• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

{Meaby} A solution for future powerblocks

Wouter

Pruner
Ok, I have also done some thinking on the powerblock problem
I assume the big strength of the (current) powerblock is the big numbers of players. I want to solve this by creating some kind of gouverment defence for allied players, so if you are in rank 5 ally, and 5 members from the rank 1 ally all come at your place to wave you, you get some SAS help. The littler the ally that is getting hit, the quicker they get SAS (when they get hit by really high ranked allys). That way people have to go 1:1 or 2:1 when attacking allys, which makes fights way more fair. When getting hit by about equal attackers, you'll have no chance for Gouverment Defence. This isn't the same as solo AR, since you don't build up AR% when getting killed/losing troops. There is just a maximum attacking score possible at one target which is variable to the target ally's rank and the target's score.

I know this reduces the difference between solo and allied playing a very little bit, but I think it makes the come more fun and fair since only bashing players who come with quite some people at the same time, the so called 'powerblock noobs', get hindered.

This system would start an X-amount of ticks after round start, because otherwise the gouverment troops would ruin all the flak wars fun...

This is just a rough explanation of my idea, I hope for some good questions and input

Greetz
Wouter|offs

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
[17:56:39] <Alci|HL> Alliances shouldn't get AR
[17:56:43] <Alci|HL> full stop.
[17:56:44] <Wouter|offs> I am just trying to give an idea to prevent powerblocking
[17:56:51] <Alci|HL> that won't prevent powerblocking
[17:56:54] <Alci|HL> it just prevents massing of alliances
[17:57:02] <Alci|HL> the problem this round isn't even so much in the powerblock
[17:57:07] <Alci|HL> that would've been fine
[17:57:11] <Alci|HL> the problem is that they won't turn on each other
[17:57:22] <Alci|HL> so they've stagnated gameplay at a lower level than other 'normal' rounds

i don't like the idea of Alliances getting AR, it just seems so wrong to me. Simply because people are incapable of defending against bashes, doesn't mean they should be given stronger protections. Also this would probably just make people hit the target a few ticks apart, which actually makes it harder to defend, and would encourage a more spaced out form of attacking. While this may well be something we want to encourage, it's going to make defence in a smaller alliance utterly impossible. For a bash, if you can pile up enough fake/real to at least force some doubt into the mind of the attackers as to their overwhelming success, you might force a recall. If you force the opponents to spread out, and attack more evenly, and to space their attacks 3 ticks apart, the defenders are in a lot of trouble; especially in a small alliance.

i've been on the receiving end of more bashes than i care to remember, and bouncing back is part of the game, as is the part where you inflict as much damage as possible on your enemies to make them wish they'd never tried to hit you.

That was part of WH's tactic this round when the TBA members came at us, we knew we'd never (or almost never) stop all the landloss, and some people were going to die, but if we could make the land as expensive as possible, they would prefer to hit other targets; mainly Chance. This is an example from this round only, but it works quite well to illustrate a point.

Big huge no no to AR for alliances.

EDIT: You already get insurance, and injuries. You don't deserve AR.

Last edited:

Matthew

BANNED
If you dont like dying but want to play a "gardening" based game get this;

box_viva_pinata.jpg

You can breed fuzzlehogs and shiz.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Matthew, you can stick that picture somewhere sun doesn't shine.

As on topic, there was a huge discussion on this exact subject in the old forums. At first I was just like Alci, very against it. After a long loooong argument though, some people managed to persuade me (yes, your eyes are not lying to you) that the idea is not as bad as it looks.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
As on topic, there was a huge discussion on this exact subject in the old forums. At first I was just like Alci, very against it. After a long loooong argument though, some people managed to persuade me (yes, your eyes are not lying to you) that the idea is not as bad as it looks.

I sincerely wish that thread hadn't been deleted, it would've been useful right about now. And i remember being on the fence about Alliance AR, but i think we eventually discovered it was too damn hard to implement, or something like that.

Would be really nice to have those conclusions/arguments/reasons back tho :(

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Not saying anything about powerblocks, but can you imagine only being able to hit people 1:1 or 2:1 that are in alliances. It would make it so to hit a good alliance you HAVE to come in mass...but just spread over more ticks, which in a way i good i guess as it means you have to organise better and use more skill...but it would mean you could hardly ever attack alone and would promote mass attacks on alliances/bashing (once you finally get through, keep sending to get every possible acre!!!).

Imagine trying to hit War?Huh? alone, or with 2 people (or any ally, im just using this round as an example as they are very good) when the ally has the means to send 20 defensive mobs...

Aside from THAT i dont like the idea of ally AR at all.