• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Message - ignoring -list

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
I think it should be public for all players who have them on ignore, and who have "friends only" activated. It's pretty frustrating say using 3 minutes on a message to someone who is a tick behind you on a target, to ask what they sent, whether they plan to stay on target etc., just to have the message bounce. As for those with ignore on... I always makes it a point of honour to try and kill them as often as possible, and that is a bit unfair if the poor sod is just misguided and have friends only on. ;)

In the same vein, I think it should always be possible to reply to any message you receive, regardless of whether the pther have ignore or friend only on.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I guess I don't see any real problem with stating whether you personally are ignored, or whether they simply have friends only on and you aren't in their friends...

Matt

Harvester
I think it should be public for all players who have them on ignore, and who have "friends only" activated. It's pretty frustrating say using 3 minutes on a message to someone who is a tick behind you on a target, to ask what they sent, whether they plan to stay on target etc., just to have the message bounce. As for those with ignore on... I always makes it a point of honour to try and kill them as often as possible, and that is a bit unfair if the poor sod is just misguided and have friends only on. ;)

In the same vein, I think it should always be possible to reply to any message you receive, regardless of whether the pther have ignore or friend only on.

I agree with this, i also agree with the point, if someone puts you on ignore if they then mail you you should be allowed to mail back.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Agreed.

On the subject of this i'd like a confirmation button when adding someone to ignore (or at least move the button)...I keep putting people on ignore when trying to hit "Spy".

cb1202

Head Gardener
Agreed.

On the subject of this i'd like a confirmation button when adding someone to ignore (or at least move the button)...I keep putting people on ignore when trying to hit "Spy".

I just realized I had like 6 people on ignore for this very reason. I think maybe a confirm ignore would work?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I agree with this, i also agree with the point, if someone puts you on ignore if they then mail you you should be allowed to mail back.
Yes, but within a certain time frame, maybe a couple of ticks? or even a day...not too sure on how long...
Agreed.

I just realized I had like 6 people on ignore for this very reason. I think maybe a confirm ignore would work?

Definitely. I thought the same.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Agreed. We need a confirm button Azzman!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
None of your realise that me making you all ignore eachother accidentally is part of a far larger, more sinister plan... MUHHAHAHAHA!

But yes, I'll try and re-organise that button somewhere safer, or just add a confirm if not ;) (I rather re-position it somewhere sensible - like with the recall button on mobs, I don't like forcing people to confirm their actions if it's possible to!)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Javascript confirm() for the proverbial win.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
So hideous!
SO'S YOUR FACE!

Maybe colour it red instead so it stands out a bit? Do the same that was done with the military page for Recall/details links...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
So hideous!
SO'S YOUR FACE!

Maybe colour it red instead so it stands out a bit? Do the same that was done with the military page for Recall/details links...

Nah, its not that i dont see it...Its that its too close so i accidentily click/hit it when going for the spy button.

So moving it down an inch would work...or just somewhere else!
x

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So hideous!
SO'S YOUR FACE!

Nah, its not that i dont see it...Its that its too close so i accidentily click/hit it when going for the spy button.

So moving it down an inch would work...or just somewhere else!
x

yeah, thats how i accidentally hit it :p Going for the spy