McCain's VP pick

KISA

Weeder
Re: McCain's VP pick

She is blunt, outspoken and charming. And don't assume she can't stand toe-to-toe with Joe Biden. She is a great debater. And she was runner-up for the Miss Alaska title, won Miss Congeniality in that contest, and plays the flute.

What more do you need to know?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

She's a lot better looking than Mitt Romney, that's for sure.

My (other) thoughts:

- So much for putting the emphasis on experience, McCain.

- Can you imagine if President McCain kicked the bucket and she took over? That would certainly be...different.

- Politically it's a real smart move for McCain. He's clearly going right after the pissed off Hillary Clinton supporters. If he succeeds in stealing them from Obama, he wins.

KISA

Weeder

TheNamelessWonder said:
She's a lot better looking than Mitt Romney, that's for sure.

Have to agree. Also better looking than McCain!

TheNamelessWonder said:
My (other) thoughts:

- So much for putting the emphasis on experience, McCain.

- Can you imagine if President McCain kicked the bucket and she took over? That would certainly be...different.

- Politically it's a real smart move for McCain. He's clearly going right after the pissed off Hillary Clinton supporters. If he succeeds in stealing them from Obama, he wins.

So, experience in the president was the theme. You can argue if it was a good one, but to equate "The president must be experiened" with "the vp must be experienced" is a stretch. Though this seems to be the way the argument is shaping up....

"stealing"? It must be nice to own voters :(

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

He's just trying to get all men charmed into voting for him. :p

Seriously though, good call on the women voters.

DR4545

Pruner

McCain has gambled the national security of America by choosing a running mate based on helping him win the election instead of qualification to run the country. The single critical qualification for any vice president is the ability to be the President of the United States. McCain will be 80 by the end of a second term. If he becomes unable to lead during his terms due to illness or death, Sarah Palin will become the next President.

She has the experience of being a mayor and one year as governor. The question is, do voters feel comfortable having a gun-toting pro-life sports reporter who doesn't have a single day of experience in Washington running the country? Is a hard-line conservative going to be any good at reaching across party lines to achieve the reform she promises?

I predict this will prove to be a cheap move to energize the conservative base and pander for Hillary's votes.

Lyda Green, (Republican) President of Alaska's State Senate:
she's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president? Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?
Faye Palin, Gov. Palin's Mother in Law:
I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative. Well, she's a better speaker than McCain.
Sarah Palin (THE Sarah Palin): [link]
As for that VP talk all the time, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me. What is it exactly that the VP does
We'll have to wait and see what the media finds out about our potential President. Right now they and the Republicans don't know much about her.

What we do know for sure is that she believes global warming is not man-made, opposes polar bears being listed as a threatened species, and her opinion on the death penalty is "My goodness, hang 'em up, yeah." She wants to drill for oil in ANWR and her husband works for BP.

Illumination

Head Gardener

Son's g/f ;)

That shouldnt matter though, and even Barack didnt take advantage of that one. He said they would keep the families out of it and focus on the politics:)