General Mail Rant

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I've found this round more than most that people are extremely arsey via in-game mail. I've also found alot of them happen to be the 'veterans' of this game. And even more ironically, some of them are the ones who are complaining about the deterioration of the game.
Attitudes. Sort it out. It has been six people so far I've got completely unrequired, bad-tempered, or just plain rude mails from. People who don't know the people who are sending them and what they are like, won't want to stick around. I know I wouldn't appreciate that every time I send an attack.
Rather than sending unnecessary mails, why don't you just get on with it.
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. It really is that simple.

Davs

Garden Designer
Couldn't agree more. Personally this round I've actually found the opposite, but that's what you get when you mass basics for the lulz...

I understand why people get pissed off about getting attacked, but that's how the game works. If you really feel a need to express your disapproval of an attack against you, at least do it in a lighthearted manner. Or just be whimsical. Or just accept that you will inevitably be attacked and more on.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
If you're getting pissed off at people mailing you then put friends only mail on. I promise it won't happen again.

And as I've already told you (IN A MAIL!!! zomg) is that just because people might be rude to you, that is not direct proof that they are rude to new players. We don't seek out newbies and mercilessly insult them until they cry.

And Davs - one of the mails he finds so unacceptable is "Go away DaX. It didn't work yesterday and it won't work today." which i sent him when he was trying to PB rush a PoM. He would hardly have fired anyway so I felt it was better to mail him and try and save some time.

I would just like to add that if you're getting offended by so many mails in such a short time frame, maybe it reflects on you as well as the people sending the mails? Just sayin...

Davs

Garden Designer
And Davs - one of the mails he finds so unacceptable is "Go away DaX. It didn't work yesterday and it won't work today." which i sent him when he was trying to PB rush a PoM. He would hardly have fired anyway so I felt it was better to mail him and try and save some time.

I see. Yeh, limited sympathy in that case. I would have taken that as a friendly gesture, rather than anything offensive.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
All I can think is that after like 5 other offensive mails he was getting frustrated and slightly over-reacted to my one. I personally didn't think I was being rude but never mind.

Angela

Harvester
i dont normally put friends only on until i get my first abusive mail which this round actually took longer than normal :eek: but i was told that some of the mail that is sent to you could actually be funny so i was convinced to remove friends only, and since then i havent received a abusive or funny mail :(

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
i dont normally put friends only on until i get my first abusive mail which this round actually took longer than normal :eek: but i was told that some of the mail that is sent to you could actually be funny so i was convinced to remove friends only, and since then i havent received a abusive or funny mail :(

ill sort that out

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
I always have friends only on.. I don't like abusive mails from my targets.. gets annoying :p

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
On the whole, I hate people and should further isolate myself from them.
The IT Crowd really does summarize some of the side-effects of working with computers...

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

well i try to generally be friendly first, but if its someone complaining at my face about something that wasnt really anything to do with me, or is part of the game, (i attack one person at 30% or some one uses my troops in an attack whilst im busy at work) then im less friendly and more abrassive right from the off.

i dont mind abusive messages, i can normally dish it out far better than i recieve it because people that give abuse are generally degenerate scum with an IQ similar to that of a dog after 6 days in a 850w microwave on full. the only part that is sometimes annoying with abuse is ... when some one trys to have the last word. so they are debating with you ...they turn ugly and start arguing. then they give up on reasoning and call you a profanity and add you to ignore list

under these circumstances what i tend to do is add them to my ignore, and call them un equally unpleasant profanity from the Hq mail (if i have any control over it).... and/or I hit them relentlessly every other attack i make is at them. until they sleep mode. then the next day i dont hit them once.....then when they are sleeping but this time dont sleep mode i kill them.

I will hold a grudge not just till the end of the round. but even into the next round if i dont manage to exact my revenge

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Weird, I never get abusive mail, or whining mail. Must be because I'm so lovable and AWESOME!

picture.php

;)

dave

Harvester
its gotta be said i occasionally send mail to people who attack ingame.
maybe its sad and i shouldnt do it cos its only a text based war game on the internet.

but its never rude, i think people are entitled to an opinionative mail, but not a rude one.

like when 5-6 players send on the same tick all at 250%

Franny

Head Gardener
You see, I see this sort of thing in a completely different light. The games a war game right? Getting hate mail from the guy you're attacking surely makes the attack more enjoyable? Proves that the guy your attacking is alive out there and still playing?

Imo, S**t moan.

On another note...
willymchilybily said:
well i try to generally be friendly first, but if its someone complaining at my face about something that wasnt really anything to do with me, or is part of the game, (i attack one person at 30% or some one uses my troops in an attack whilst im busy at work) then im less friendly and more abrassive right from the off.

That stuff allowed nowadays?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
On another note...
willymchilybily said:

That stuff allowed nowadays?

when i say some one uses my troops in an attack it has to be some one i trust, and if they fail just once i wont allow it when im afk/busy and unable to watch the attack myself. but if they are in my alliance they get one chance. they say can i borrow 20m rpg (this round for example) id XXXX eta 4 send now pls.

it can be text to me or ingame mail if im refreshing and ill send. i wont check the attack care about the attack, or watch the attack if im truely busy. i will expect a prank/txt for a recall.

but I remain at all times in complete control of my troops and account. no account sharing like i know some people like to do. so no rules are broken

but if then in those circumstances i get abusive mail or some one messages me crying about the attack, thats when i can be a bit more brash with my mails. especially if they moan about it being unfair and attacking 30% cry cry cry. to be honest id love to tell them my real thoughts and feelings

Davs

Garden Designer
tbh, if the target is so small, in the same position I would (and have in the past) say no to whoever asked me to send. I have sympathy for the target in that case as they clearly don't stand a hope in hell. Admittedly, **** happens and you have to take it on the chin, but at the time it is rather annoying.

Razorwolf

Pruner
If I get abusive mails, I just make sure I keep coming back to killl them or if they contactable, take all their land. I don't care what they say, it amuses me

timtadams

Landscape Designer
If i get an abusive email, which is very rare (only come across one, maybe two, real tools that i can remember)

i just send a smartalec/condescending/intellectually insulting reply.

They key is to make it obvious in your mail that you are laughing at them through the mail. I.e. and plenty of 'lol's in there. And then it doesnt really matter what you say, but it drives them up the wall.

I personally love the vulger repsonses i get, as it just means i got to them.

Gosh some people take the game too seriously though