New years break

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Simple gripe what's the point in it? I can understand the Christmas break... but we now have a new years break? What's coming next Ramadan break? I just think a new years break is just being a bit too friendly.

Anybody else out there agree with me?

vannila

Planter
Re: New years break

i agree completely. i was hoping to get some land out of everyone being gone. the break started when i was still in bed this morning... doesn't make sense. i'm probably going out, and i still feel the break is pointless. pretty soon we will have "friday night break." its just the same thing as going out on the weekend. some people do, some don't. i just feel sorry for those people who aren't going out, and were planning on playing some bush but can't now.

The Drefetr

Digger

I support the idea of a break for Ramadan.

In all seriousness though. I agree. The break sucks.

zombie

Planter

I personally enjoyed it. Having the festivities without waking up with a hangover and a page full of news is a nice thing. Although you might still have the hangover...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah the break was a good thing...otherwise you'd just get some people online with nothing better to do being able to go crazy...there are breaks twice a year...can you not handle life without bush for 36 hours?!?!?!?!?!

id like to note, that wasnt supposed to sound offensive...

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

the break stops your allaince expecting you online when you have other commitments and priorities over these periods of festivity. it worked, it did the job.

therefore i disagree. but co-incidently i didnt even know there was a break till i woke up this morning 30mins b4 it ended.

so as it didnt affect me i didnt really care. also its only one round out of the five or however many in the year it happens. and for a brief period. so it doesnt matter

Darryl

Head Gardener

willymchilybily said:
the break stops your allaince expecting you online when you have other commitments and priorities over these periods of festivity. it worked, it did the job.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.

Do we have a break every day 9-5 for those who have to work? No. I think there should be a benefit for those who prioritise Bush.

If you'd prefer to go out to stay in and play Bush, I can't say I blame you, but you should be vulnerable to dying in that period, regardless of whether it's Christmas or New Year. It's not really up for discussion, as I think it's extremely unlikely that Azzer will change it, but I'd love to see it removed.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

christmas, definately should be a break...its just the right thing to do...

and the new year one was unexpected but definately a nice surprise, and again a good idea

i dont think its fair to punish players who actually have a life outside of bush...this game already requires alot of activity and contactability (alliance related) to do well...i dont think its to much to ask for (like i said above) 36 hours of break a year...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Considering nature of christmas and new year actually new year is more reason to have break than christmas as some people dont spend christmas at all but propably everyone (but chinese) does it at "same" time.
Get a life people... Azzer is running game here where people play for fun. Even he went out for evening and we all have or at least should have lives too. You can attack people about 360 days a year in various worlds. And you can always book up PW for next new year to keep killing people while they are living their lives.
But dont come here to whine how you dont have any friends and would like to ruin others new year and fun by being here, killing them and stealing their acres.
Thats just low.

Podunk

Head Gardener

Personally I loved the breaks, finally got some much much needed sleep. Keep them in!

Lukey

Harvester

Cheese said:
Simple gripe what's the point in it? I can understand the Christmas break... but we now have a new years break? What's coming next Ramadan break? I just think a new years break is just being a bit too friendly.

Anybody else out there agree with me?

Sorry cheese but some of us go out and celebrate new year.... wanna enjoy ourselves.... not sit on bush or ever get phone calls while having a good time with mates.

:symp1:

Chewie

Pruner

maybe because the majority of people want to enjoy a traditional holiday which is celebrated by almost everyone in the UK?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

but i don't see why the game must pander to those who choose to go out? I don't see New Year's or Christmas as a particularly important time to get off. If that's the case, you should do it for people's birthdays (they can't get attacked) or Ramadan, or Hanukkah ... I mean, I understand drawing the line at some point and most examples are facetious, but please. If you want to waste your life in front of the game, that should be your right. I don't see why xmas and new years merit 'time off'.

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the break, but if i told my ally that i wasn't going to be active for xmas for 7 days or w/e whilst i was with my family, so be it, they'd understand. The game shouldn't get 'armistices'.. it's WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR!!!!! All the way.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

No point bringing other holidays in to this. Bushtarion is my creation - I'm British, left wing, liberal, atheist, and I love New Years and Christmas holidays (I don't care about any other holidays through the entire year). And like any creative person, you put yourself in to your creations - and so things in Bushtarion are often geared towards my personality (like any artist or creative minded person!).

I don't celebrate "Hanukkah". Or the Chinese New Year. I don't celebrate people's desires for individual holidays. But I do celebrate and enjoy time off on New Years & Christmas, and enjoy having a blast. So that's why certain holidays go in to the game, and certain holidays do not :)

It's not about pandering to those who choose to go out, it's about me saying "hey everyone, I think everyone should be able to have a nice break on these dates and feel free to go and celebrate or relax or do whatever they wish, but I'm doing this for the game!". That's the good thing about creating something - you get to design it how you like it... and then those that like what you like, like the creation... and those that don't, don't!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I know and do agree with you ironically enough, but at the same time, it was just getting interesting, we were getting enemies, I just got PAs and wanted to kill NCAA :( then i had this silly embuggerance of a New Years Armistice... i mean really wtf!?!?! [/sarcasm....]

:D

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Azzer said:
No point bringing other holidays in to this. Bushtarion is my creation - I'm British, left wing, liberal, atheist, and I love New Years and Christmas holidays (I don't care about any other holidays through the entire year). And like any creative person, you put yourself in to your creations - and so things in Bushtarion are often geared towards my personality (like any artist or creative minded person!).

I don't celebrate "Hanukkah". Or the Chinese New Year. I don't celebrate people's desires for individual holidays. But I do celebrate and enjoy time off on New Years & Christmas, and enjoy having a blast. So that's why certain holidays go in to the game, and certain holidays do not :)

It's not about pandering to those who choose to go out, it's about me saying "hey everyone, I think everyone should be able to have a nice break on these dates and feel free to go and celebrate or relax or do whatever they wish, but I'm doing this for the game!". That's the good thing about creating something - you get to design it how you like it... and then those that like what you like, like the creation... and those that don't, don't!

lies..... we all know you only added the new year break because you were chuffed with the cleverly thought up names and actions in the new years break battle reports.

im on to you azzer!

cityguy

Digger

For me, the best thing i like about this game is its real time strategy, standing chance to get killed when you are offline so i don`t support the idea to have break, not even christmas break

Bobbin

Head Gardener

cityguy said:
For me, the best thing i like about this game is its real time strategy, standing chance to get killed when you are offline so i don`t support the idea to have break, not even christmas break

Luckily more people support it than don't...

I'd just die over xmas and new years. No chance i'd leave my friends/family to come defend..