Hiring page commas

AndyM

Pruner
* Using the ~to special codes, commas, or the common quick codes on the supply depot page now displays the correct "Value" in the value box (previously the live value box ignored the ~to characters, and there were a number of 'NaN' errors).

I was just reading through these and saw this and it reminded me -

When you are hiring ~1000000 the value appears at the bottom fine, but if you try ~1mil or ~1,000,000 it doesn't. Not sure if this is known or not but thought I'd mention it :)

Souls

Official Helper
* Using the ~to special codes, commas, or the common quick codes on the supply depot page now displays the correct "Value" in the value box (previously the live value box ignored the ~to characters, and there were a number of 'NaN' errors).

When you are hiring ~1000000 the value appears at the bottom fine, but if you try ~1mil or ~1,000,000 it doesn't. Not sure if this is known or not but thought I'd mention it :)

~1m has always worked fine for me, but if I wanted halves I'd have to go ~1500k :p

AndyM

Pruner
By 'works fine' do you mean the issue I was pointing out - that the value of the hired troops does not appear in the bottom box?

Ahead

Head Gardener

You are using an incorrect code? The correct codes are 'to'/'~' '1m' / '1000000' / '1000t' / '1000k' etc. Using commas makes it not work and I think the only shortcut for million is 'm' not 'mil'.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Commas should work on the hiring page - I guess Azzer just forgot to copy the code over to the hiring page from the supply depot.

AndyM

Pruner
I'm pretty sure I was using mil to round troops up - obv can't test it now because it's between rounds :(

lavadog

Head Gardener
nah, mil doesn't work, it's always m

EDIT: Codes: h=hundred (00), t=thousand (000), m=million (000,000), b=billion (000,000,000).

from the hiring page

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Split this from the other thread. The bug on hiring where using commas didn't update the "Cost" box properly is now fixed.

The issue never affected the actual hiring of troops, only the "live cost display".

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
azzer......what ever you did before....could you do it again? pretty please with a cherry on top?

im actually looking for a siren post. about stripping armour/health and which they restore.slash just remebered rooney was quoting you from irc. time to stalk someone elses old posts...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

~1m has always worked fine for me, but if I wanted halves I'd have to go ~1500k :p

Indeed

Every time i do this i am thinking OK, i want to hire up to 5.5m
but i cant type ~5.5m, i have to type 5500k

I know this isnt life threatening but it just feels so un-natural! Im using decimals and fractions every day, and here i cant !:shock:
Is it possible to allow decimals in hiring? if its too complicated, dw ;)

Last edited: