L/F and Bounty then Vs L/F Bounty Now.

L/F and Bounty then Vs L/F Bounty Now.

• No l/f, personal bounty as it is now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Just curious what players consider to be the better system. Please only refere to the actual code put in practice without adding "that system with a bit of tweaks is better" as both of the alternatives could have been improved and that's not the point.

wrath

Pruner
Re: Boobies

the new system is exploitable

the old system had its problems

it took me 4 accounts before i understood it then it got removed lol

Mysterious

Harvester

It's true, the new system is exploitable. Anyone ever tried sending one hippy to test out traps? Say the spikes kill it. You get a bounty on that person. It may be something ~30-50% at any early point in the round, which is kind of useful if you have a fast teching LET route. Later on, it may become 10% or 0%, but just showing an example of how it can be exploited.

Personally, I just prefer the new system because I can't get a red title therefore, I don't have to look out for l/f, therefore I won't get bounty hunted and safer and less calls. I'm just lazy nowadays, which is probably the reason why I like the new system.

Charlie_B

Harvester

It's a slightly unfair question as the l/f system had many rounds to be tweaked and improved, whereas the current system has only been finalised for a couple of weeks. Given that the new system has lots of potential where the old system failed to satisfy enough people after many rounds of attempts, i'll go for the new one.

Turnip2k

Harvester

I agree with fred on the personal bounty issue. I have had several occasions where I flakked through a person and stole land off them - but due to them killing my flak, they got a 75% bounty on their head. I waited for the AR mod to drop from the previous land hit, then zero them and steal another chunk of land. Rinse and repeat on many players.

I would suggest that it is changed to being damage done when defending yourself or someone else, not when attacking. Also, the bounty should be a bit more balanced over routes - a robo doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a bounty off an rpg or striker, and there are many other examples. I suggest that the injury rate of your troops when attacking someone you have a bounty on is set at 100% (or somthing very high) to allow the person to smite the wrongdoer! Obviously this will be massively exploitable if you can get bounty by losing staff when attacking someone - so to use this you are really going to have to make bounty only gainable in defense.

As it stands, the old system was better - however I think the new system can become more effective with some more tweaking.

Also on a side note, I have found riot police AR to be very expliotable. Due to the fact they stun, you can tailor your flak mob to die sufficently on the first two ticks that its score drops below AR and the riots/police recall. This means even though you are sending overwhelming unstoppable mobs initally, the AR leaves for last tick. This really doesn't make sense - if the mob was found to be too big at the start then why, because you kill some of it, does it suddenly become manageable? Once an AR mob arrives, it should STAY - regardless of losses to the attacking mob! If its big enough to trigger when the defender has 3 ticks to shoot at it, its still too big at the last tick when its been shot at for 2 ticks. I have managed to sucessfuly get past AR on several occasions by considering losses on the first two ticks, and making sure the remaining staff on the last tick was small enough to get past AR and still land.

Mysterious

Harvester

Oh yeah, something else that is also a slight problem, as Turnip says, it may be more sensible to change the system so that it only counts damage done to the attacker when you are attacking them back.

I've been hit a few times now where they've killed a substantial amount of stuff at range, but because I have been online, I buy up last tick on spike traps and it counts as damage done to them, BUT I don't gain any bounty from it due to me doing more damage to them than they did to me at range (Me and my superb pnap blocking everything after the spikes so that hardly any LETs fire). Hence, I get no "Bounty %" against that target.

It probably comes from the fact that "Enemies" are calculated up to 8-10 hours after the initial attack, but I would just like it clarified as to whether it's meant to be like this, or whether it needs slight tweaking.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Mysterious said:
It's true, the new system is exploitable. Anyone ever tried sending one hippy to test out traps? Say the spikes kill it. You get a bounty on that person. It may be something ~30-50% at any early point in the round, which is kind of useful if you have a fast teching LET route. Later on, it may become 10% or 0%, but just showing an example of how it can be exploited.

Personally, I just prefer the new system because I can't get a red title therefore, I don't have to look out for l/f, therefore I won't get bounty hunted and safer and less calls. I'm just lazy nowadays, which is probably the reason why I like the new system.

i always though you can only claim back bounty of damge equal to or less than the amount sustained. so in this example you send 1 gardener worth 2,200. he dies. the max bounty you can claim back is only 2,200

or maybe even less depending how it works 0.70*2,200

but i prefer it like this. if some one really screws you then you can get them back you have incentive to want them dead. and you get rewarded. the value of your troops back as cash. thats pretty damn good. the old system. any one can claim any bounty. no one has personal vendettas.

the system how it is now is better in principle. and azzer is even considering the ability to sell a bounty i believe. or something similar. share a bounty? some suggestion some where he liked the idea

Turnip2k

Harvester

From my experience, the bounty sticks until you have done enough damage to make up for the damage they did to you. So if someone kills a few of your gardies and gets a 75% bounty you can wait a few weeks, kill tens of billions of their stuff in the first tick and get a 75% bounty for it. After that first tick, the bounty will be gone since you have done more damage to them than they did to you, but for that one tick you are quids in I think...

Mysterious

Harvester

Personal Enemies
Personal enemies are players that have done kill damage, bribe damage, or stolen land from you. This can include damage done to you while they attacked you, while you attacked them, or while they defended against you at another ID. Up to fifteen of your "worst" enemies will have a bounty placed upon them that can only be claimed by you, and once you have claimed as much (or more) bounty from them than you have received in equivalent damage from them (roughly), or have done more damage (through land or kills and bribes) to them by a majority than they have to you, their bounty will disappear (and so be listed as 0% bounty even if they are still your largest enemy). Damage done/land stolen data can take anywhere from six to ten hours to be updated from when attacks actually take place. Also note that if you have done damage to a player but they have never done damage back to you, then they will not appear here.

I believe you can claim more bounty than they have caused damage-wise to you, from this statement.

Also, something else:

6 xxxx Rather CrudeName 0 1,851,852 59 45,351,512 0 0 24th Mar 16:10 673,165 36%

I believe I have claimed more damage than they have caused me, yet I still have a bounty. I'm not sure whether it would be different for bribes, as it is in this case. And they have also stolen a measly 59 land which I would assume not to make much difference.

Rosa

Pruner

I really liked the red title bounty system, since I know the person who's been hitting me for the 60th time I can't kill, or else it wouldn't be his 60th time hitting me. With the old system I also know there will also be someone who'll destroy him a few days later because of his massive bounty. Unlike now, where I'll have a 75% bounty on someone but it'll be completely useless because I just can't kill his route, he's way too big for me or even his alliance is too good at defending.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Charlie_B said:
It's a slightly unfair question as the l/f system had many rounds to be tweaked and improved, whereas the current system has only been finalised for a couple of weeks.

That's not quite true. l/f system was in place for i don't quite know how many rounds and the current bounty and no l/f system is untouched since beggining of last round. So both systems can be considered as past the initial implementation point and both systems suffered about no change at all after they got put in. But as i said we don't discuss potential as both alternatives had potential. We are playing the no l/f & personal bounty that's in place atm, if improvements will be done we can open the topic again.

And cheers Bobbin, i tryed to advertize the tread a bit :D

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Re: L/F and Bounty then Vs L/F Bounty Now.

I prefer the current system

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Likewise, the only real plus point of the old system was the 'it makes people attack more' argument but tbh if we have to try to make people attack more in a bloody wargame i think its a player problem and not a game issue so new system ftw especially when your playing an imba ezzmode round

Charlie_B

Harvester

DarkSider said:
Charlie_B said:
It's a slightly unfair question as the l/f system had many rounds to be tweaked and improved, whereas the current system has only been finalised for a couple of weeks.

That's not quite true. l/f system was in place for i don't quite know how many rounds and the current bounty and no l/f system is untouched since beggining of last round. So both systems can be considered as past the initial implementation point and both systems suffered about no change at all after they got put in.

I'd argue that the landcap is an essential part of the replacement for l/f - without it there isn't enough disincentive to prevent bashing, which was the heart of the old system. I don't believe the new bounty system was ever intended to be considered in the isolation it appeared in last round. In just these two weeks that cap has already been tweaked a couple of times, and I doubt that's done yet.
There were massive changes to the old l/f system throughout it's life. Remember the special units? Negative fame? Making BH a 'main' rank? Not to mention numerous lesser tweaks such as l/f when you're offline, the levels required for titles, different bounty values for different units etc etc.

Reub

Pruner

I prefer the current system as I don't like being punished too harshly for your style of play. I believe that the new system is a positive step as you dont wake up every single day zeroed from a person who has the ubber skill of massing and rushing a certain unit at you which your weak against, killing you completely and recieving alot of cash for it.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Reub said:
I prefer the current system as I don't like being punished too harshly for your style of play.
Agreed. I much prefer the current "do something bad and your victim is compensated"-system rather than the old "don't bash or else"-system.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

That's not quite true Polo. You are reffering to injuries and we don't discuss those, i didn't posted those might be a bad addition to the game. Currently i see a lot of repeat attacking of very same weak target because there is nothing to prevent it and the victim doesn't get anything extra talking about bounty and l/f.
Imho old system without improvements was far better as it didn't punish you for repeat attacks or attacking at lowest range, but it gave incentive to others to do so :) Current system gives free hand against less active and unexperienced players to be attacked and killed as much as you please since you suffer no looses from it. Lower land caps or injuries doesn't bother at all somebody who is attacking for kills or bribes or even free land. I think in favour of no l/f are all those who have a good enough defence and don't have to worry about getting farmed too much and also those that don't have second objectives to acomplish, it's all about valuation to them.
And current personal bounty is too exploitable and in many cases useless.