I'm on a boat

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
3kkd.jpg

tumblr_m2aib0CqAL1rpwyndo1_400.jpg

w1gl4f v2.0

Weeder
I still dont know Why did people get so upset by the whole horse in your cow meat. Thats like buying a regular burger and some one throwing a bit of cheese and bacon in there for free. Its excellent.

Personally i think they should make a megga meat burger. Beef, horse, lamb, a bit of venison. Just mince it all together......whats better than knowing an animal died to feed you. Knowing 4 animals died to feed you! Thats fact. Its extra flavour, and horses dont get mad cow disease....win win.

Though you cant mix bird and mamal.

This^^

nothing makes me rest as well as knowing that there is a whole farm worth of beastie meat in my belly :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Serious note:

It isn't simply the presence of horse meat that is the issue, more the fact that they can't trace where it came from.

Race horses, for example, can't be used as food because they may have been given certain drugs, painkillers, etc. which may be harmful to people.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
In all fairness, there have been no cases worldwide of people harmed by this meat. No one knew the difference of meat. No one knew horse was there. No one ****ing cared.

Now some lab in Ireland told everyone, the world is in panic. Get real. Get some real news to go global, like the fact the UK's army is crumbling once again, and won't be rated the 3rd best in the world. To me, that beats the news of some horse being found in a burger I once ate, which tasted damn fine.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
How do you know no one got sick? There are all many of ill people in the world, and no telling what made them sick.

The concern isn't even that it's horse, it raises questions of what the hell else is in your food that you don't know about? Horse meat probably won't kill you, but something else might!

And like you need an army... :/

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Like alci said, the problem stems not from eating horse, which is a perfectly fine source of food, but from being deceived by food labeling. First of all we have no clue what the horses was fed, how much **** they got put in them or if they died from disease or not. Secondly, there's no way of knowing how that meat has been preserved and treated post slaughtering. Then there's the general problem of cheating on the labeling. If they cheat on meat, they might cheat on substances they add, like sugar or chemical stuff. Not only is it a specific problem for people who needs to avoid certain food due to allergies, it's a general problem since the stuff they would be lying about would be stuff we wouldn't want in our veins. Dope addicts have to take that risk when they buy their **** off the streets - I'd rather not have to take that risk in the supermarket.

Koeniej

Harvester
'Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub' is such a good place for this discussion!

xwqxd.jpg

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah...because a thread made up entirely of spam really deserves protecting from a political discussion.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
/confession bear.jpg

i think black people look just as stoopid as whites when they try to dance their variations of funky chickens.