Halo 3:ODST

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Does anyone have this yet?

I remember seeing this ages ago and being really excited as i have been a really big fan of the whole Halo series, but now im not sure whether its worth buying this (at least not right away).

The Gamespot Review gives it a 9.0 and all the reviews are pretty high so im tempted.

I really liked the other halo games for the storyline (which got arguably worse in Halo 3 but still) so with this not involving the Master Chief is the storyline as compelling?

Basically ive got a day off work today and im very tempted to just drive down and get it now but i dont have alot of cash at the moment so if anyone has it/has played it and could let me know if its actually worth the £35!!! :D

x

marvin

Tree Surgeon
If you like the Halo series you'll like ODST. I love the Halo series, have even read the books (which are awesome) and simply can't wait for Halo:Reach, and I found ODST pretty good.

Only problem with it is that it's very short like.. 6hrs continuous gameplay maybe, if even? It certainly doesn't take long to complete the main story line and I found the storyline can be a little confusing if the objectives aren't done in the correct order (as it is mostly flashbacks of your team - but once you do all of the flashbacks or most you can start piecing things together which might actually be the whole point). However there is a theatre mode which you can watch all the cutscenes again and I assume they are in order or can be (haven't done it myself yet..).

Another awesome thing about it is Firefight, which is basically Gears of War 2 Horde mode only with you and 3 others as ODST (or Sgt. Johnson if you pre-ordered ;)) and wave after wave after wave of Covenent :D

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It should have been DLC for Halo 3 - Buy it if you've got money spare but if you're usually tight with your spending on games you're going to feel cheated buying this as a "full-game".

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ive decided to leave it for the time being, i have got a bit bored with the Halo 3 multiplayer now so if the single player game isnt very long for ODST and the multiplayer doesnt really add much (aside from the Firefight thing) then i dont wanna spend that much money atm.

Will prob just wait another month or so til MW2! :p

Treedude

Harvester
Is the firefight thing essentially Nazi Zombies from CoD:WaW? Thats what it sounds like to me. Looked awesome from what I've seen anyways, reckon I will rent it tho if the 1 player is that short, too many games to get over the next few months, so little money :(

Kingdroid

Head Gardener
The Firefight is basically Horde from GoW 2

Except it literally never ends.

Bungie isn't sure what will happen if you go for too long, like if it will jsut stop counting score (or whatever) or what.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
It aint halo if master chief aint slapping beetches :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Went out and bought this today...lol

It was in game for £24.99 (£10 off) so i decided it was worth getting and i was definitely right!!! Havent played a huge amount today as ive been doing other things but it really is good. The single player so far is awesome...makes me want to go back and play all the other halo games again!

Gonna get back into the multiplayer again tomo...

The perfect time killer until MW2 comes out me thinks. :D