• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nanobots

timtadams

Landscape Designer
All you would have to do is multiply troops by 1.001 each tick or something. But if its too hard to implement, then ofc, dont bother

But on being worthwhile, up their stats at the same time. But not too much. For example what you said could be fine but have that self replication there at the same time. Like i said, it would be more for 'fun' (thats what games are for right?) to make it a little more interesting. The idea is that the self replication not be too worthwhile so it doesnt impact on score ect much

*1.001 per tick = *1.15 per day = *7.08 per fortnight.

We'd only ever see Stunbots win the round in this case. Just buy a few hundred mil Nanobots, let them replicate for a few weeks and you've won!

Ok, you mass nanobots, and when you get zeroed by a robo/striker/SA/dragon/rpg dont blame me ;)

In all seriousness though, i guess this could be a problem if one person in the top alliance does this and that top alliance is extremely good at defending, in which case these players are going to win anyway. So then lower the conversion rate by a factor of 10 or something....

soooo:

*1.0001 per tick = *1.015 per day = *1.22 per fortnight

which is pretty pathetic
so lets work backwards. Let the rate be maybe equal to *2.5 per fortnight. Its a good rate if you manage to fend of potential attackers. Dont forget the bigger you get the more likely you will be attacked.

so say x^2016 = 2.5
(2016 being the number of ticks in a fortnight)

thus x = 2016√2.5 = 1.000455

and that can be your conversion factor

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
perhaps (in sum math terms, alci will be oblidged to correct me if im wrong, just tickling my brain) instead of having the second derivative of as a constant f"(t)=0 as f'(t)=x%, then we have it so that the curve after reaching a certain amount, say 10m,the rate of change starts to decrease so the rate of change decrease after a while,

but really if it to much difficulty dont do it
and dam you alci for getting in the last words

SDs FTW!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Atm the only thing I've seen nanobots worth flakking is against strikers. Strikers don't do enough HD to kill them. Harriers slaughters them, and they're not worth it against RPG. This is of course results from BRs with only one route. I fear that if you add defence from another route, say SO or Thug you'd find yourself having a much worse rate.

They need to be made slightly cheaper, and have more HP to be viable, imo.

Souls

Official Helper
They did an alright job flakking when I tested it in the PW, but their cost doesn't really make up for it. If it's a unit meant to convert, let them actually do something or up the conversion ratio (see: zombies). If they're meant to flak CWs, then let them be able to do that. :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Change it from:

Nanobot [£42,000]
Class: LET
Attack type: Converts [close]
Targets: LET/NLD/NLT
Stats: **/****/**/*
ETA: 5
Initiative: 565

to:

Nanobot [£45,000]
Attack type: Converts [r/c]
Targets: LET/NLD/INN
Stats: ***/****/**/*

...and up its conversion rate to like 50% (just a random number, this would depend on the type of ratios it could get) of units killed (cost based, and ofc adjusted by a factor so that it would still be balanced)

...and have that not too useless but cool self replicating idea of 1.000455* per tick if not too hard

It doesnt have to be hard and fast, Azzer can try one set of possibilities next round, and then maybe adjust it again if necessary.

Max

Garden Designer
As I have mentioned in a thread about this before, simply give Nanobots the health that Cyborg Soldiers had.

Even if this happened I still think that Cyborg Soldiers are a better unit, however, if the Nanobot is here to stay the least we can do is give them health. Then you can use them as great flak for armoured units, making them units worth buying for a change :D

Also, we all know that the Borg are part-biological, so MORE HEALTH FOR NANOBOTS! :)

Turnip2k

Harvester
This may make them odd, but I was thinking to make the nanobots weaker individually, but much cheaper. They would act as a relatively low cost, self replicating flak :

Nanobot [£25,000] ish?
Attack type: Converts [r/c]
Targets: INN/LET/NLD or ALL / INN / LET
Stats: ** or ***/**/*/*

The point is, that we would get a different version of flakking to what the sheilds provide. You would get better protection for your CW / TD numerically, but at the cost of survivablity - so if the enemy is still going strong into the second tick, you will be taking more losses than a shields player, whereas on the first tick, you will be quite a bit better off damage done wise than a shields player.

They will need to come out tier 2 - so you can rack up some easy early conversions on gardies and basics.

The main twiddle factor will be the firepower and conversion rate - you don't want to make these things too easy to replicate, or it will give the robo route a huge advantage.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Aye I like Turnip's suggestion. Cheap mass flak! Not self replicating I hope, but conversion style like Zombies.