Help Me Please !

saint1d

Head Gardener
goddam Microsoft...

installed updates as directed my Vista, rebooted pc and now my mouse (usb) doesnt work and display is all over the place. Text is massive, as are all icons etc.

Can anyone please offer some advice?

saint1d

Head Gardener
Re: Help Me Please !

have tried system restore but there were no restore points so I'm a bit stuck

saint1d

Head Gardener

It's ok, found that the update disabled various drivers. Useful :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Microsoft guys are geniouses sometimes. I mean, you do realise that drivers are actually bad for you PC, don't you? I mean, they make your mouse work, they make your graphics look better, they enable sound and stuff like that... Why would anyone want want drivers ffs?

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I love it when you install windows on a pc, just to realize your ethernet card is not supported without additional drivers. One time it did not find the drivers for my USB either. Add in the fact that your only CD burner is in this pc (which cannot connect to the internet), and you've got yourself a fun little puzzle.

Welshie

Harvester

No-Dachi said:
I love it when you install windows on a pc, just to realize your ethernet card is not supported without additional drivers. One time it did not find the drivers for my USB either. Add in the fact that your only CD burner is in this pc (which cannot connect to the internet), and you've got yourself a fun little puzzle.

Floppy disks? :p I've been there, I've suffered. You can always copy the drivers onto a drive on a working pc, disconnect the drive and reconnect to the windows machine copy across.. or just use a linux live CD with ntfs-3g on it to boot, get on the internet, get the drivers and copy them to the windows partition ;)

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Yeah, I swapped hard drives with another pc to solve it. However, it turned out to be quite a problem getting the correct driver ;p

I had the same problem on a laptop once as well - solved that by installing Mandrive on a secondary partion, and downloading the drivers needed there, transferring them to the C: of windows. So it works out - somehow. It's just mildly annoying ;p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

You think thats funny... how bout i installed windows to notice i need service pack 2 for my motherboard to be able to install its network drivers.
Thats 250Mb file... thank god had it already on another comp by accident and got it fixed just by using 2nd HD...