Low rank One

Max

Garden Designer
I remember Zaheen had a little battle between Rexes and Gargantuas in a PW :D

Outcome - Gargantuas pwned. Twice the damage output, fire over two ticks, and only cost 33% more ;) My mass Rexes barely made a dent in them :(

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
the difference is that you can't buy straight gargs, you have to inflate score with buying scraps then last ticking someone in the hopes they are n0c0esque and allow you to build 600k+ gargs.

with rexes you can just purchase and keep purchasing. you can't ensure that you can have gargs.

rexes > gargs.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Sure, getting Gargs is a slow process, but once you get them..
They are much harder to kill.. And its not that hard to build up on gargs, a dedicated player could take a week farming them to get 1m. 1m Gargs is insane if it fires.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
over that same week i could probably sit back and buy 3 or 4:1 rexes over gargs. :/

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Sure, getting Gargs is a slow process, but once you get them..
They are much harder to kill.. And its not that hard to build up on gargs, a dedicated player could take a week farming them to get 1m. 1m Gargs is insane if it fires.

If I was in a rank 2-4 ally, I'd have Scraps this round. If not I'd get T-Rex.

There's no one is better than the other. However if you're a good player T-Rex pwn as you can buy them as you grow ;D

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Martin's summed it up, it's horses for courses :p

But yeah, gargantua firepower is obscene, because they're hard to come by :p They're also tougher than rexes by quite a bit, but again, they're that much harder to get.

I'm firmly in the gargantua camp though, as i've had alot of fun with them in the past :>

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Martin's summed it up, it's horses for courses :p

But yeah, gargantua firepower is obscene, because they're hard to come by :p They're also tougher than rexes by quite a bit, but again, they're that much harder to get.

I'm firmly in the gargantua camp though, as i've had alot of fun with them in the past :>

I'm in the same place, despite being Rexes 3 times - This is the first time I've ever really used Gargantuas, and they're proving to be absolutely awesome. I definitely rate them far higher than Rexes IF you have the patience/activity to get the byproduct with hard work.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
We've gone off topic somewhat, but I would like to bring it back to the original post as flameharveter PMed me dissapointed with my reply (unsure why a PM was more appropriate than replying to the thread originally created, but many things escape me).

flameharvester said:
So this round I am seeing something a little different from rank 1.

There score is being kept artificially low through donations and suicide attacks, low enough the bottom 10 always have targets. This has created an odd situation where LC/DW/SC are being forced to keep there scores low or face mass inc from rank 1.

Just wondering how people fell about this?

Personally I am finding that this is leaving me often bored as before we suicided to give ourselves a couple days off, we had to stay home against HQ constantly, We cant initiate a proper war for rank 2, we cant go BH or annoy rank 1 ^^. To me this is the most boring round I have played in quite a while, With HW's artificially low score a resistance could take them, but if there was the activity/will for a resistance HW wouldn't have won in the first place.

tl:dr, Is having rank 1 lower just killing the game through bashing on rank 2/3/4, or opening up more opportunities for the player-base to mix things up.

....what utter horsesh*te... you're bored because you have to defend? That totally invalidates everything else in your post - ignoring the fact that that's all crap too.

Not that I wish to tempt fate, but we have plenty of players with a very small amount of troops and not one Thief has tried to rush for their land. You give the alliance no reason to grow.

On another note, if we grew and you lot got bigger, Chewy & Jason's T-Rex might stop making it to last tick on their suicide runs if you lot get more troops. THAT'S bad for the playerbase.

I understand you obviously struggle with reading, but if your going to call my opinion horse **** post your "facts" based on what I actually say!

I did not say I am bored because I have to defend, I love to defend. I am bored because they never stay. On the other hand I can never send out to do anything!

The title of the PM being "please attempt to read before replying".

I then went back to the original post and re-read it... however, I will address the points in turn.

1. I can read, I can also write.
2. You're*
3. What facts? You post an opinion and ask for others. I post mine in return. In this instance you can't create facts without doing a survey or questionnaire for the whole playerbase to see, in quantifiable terms what they feel (ratings from 1-10 for example).
4. You didn't specify you being bored because HW never stay - you infact make reference to suicide attacks, which suggest the total opposite?
5. Reply to your own thread on response to posts - forum is for everyone to get involved.

As an additional I did skim past your point about being bored at home but I don't even think that point was mis-repressented in my original post.

Resorting to insulting quips about my personal inabilities is a person is a poor way to win an argument, however if you intend to use that please do it correctly. (I am ginger, pale, short, fat, unemployed, single and have a small willy).