Liverpool and Luis Suarez

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
After watching the game today and seeing Luis Suarez REFUSE Patrice Evra's handshake, I've lost all ground with him and the club.

Not only does he cheat at the World Cup and receive major negative talking points/publicity but he also racially abuses someone from the clubs rival then refuses to end the saga and play football like they're paid to do. I mean Alex Ferguson made a point in the post match interview stating how Liverpool should 'sell him' or as he literally put it "get rid of him".

Disgusting behaviour. Damaged club.

Kick Racism Out Of Football.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
He refused his handshake? o.0

Because Evra was the one in the wrong and everything...

The sad thing is that "King Kenny" will probably continue to defend him despite overwhelming, repetitive evidence that he is a slimy little *****. Managers will do anything to keep hold of their best players.

Liverpool have turned this whole thing from a faux pas to a massive PR disaster.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
That's a pretty retarded statement. Suarez has the freedom to choose whether to shake someone's hand or not. Evra's behaviour on the other hand was just childish (you can't force someone to acknowledge you). It's also pretty stupid to say that Suarez cheated at the world cup, because every single player at the tournament would've done the same (Harry Kewell even did it - yet noone seems to talk about that). Evra attacking Suarez at half time was proper behaviour I guess? (Let's not forget Evra's doings at the same world cup). Also I don't see you talking about Rio (nice assist) not shaking Suarez's hand.

Ok.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand. Big deal. Get over it. It's a handshake. They dont like each other so i don't see why Suarez can't keep his head down.

* Evra grabs hold of Suarez's arm to make him shake his hand.
* Rio didn't shake Suarez's hand.
* Evra went after Suarez at half time.
* Evra's actions at the end were just to infuriate Suarez. Not really good sportsmanship either. Childish.

So Evra (The guy who disgraced his entire country at the world cup don't forget) and Rio (A drug cheat) clearly were fine and have sqeaky clean pasts and we should all talk about how Suarez has disgraced himself.

They are all just as bad as each other ...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I didn't see the game, so this thread was the first I'd heard of it. Nothing was mentioned about any of that.

However, I'll try and answer your points.

Firstly, sure, it is his right to not shake someone's hand. It would've been a way to try and put all this nonsense to bed, which he decided wasn't worth it. He'd much rather carry on with his burning martyr act, as if this isn't all of his own doing.

Evra tried to make him shake his hand? Sounds retarded tbh, but is it possible he was doing it to try and put an end to the nonsense and defuse the situation?

Rio refused Suarez's handshake? Sounds understandable since Suarez is the one who was banned for racist remarks and has made no attempt to apologise.

So Evra wasn't very sportsmanlike at the end of the game? I think Suarez may have voided any right to sportsmanlike behaviour long before this game finished.

Rio was banned like 6 years ago or something, so it is hardly current events. Evra was not the only player in the French squad to mutiny, and tbf it was pretty reasonable since their manager was a complete ****tard.

Elevnos

BANNED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1A4N3h5olE

First video that came up when I searched for it :p

Suarez, for a start, did not believe that he racially abused Evra. Therefore if Evra gets him banned for eight games and Suarez doesn't think he's done something wrong, then he will not be especially fond of Evra. There's no rules saying he has to shake somebody's hand (although watching that you'll see Evra thinks otherwise!) and he simply ignored it and went onto the next player.

At the end of the match Evra ran in front of/around Suarez celebrating and clapping to the fans, clearly to annoy him.

I think it's just all been blown ridiculously out of proportion. Evra even stated that he 'doesn't think Suarez is a racist'. So the fact that he went to court about him being one seems a bit silly to me.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Mario Balotelli : If I was in Suarez's boots and got banned for 8 games for something I didn't do, I wouldn't shake Evra's hand either.

Jamie Redknapp : If you're walking down the street and you see someone you dont like, you dont shake their hand.

Kenny Dalglish : If someone said I was racist and I knew full heartedly that I certanly wasn't, then I wouldn't shake their hand.

Gary Neville : If you don't like the man, dont shake his hand.

Atlantis

Pruner
Those two were never going to shake hands after what has gone on so why didnt the FA instruct Man U & Liverpool to not do the handshake like they did with QPR & Chelsea?

All a bit childish really

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Those two were never going to shake hands after what has gone on so why didnt the FA instruct Man U & Liverpool to not do the handshake like they did with QPR & Chelsea?

All a bit childish really

With the managers saying they were, the build up and preperation saying they were, I thought they would and the best way (while the world is watching) to clear the air.

Plus, if I don't like this guy walking down the street, decide to walk to the police station and tell them I was racially abused and they convicted him of racial abuse based entirely on my say so...it won't happen. You can't charge someone of an act without hard evidence. Slap me if it was just Evra in the room crying because he just says he was racially abused.

Rio wouldn't shake his hand either:

1. Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand before him
2. Rio is part of an anti racism organisation and does his part to kick it out so well done Rio.

Funny how Liverpool fans continue to back a racist. Worst how you boo a victim and cheer the culprit. Tell you what, let's wait for the Chelsea fans make the next thread for the Anton Ferdinand/John Terry case should the Chelsea man be charged with the same.

Atlantis

Pruner
Hold on a second, you condone Suarez for refusing to shake Evras hand but praise Rio for doing the same to Suarez? Im guessing you are a Man Utd fan?

Im a fan of neither club and from a solitary neutral perspective BOTH players were bang out of order. Suarez was found GUILTY of racism, served his time (8 matches, hardly "time" but thats another subject - way too short for racism in my opinion) and Evra offered him his hand - he should have taken it. Rio then refused simply because he saw what Suarez did, but whats its got to do with him anyway? This is a personal matter now between Evra and Suarez, nobody else. Rio is club captain if im not mistaken (i probably am) and he should lead by example.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Oh shut the **** up, Hamilron. Isn't about time you stopped calling Suarez a racist, after Evra's opening statement to the FA was that he thought Suarez was not racist? And applauding Rio's actions is just hilarious... as if he's the only one involved with an anti-racism organisation. Stop treating Evra like ****ing Martin Luther King, because he didn't exactly handle the situation in the most professional way. I do agree that Suarez was wrong not to shake Evra's hand, but you're being an ignorant retard if you're saying that Suarez(whose grandfather was black) is "a racist" for calling Evra something that's not considered a derogatory term in the entire spanish speaking world. Also Suarez has over 50 caps for his national side(where there are black players), he captained the Ajax side(where there are black players) for quite a while, and he's playing in Liverpool(where there are black players). He's never had any racial conflicts in those teams, and you don't just turn racist overnight.

And yes, the FA did not have any evidence and acted only on Evra's word (read the club's statement - I doubt they're making stuff up) - you won't find any video material of Suarez calling Evra "negrito", while you will find thousands of videos of John Terry calling Anton Ferdinand a "black ****"... which is pretty clear evidence imo, yet the FA have done **** all about that, except strip him from the captaincy.

To wrap this up I want to say that racist issues have been taken way too seriously. Racism is racial prejudice, using offensive racial stereotypes or not treating "coloured" people as your equal. Imo, if you call someone black, and he is black, that's not racism - that's the truth. By calling someone black you're not saying that they should be your slaves, or that they're unevolved monkeys, or that they love KFC very much. Black people need to end this drama and stop acting as if everything in the world is racially abusive to them.

Last edited:

Elevnos

BANNED
If someone black said it to someone who wansn't, they wouldn't go whining about it, and anybody they told wouldn't take it seriously anyways. Why should it be any different the other way around?

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Oh shut the **** up, Hamilron.

Lame.

And applauding Rio's actions is just hilarious... as if he's the only one involved with an anti-racism organisation.

Applauding it? No. It's not the [id]best[/i] way to go about it but if someone who was guilty of racism refused to sweep the issue under the carpet when the handshake saga pre game was agreed and offered, why not just accept it and get the racism issue out the way and let the football do the talking?

...but you're being an ignorant retard if you're saying that Suarez(whose grandfather was black) is "a racist" for calling Evra something that's not considered a derogatory term in the entire spanish speaking world.

Aggressive again...lame. Just because his grandfather is black, doesn't mean he can't be racist. I've seen it all in real life. My friend got done for racism, yet his Mum and Dad are black. He is who he is.

And yes, the FA did not have any evidence and acted only on Evra's word (read the club's statement - I doubt they're making stuff up)

Ok then. Shouldn't Liverpool have appealed against that then? Taken it to the High Court or whatever? That's not justice if you're found guilty of an act you "didn't" commit it.

Oh Alevo, look at my picture by my name...you'd be surprised to see I'm NOT a Man Utd fan...I support WBA. A club with a player who was also racially abused by his previous clubs' fans.

NB. Evra is the Man Utd captain ;)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You do realise you only quoted a third of my post, and didn't even address everything in those quotes?

Hamilton said:
Applauding it? No.
Hamilton said:
well done Rio.

PS: it's not aggressive when I'm saying you're a retard if [something]

Elevnos

BANNED
Oh Alevo, look at my picture by my name...you'd be surprised to see I'm NOT a Man Utd fan...I support WBA. A club with a player who was also racially abused by his previous clubs' fans.

It's called selective reading, you only want to notice the bits that you actually can argue about because you know you're wrong on the rest of them, things like this happen when you don't even pay enough attention to what you're reading to realise that it wasn't even me who said that. Nice one.

If I recall correctly, Liverpool are not allowed to take the matter to court because it has to be dealt with internally by the FA. I may be wrong though.

Atlantis

Pruner
It was me who said that, maybe you are a secret man utd fan in disguise?

:silly:

Go Wolves!

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Quote: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologised for not shaking Patrice Evra's hand before Saturday's game at Old Trafford. Suarez told Liverpool's website: "I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."