• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Intelligence options

Ahead

Head Gardener
Agreed with the orginal suggestion.

Have it so you can still stockpile intel like before, but if you have 0 of any intel type at the time you hit "Send" it automatically takes the cost of the scan out of your funds (assuming you have enough ofc).

As like HG said its really annoying to find a possible target and (using the new feature ;)) click their nick to bring up intel options, click Hax0r and then find out you have run out (and the ID has disapeared from the input box) and then have to find the target again.

I know you can just copy the ID or make a note or something but if its possible to stop this happening, why not?

Agreed

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I'm actually more concerned about newbies who have no idea why their scan didn't work. Would help enormously if there was either some sort of descriptive text on the page saying something to the effect of "you must purchase/stockpile scans before you can use them" and even an error message given when you attempt to scan with nothing in stock. Currently...nothing.

Get my point?

It's hard to know if you're doing it wrong when there's no site-feedback.
At least if you can perform a scan without any in stock then it'll work (unless you don't have enough funds) and so reduce the level of confusion. It just seems fairly counter-intuitive at first.

i agree

Matt

Harvester
Doesnt the Tutorial take you through the Intel Part,

But i do get frustrated when you find a target click HAx on them and then find out u have no Scans so i do agree with this option of it removing from your funds(if available) if ur scans are at 0.

i find myself hax n spying 20 or 30 targets in the space of like 10 0r 15mins looking for my next victim and it does happen a fair few times where my stockpile runs out and then i lose track of what id number i was upto im the hax.

im all for this!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I don't agree on free intel. At the moment being the first out with spies in an ally can put a dent in your funds, and I believe it should stay like that. Give a warning message: yes. Automaticly deduct funds if you run out: sure. Free? No way.

Scorpio

Head Gardener
I don't agree on free intel. At the moment being the first out with spies in an ally can put a dent in your funds, and I believe it should stay like that. Give a warning message: yes. Automaticly deduct funds if you run out: sure. Free? No way.

Totally agree with Mister Dachi here!

Podunk

Head Gardener
I'd just like to be able to buy more at one time instead of 150 make it 1k like someone else had suggested. Then I will never actually run out ;)

I go through hax like nobody's business. And sure display a message when you run out.
I hateee selling seeds to get more scans. Makes me feel like I'm wasting precious funds :eek:

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
The reason the purchase limit is at 150 is because people kept making the mistake of typing the ID of the person they wanted to scan into the order box, so ended up wasting billions in cash and buying 8,999 spies instead of using 1 spy on ID 8999.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
The reason the purchase limit is at 150 is because people kept making the mistake of typing the ID of the person they wanted to scan into the order box, so ended up wasting billions in cash and buying 8,999 spies instead of using 1 spy on ID 8999.

ok, limit it to 500? :)

Tombi

Harvester

How about having a changeable limit?

For example the default setting would still be 150 but in ID settings there would be a box so you could change the figure up to say..1000?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

How about having a changeable limit?

For example the default setting would still be 150 but in ID settings there would be a box so you could change the figure up to say..1000?

i really like this idea

+1 :)

and have it set to 150 by default at the start of each round

Amanala

Harvester
To be honest, considering how little they cost, would it not just be simpler to scrap having to pay for each scan? They cost barely anything, and if you somehow end up with 0 scans and not enough funds you will just sell seeds. It's hardly a tactical game choice, so we could do without it and get rid of all the annoyances as described by harriergirl.

CFalcon, nothing is free

I ain't ever heard of anyone paying for cancer! I'm of the opinion that it'd be best to remove the costs of the scans, and to increase the price of the technology.

CFalcon

Official Helper
To be honest, considering how little they cost, would it not just be simpler to scrap having to pay for each scan? They cost barely anything, and if you somehow end up with 0 scans and not enough funds you will just sell seeds. It's hardly a tactical game choice, so we could do without it and get rid of all the annoyances as described by harriergirl.

CFalcon, nothing is free

And Cybernetic TRexs don't rampage around gardens :D

I've yet to hear a convincing argument as to why they shouldn't be free. If we're going to keep them costing money, I would actually be in favour of upping the cost so it is actually a decision whether to buy more intel. The scenario Dachi mentioned really only applies to a day or two at most, and then only if you're land thin, which if you're one of the first to dev intel you usually aren't.

Seems to me it would cut out alot of unneccesary hastle and confusion by removing the cost.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

CFalcon, nothing is free

And Cybernetic TRexs don't rampage around gardens :D

I've yet to hear a convincing argument as to why they shouldn't be free. If we're going to keep them costing money, I would actually be in favour of upping the cost so it is actually a decision whether to buy more intel. The scenario Dachi mentioned really only applies to a day or two at most, and then only if you're land thin, which if you're one of the first to dev intel you usually aren't. And im not trying to be condescending, im just trying to explain what i had in mind when posting.

Seems to me it would cut out alot of unneccesary hastle and confusion by removing the cost.

*sigh, ok

i just like the fact that you pay for it. I dunno why, I'd just prefer that they weren't free.

and when i said 'nothing is free'. its almost like a saying, although not entirely appropriate in this context. Its something you might say, when someone comes across a great deal, often implying getting something for free, to say that, its not as great as it sounds. And im not trying to be condescending, im just trying to say what i was sorta thinking of

So i dont have a convincing argument, just an opinion