• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Improvement to 'Hiring' page

Chezz

Harvester
Everytime I want to buy something like 1.5m units, I have to type 1500k instead, because typing 1.5m doesn't work.

Eg. If I want to buy 1.5 million cloners, and I type 1.5m, the cost shows up as $90,000 [ $60,000 * 1.5 ]

Is it possible to recode it so that 1.5m --> 1,500,000 instead of 1 1/2 ?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Improvement to 'Hiring' page

Quite frankly there are already so many options that it's getting kind of silly.

i just use the ~15000000 or whatever. I use the buy up to number and after a few tries it's as easy as typing 15m imo. :p

Chezz

Harvester

Errr...well.

I could do that, but of course I would hope for a better alternative..

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I agree actually, I cant see a reason if we have 1mln why cant we buy 1.5 mln...

Like its gonna be hell a lot of work to code 1.5mln*(the price of the unit)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I didn't say it was wrong it's just ridiculous we have so many different ways of rounding up units. Almost all of them based off of laziness ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Lol, not lazyness I think.... its just annoying to be able to round up to 1 mln and not be able to round up to 1.5 mln... I mean, if we are going to be able round up numbers atleast make it work as it should...

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Pretty sure this was suggested before and turned down, although I can't remember why. Possible because Azzer couldn't be arsed to add it in.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
Lol, not lazyness I think.... its just annoying to be able to round up to 1 mln and not be able to round up to 1.5 mln... I mean, if we are going to be able round up numbers atleast make it work as it should...

if that's the case then just buy the extra 500k. sure it's an extra step, but it's no hassle if you don't have to guess the correct numbers to fill it in. Frankly i don't find it necessary >.<

f0xx

Landscape Designer

The thing is that you may not have the funds to buy the extra 500k after you have bought 1mln... I know its easy to calc it but once you are used to see the actual total price you get lazy...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
The thing is that you may not have the funds to buy the extra 500k after you have bought 1mln... I know its easy to calc it but once you are used to see the actual total price you get lazy...

then all the more reason not to indulge your sloth and laziness anymore. I've started recalcing the numbers in my head. You know, exercise my brain and all that :) You should try it, it might give you some insight :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Tbh, I am all up for excirsizing our brains, but doing all that rounding up manually is just stupid... also I dont see any REAL reason if we already can round up to 1mln why cant we round up to 1.5 mln?

I prefer using my brain to organise things ingame and plan than to round up stupid numbers...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
Tbh, I am all up for excirsizing our brains, but doing all that rounding up manually is just stupid... also I dont see any REAL reason if we already can round up to 1mln why cant we round up to 1.5 mln?

~15000000 is hardly any slower than typing 1.5 mln and frankly, i think it's just another way to type in units. We have one way that works perfectly fine already, i see no necessity for altering it, unless we are willing to undergo a large overhaul and redefine how unit 'hotkeys' are used to buy units. I think it's bollocks, this suggestion is bollocks, and should not be implemented. i don't see why you should get yet another bloody option on how to buy units when there are two methods already available at this time which work perfectly well, take up less than a minuscule fraction of the time more than the proposed option and are very very very simple to use... typing 1000000 and 1500000 is... barely different. grow the fu ck up children and learn to not be the finest exemplar of laziness ever created.

Bunion

Harvester

~1500000
8 key presses, making sure you've put enough 0s in.

~1.5m
5 key presses.

Surely if you're fast enough to do 8 key presses in the time it takes someone else to do 5, then it's still faster for you to do 5.

If speed is in your argument, then there is the flaw.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Bunion said:
~1500000
8 key presses, making sure you've put enough 0s in.

~1.5m
5 key presses.

Surely if you're fast enough to do 8 key presses in the time it takes someone else to do 5, then it's still faster for you to do 5.

If speed is in your argument, then there is the flaw.

There is a method (one of several ways with which to input amounts to buy) and it works perfectly well in my experience, i have not had trouble with it under any circumstances and so I just find it odd that there are some other players who continue to want yet *another* hotkey for purchasing. I find it a little ott and somewhat silly.

To address your rather facetious and pointless response however, after trying the method that we have currently and doing it more than for about a week, you get good at it, and any error you do in the heat of the moment is 'human error'. Human error being that supreme goal for Azzer, i like the way it is now. 3 key presses which equals less than a split second does not seem to me to be a good enough reason to change a system which works perfectly well in the first place. I don't see this is a vital adjustment or even a useful one. It is sheer laziness. And atm, it would not be faster for me to type something else because this system already works so well for me :)