Firefox or explorer

Cupido

Weeder
Someone can explain me the difference between the both browsers?

Thanks

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Firefox or explorer

You can use my extension with Firefox. :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Differences.... is there honestly any?
I think best way to explain differences is that you go to forums settings and change outlook of these forums to something else.
Try all different versions. You should realize that all of those are same forums and you can do same things but all versions looks a bit different, gives different kind of details etc. thats all.
Same applies to different browsers.

and btw my firefox crashes like 10 times a day and IE never... dont know why but started on version 1.3 or so and been like that since then.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

some of the bigger differences -

firefox - less memory leak (now anyway... early early versions had some issues)

firefox - better security

HUGE difference is customization and ability to create and hook up 3rd party applications via the plug-ins.

Microsoft is very anti-competitive and loathe to let anyone manipulate or attach software that isn't microsoft.

For me the opposite is true from BW"s post. When i view things like surfthechannel... FF gives me better response/buffer times and is generally more stable. I've had IE have graphic problems and error out and crash on me infinitely more times than FF has crashed. I guess it would all depend on what system you are running and what graphical drivers/codecs/dll/blahblahblah you are using.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah i used IE up until recently when i started using FF to make use of the bushtoolbars that are about these days...

but since then i have realised how much better FF is, i didnt notice that much of an increase in speed but (after bobbin mentioning it) i downloaded this "fasterfox" add-on and it has really increased the speed of my browsing which is cool

also all the added applications can be handy like ive got one which checks my gmail and one for facebook etc...

im not really that bothered about security and data and all that ****, but people who appear to know more have said FF is better for it so meh...

Welshie

Harvester

If you try FF, download the stable version (2). I have had a lot of troubles with version 3.5 beta on my other machine. (30 second lockups, CTDs when trying to play flash, videos etc). That being said on this PC it is fine, both are running Ubuntu Hardy Heron so who knows.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

pinpower said:
but since then i have realised how much better FF is, i didnt notice that much of an increase in speed but (after bobbin mentioning it) i downloaded this "fasterfox" add-on and it has really increased the speed of my browsing which is cool

Which is that add-on btw and where can we download it from?

Sorry for the offtopic.

Cupido

Weeder

Polo said:
You can use my extension with Firefox. :p

Thats why i ask it! :)

Thanks guys for the respons. I gonna give it a try!

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I would also suggest thinking of other possible browsers such as Safari (reaches most points in web what evah thing that compares browsers), Opera etc. There are others than just FF and IE too and those should be considered by everyone.
Im not ready to praise FF only cause it can have addons, or cause of this or that thing. Im guy who thinks everyone should find best browser they like most. (as long as its not IE ;) )

f0xx

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
I would also suggest thinking of other possible browsers such as Safari (reaches most points in web what evah thing that compares browsers), Opera etc. There are others than just FF and IE too and those should be considered by everyone.
Im not ready to praise FF only cause it can have addons, or cause of this or that thing. Im guy who thinks everyone should find best browser they like most. (as long as its not IE ;) )

Atually I have to agree with BW. I have't used Safari personally, but most resent researches show that Safari is the most reliable and compatible browser out there at the moment.

Althought the research does not include the new version of both FF and IE (they are still betas anyway).

Oh and thanks Darry for the links, this thig really increases the loading time of the pages :shock:

Bobbin

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Oh and thanks Darry for the links, this thig really increases the loading time of the pages :shock:

That's what prefetching will do for ya! ;)

And even if you don't use the prefetching part... That's what optimisation will do for ya! :p