Nasty Changes - Member Defence Change

Dafydd

Pruner
I know why its been changed, but changing something halfway through a mass atttack (which Azzer will know is going on...) is unfair...if the game allows you to do something its a fair enough tactic...to change that is fair enough but not halfway through a resistance..

Sorry to get involved, I'm not going to read the thread, just put my thoughts in on mid-round changes.

It has long been an issue within the game - the mid round change. Many people argue that if it is not 'against' the EULA, then it should be legal. Something which does not bend or break a rule, is therefore within the confines of the games structure, and ergo, is an acceptable practice. It may not be ethical - or morally justifiable - but it can be LEGAL. Ofcourse, an argument like that is strong, and I can imagine a number will agree, particularly those who have found the loophole/inbalance and have exploited it.

Arguments of morality aside, (i.e is it right to Bash, sNap and powerblock because the gme 'allows' it?), when something within the game mechanics, legal or not, presents itself in a way which is detrimental and unbalanced, and is effecting the enjoyment and gameplay of the wider community, I believe that Azzer does not only have the right to amend the code, but does have a duty to do so.

I can sympathise with those who have found a loophole and hope to exploit it for the whole of the round, or purchasing a P-Unit with the assumption that the Unit will not have it's stats degraded (as once happened with TL's and Twigley's bikers), but on the whole, the fact that you have had the benefits awarded from the loophole for the amount of time that you have, is bonus enough.

To summarise, a somewhat pointless post, Azzer can do whatever he wants, as long as it is for the wider good of the game. As Mr Spock once said

"Spock: The needs of the many outweigh...the needs of the few...Or the one."

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Let's just put it this way - you guys exploited(1) a loophole(2).

1. to exploit - to use selfishly for one's own ends
2. loophole - a means or opportunity of evading a rule, law, etc.

So if you put the pieces of the puzzle together we get - you guys found a way to evade a rule and used it selfishly for your own ends.

Not only that, but when Azzer found a way to fix this loophole, you come here and whine because he wouldn't let you use it for some more time? That is just absurd.

Oh, and if you think the fact that BlackWolf exploited the same loophole as well justifies your whining, then you are wrong.

alexx

Harvester
they arent against the change, they are against when the change happened.. for 2 weeks it's been allowed and during that time bw used it alot, then suddenly when TBA uses it, it gets banned immediately. And that right after they do a switch making the swap backfiring at them.

TBA thought it was an absurd exploit too you know.

kk stfu now and play the game.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
they arent against the change, they are against when the change happened.. for 2 weeks it's been allowed and during that time bw used it alot, then suddenly when TBA uses it, it gets banned immediately. And that right after they do a switch making the swap backfiring at them.

As Azzer stated already, he didn't know how to fix that loophole at that time (idea wise) and as soon as he found a way he fixed it.

Also, it wouldn't have backfired if they weren't using it at first place. None of the alliances that was fighting them at that time wasn't exploiting the loophole so they had an unfair advantage which allowed them to defend otherwise undefendable first wave of resistance. The fix happened on the second wave which was much smaller and not as well organised compared to the first one due to the fact that they had already swapped most of their members and we weren't able to get an accurate enough ID list of the new alliances.

alexx

Harvester
/facepalm ... lets not argue about it anymore. this topic was started because of what i wrote and u keep whining about how blablabla it is unfair because we are 60 noobs that are currently ahead of u in a game.

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
No need to get personal now. If you don't want to reply, then just go back to powerblocking, exploiting loopholes and cheating, since that is the only thing you guys seem to be good at ;)

alexx

Harvester
yup we're 60 mindless noobs that exploit loopholes, black holes and god knows what...... buhuh cheaters.

crying_fox%20link.png

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I think BW is the biggest Hypocrite on the face of bushtarion !!! :D ahahaha
every single thing he has ever complained about this round has been something he is infact doing this round. Make up your mind?~!?!?!

You must die for Wings
(He Wings)
I really wanted azzer to fix this problem, its a bad things, i'm glad he fixed it
(We got the idea from you!!!!)

So are you for wings? or against
and
are you for the fix? or against

because you've mastered the art of contradiction
You really should get your facts straight before you try to accuse others, you can go on this personal crusade of yours for as long as you like but know that it will not increase peoples respect towards you, twisting the things for your benefit is actually worse than misundesrtanding what I say. Thank you.

1. I made wings ONLY because twigley had 3 wings. Making me hypocrite how? Hell yes I dislike winging in a way Twigleys group did it with current playerbase. Yet if I am forced to fight against 3 alliances I rather do it with two than with one.

2. If there is some loophole in the system I ALWAYS notice Azzer of it. It still doesnt make me hypocrite to use that loophole as long as it exists. I would only be stupid not to use it where others would. Isnt it best I can do to the situation to notify Azzer? After that I have done my best to that thing and if I wouldnt use it then I would only give others advantage over me and be nothing else but stupid.

Where is the hypocrisy here? I am against wings and I am againt loopholes. It doesnt mean I couldnt be forced to use both if I see those to be my only option to compete with others.

The contradiction is only in your head as my way to work is very logical, I have always explained myself and my doings if I am asked and many of others seem to understand these things very well.

I wish you from now on contact me in PM or make separate thread, if you have something personal towards me, instead of making offtopic posts of the thing to threads where my doings are not the topic but something else is.

lulzuzluzluzlululzulzulzuz
way to be strong in your belief

hyp⋅o⋅crite
   /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

So you say you have beliefs against these things yet you do them, the definition does not say "unless forced into doing so" because you can not be forced into anything... War? Huh? didn't wing up, or Member Swap, neither did chance.

why were you "forced" to do it but they weren't and in case you haven't seen the ally rankings *shh* they're ahead of you?. so i guess their whole sticking to their morals and playing righteously is working better than your saying one thing do another because you were "forced" you make me smile, please never go away.

Jase

Harvester
Notice how the crying fox as posted most on this thread??

Whats happened has happened, just one more thing to the whiners and criers to be happy about, yeah we got hit bad last night through the confusion of what happened and everyone panicked but now... well see for yourselves :)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

lulzuzluzluzlululzulzulzuz
way to be strong in your belief

hyp⋅o⋅crite
   /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

So you say you have beliefs against these things yet you do them, the definition does not say "unless forced into doing so" because you can not be forced into anything... War? Huh? didn't wing up, or Member Swap, neither did chance.

why were you "forced" to do it but they weren't and in case you haven't seen the ally rankings *shh* they're ahead of you?. so i guess their whole sticking to their morals and playing righteously is working better than your saying one thing do another because you were "forced" you make me smile, please never go away.
I still say to you that this is not the gripe of BW thread and your stuff is completely offtopic. Coming from alliance that is whining and cheating I think it is very hilarious that you try to accuse others of anything.

Using some tactic and not liking it is not same as me seaying I wouldnt ever use such tactic but still using it. You really should learn the difference here. I have never said that I wouldnt wing if I see it is a must/ I am driven to it. As I said get your facts straight. I have said I dont like wing stuff on game of this few players, but I was forced to wing due what TBA did. Theres no hypocrisy there. As disliking and doing is not same as saying not doing and still doing.

So either:
A. Piss off from making personal gripes of me in threads where they dont belong, as you people are worst hypocritics on this round and on top of that you are cheaters too.

B. Piss off and let me play my game and you play your game, I have not participated to any resistances or anything so why the smeg you want to piss me off? You dont think you have enought competition on current resistance but need more challenge? Cause if you really beg for it you also will eventually get what you ask for.

Decision is yours.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
yup we're 60 mindless noobs that exploit loopholes, black holes and god knows what...... buhuh cheaters.

crying_fox%20link.png

Lolololol... I am just speaking the truth, but it seems to hurt you too much I guess. The fact that you cannot bring nothing constructive to the conversation and decide to flame me instead, just proves that I am right (like anyone doubts that) ;)

Also, I am not the one that started this thread. I am not the one that started crying when Azzer sent his troops to punish the cheaters.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why does the adming have to interfere so may times. I will give you a small hint.http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27719#post27719

alexx

Harvester

crying_fox%20link.png

Lolololol... I am just speaking the truth, but it seems to hurt you too much I guess. The fact that you cannot bring nothing constructive to the conversation and decide to flame me instead, just proves that I am right (like anyone doubts that) ;)

Also, I am not the one that started this thread. I am not the one that started crying when Azzer sent his troops to punish the cheaters.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why does the adming have to interfere so may times. I will give you a small hint.

yepp u are, now stop crying , we did. Makes me sad to see u cry so much.

Post moderated by: DA
Reason: Trolling

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

crying_fox%20link.png

Perhaps you should ask yourself why does the adming have to interfere so may times. I will give you a small hint.

yepp u are, now stop crying , we did. Makes me sad to see u cry so much.

InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

Post moderated by DA:
Reason: Spam

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

War? Huh? never did such things.

Last edited:

Davis

Tree Surgeon

War? Huh? never did such things.

Re-Read, i said you didn't

I still say to you that this is not the gripe of BW thread and your stuff is completely offtopic. Coming from alliance that is whining and cheating I think it is very hilarious that you try to accuse others of anything.

From that statement i'm guessing that you don't endorse your own alliance? because you said the people that do these things are cheaters. yet you do it? so i guess you think your own ally is a joke and you're full of cheaters who swap around even though you tell them not to?

or you're indeed too a "cheater" and while you sit here and accuse us of it you are further proving my fact that you are a Hypocrite...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
From that statement i'm guessing that you don't endorse your own alliance? because you said the people that do these things are cheaters. yet you do it? so i guess you think your own ally is a joke and you're full of cheaters who swap around even though you tell them not to?

or you're indeed too a "cheater" and while you sit here and accuse us of it you are further proving my fact that you are a Hypocrite...
Whatta f.... No your alliances got caught of breaking EULA by mutually agreement attacking ordered by leadership. That is what I call cheating as EULA is very strict about it.

Abusing some loophole is not cheating, breaking EULA is. As I said get your facts straight your yet again talking crap.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
As someone completely neutral in this (my solo acct is rank 650+ or so lol) i have to say why the hatred of Blackwolf?? Lets fully examine what hes done.

He noticed a bug in being able to switch alliances that after notifying an admin about and knowing that its legally allowable to use it till its fixed he proceeds to use it. - is this morally right? is it a cause for gripe? or even to be taken off topic about in one?

Simply put to defend himself against a tactic (the powerblock) that he hates he uses all the means at his disposal. That is the sign of a good leader, to flourish in a wargame especially when faced with superior numbers 60 vs 20 requires you to use every tool at your disposal

The reasons this does not make him a hypocrite are fairly self explanatory he disagrees with the tactic but understands to combat in (his eyes) a greater evil he must use it.

As to the main gripe pffft come on even if it was 'good timing' (and god knows ive been involved in enough Azzer conspiracy stores to last me a lifetime) you were doing something that you knew was a loophole and could be closed at any time always plan for the worst that way you can never be dissapointed...............

Seriously this did happen at a harsh time but tbh theres enough good players in these alliances to still romp the round with a core group of 60 players and a healthy lead isnt there?

ViVi

Pruner
If you disagree with something, don't then go and exploit it. Otherwise yes, it does make you a hypocrite.

Having found an exploit and then proceeding to use it because "It's a war game and TBA are power blocking" isn't a valid excuse to abuse something you've "reported to the admin."

I personally couldn't care less about this change or how it has inconvenienced TBA, I just get annoyed that the people that are giving the biggest amount of stick over it are the people that exploited it more than anyone else and then can't bring themselves to just accept they were out of line.