For the silent majority

CFalcon

Official Helper
I understand where you're coming from. 90% of the threads I read I then think either "why did I just waste my time with that" or "seriously, aren't there enough morons in the world without you infecting even more?"

I just don't understand the need to actually make a post along such lines.

And I think the number of 'idiot' threads is over-played. The flow of pointless suggestions is pretty steady, but the number of actually idiotic suggestions is pretty small.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I do the same for most threads. I just shake my head and move on. But for each thread I read I get more frustrated and end up posting.

I just think it's about time people realised WHY we post what we post, rather than just coming to the inaccurate conclusion that we're arrogant, hostile dicks with nothing to contribute.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I am only vaguely aware of goings on of late - I've just briefly brushed up on things.

Azzer said:
This is to a small handful of people who seem to hate everything, and yet can't leave.

I agreed wholeheartedly with this quote - and am basically happy with any method of removing people with this frame of mind.

Garrett is the guy I feel this quote applies most to. It would annoy me most that the guy appeared to think he was above, and better than everyone in the community, shout very loudly about this and about how "simple" everyone else was, yet he logged in on a daily basis to converse with those individuals. Probably one of the most backwards people I've ever encountered.

-

Azzer has far more patience than I have; there've been numerous incidents in the past when I've advised and felt people should go - Azzer has on each of those occasions shown a determination to keep these people around as, despite some of them waving around the biggest "I hate everyone" flag, he's been willing to allow their presence here in acknowledgement of the fact that, in truth, these people were not entirely without their value as community members.

-

Toby said:
I do the same for most threads. I just shake my head and move on. But for each thread I read I get more frustrated and end up posting.

If the majority of the playerbase infuriate you so, why do you remain here? That mentality is just not welcome. Every member of this community has their own opinion, their own say on these forums + IRC. If you can't bear reading these views without hitting reply and telling people how stupid they are, how stupid what they're saying is, you should not only reconsider your position here, but yourself as a person, tbch :/ Because whilst very obviously you are entitled to think someone is a ****, that their ideas are ****, you are most certainly not allowed to inform them of that. Not here, not in real life. Its not a socially acceptable thing to do without inviting someone to punch you square in the face. Something I think half the arrogant little sods around here would quite like to avoid given they're most likely built like a schoolgirl.

People like that, I'm afraid, are thought of nothing but angry little men. Thats what I'll always remember Garrett as; an admittedly well worded, angry little man :p

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Toby said:

If the majority of the playerbase infuriate you so, why do you remain here? That mentality is just not welcome. Every member of this community has their own opinion, their own say on these forums + IRC. If you can't bear reading these views without hitting reply and telling people how stupid they are, how stupid what they're saying is, you should not only reconsider your position here, but yourself as a person, tbch :/ Because whilst very obviously you are entitled to think someone is a ****, that their ideas are ****, you are most certainly not allowed to inform them of that. Not here, not in real life. Its not a socially acceptable thing to do without inviting someone to punch you square in the face. Something I think half the arrogant little sods around here would quite like to avoid given they're most likely built like a schoolgirl.

People like that, I'm afraid, are thought of nothing but angry little men. Thats what I'll always remember Garrett as; an admittedly well worded, angry little man :p

Try reading an entire post before writing irrelevant nonsense, Dark_Angel. I'm happy to accept that people have differing opinions. That is only natural. But I don't believe I was talking about opinions. I was talking about people who make badly thought-out posts, and I thank you for giving me a ready-made example of this. It is most helpful to my cause.

You've blundered into a thread you know nothing about, not for the first time, and refused to read whole posts before making your opinion heard (a rather rude and hypocritical opinion, if you don't mind me saying).

And please don't act like people need to change who they are because of what people think of them on an internet forum. That's just laughable.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Toby said:

Toby said:
Try reading an entire post before writing irrelevant nonsense, Dark_Angel. I'm happy to accept that people have differing opinions. That is only natural. But I don't believe I was talking about opinions. I was talking about people who make badly thought-out posts, and I thank you for giving me a ready-made example of this. It is most helpful to my cause.

Opinion/suggestion/idea/whatever - its still "input". Perhaps that would have been a better word for me to have come out with in the first place. People "input", others "shoot down" - in the most crude, unhelpful and arrogant way possible. It is these people I refer to. And having read a little further since my last post I can't see any shortcomings in my understanding of whats gone on, if I've left something massive out do tell.

And please don't act like people need to change who they are because of what people think of them on an internet forum. That's just laughable.
If you're an arrogant, condescending sod online you're no Mary Poppins offline, you're just as rude - Perhaps *slightly* less, but only because you know you won't get away with saying half the crap you come out with online. ("you" being a type of person, not you specifically)

Last edited: