying the you dont get big hits and stuff like that in the NFL or whatever, im just saying we have it without all the padding and helmets.

though i think i may have taken this slighly off topic now, sorry.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i don't think anyone denies that those rugby tackles are ridiculously huge, however, i'm convinced that Nameless has a good point in saying you should *want* a helmet, *especially* after seeing such a video. I'm forced to conclude that anyone who doesn't believe in things like helmets and pads etc after seeing those tackles is no longer mentally competent ;)

On topic-ish, Go Ravens!

tomtree

Head Gardener

Alcibiades said:
i don't think anyone denies that those rugby tackles are ridiculously huge, however, i'm convinced that Nameless has a good point in saying you should *want* a helmet, *especially* after seeing such a video. I'm forced to conclude that anyone who doesn't believe in things like helmets and pads etc after seeing those tackles is no longer mentally competent ;)

lol, fair point.... spose im just not mentally competent, and im off to rugby training tonight to prove it!

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i think we've reached a major break through

Illumination

Head Gardener

What do you call 53 people sitting around the tv watching the superbowl?

The Baltimore Ravens;)

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I find it hard to root for either team. Due to previous relations between the Steelers and Patriots, I am opposed to Pittsburg. However, the way the Cardinals just rolled over and didn't even try against the Pats in Week 15 (was it 16?) was disgraceful. And as such I am opposed to them.

So, I'll root for the Cards just because they're underdogs, and really have no right to be there.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Booo steelers

Booo steelers

The Steelers play the most boring football in the NFL (well, second only to Baltimore). Go Cards!

Abreu

Pruner
Go Cardinals
I'm only going for them cause they have an Aussie playing for them.
Ben Graham FTW!!!!