• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Extra solo benefits...

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
you know i love you, right? and I don't mean in that 'friendship only' kind of way.

i guess i mean, i want to sex you.

Mr-Blonde

Digger
Imho solo should be that.....solo
Not 2 other ppl looking out for you, just you.
Atm solo is just a 3 man alliance with AR and no inc. page.
Whether they should get other benefits to compensate, i dunno, probably *shrugs*, but as someone said, its a very academic discussion as nothing appears to change in the game anymore.

Zaheen

BANNED
I disagree with you both.

Yes a true soloist will play a full round with no PNaps, if they are trying to prove something.

But 2-3 new players signing up to a game should be able to play together, and help each other play without having to join an alliance of up to 20. You do have points about the trio thing with AR, new players creating an alliance is not safer than if they go solo, the only advantage is the incoming page.

If these players do like the game they might find a bigger alliance, but more often than not they probably don't like the game because they probably don't even realise what AR is, as they're in an alliance wasting the opportunity to even use it getting slapped around by everyone.

Garrett now without trying to offend you either, I probably make more friends in one solo round than you would in 10 allied rounds. Why?

You probably play with the same players more or less half the time, where as I mail random people constantly offering help, offering battles, challenges. I get so much mail, abuse, compliments, gestures, thank you messages.

I meet so many players on attacks mainly, I end up attacking almost every alliance in range (upwards), including every solo in range until they are out of range which is pretty much everyone. I do whatever I want, whenever I want it.

I think it's down to the person, you can view/call me anti social if you wish, but if you ever take an interest in Global Stats of any round I'm in you'll understand what I mean. My mails received is insane, each time I refresh my page I usually have 2-5 mails waiting for me. This round I had to play with mail filter!

-----

I do agree with you in the sense that allied play increases growth, but the allied players have to start somewhere, and it's always solo. I've realised this a long time ago and that's why I tend to help solo players much more than allied players, and I have done ever since I started back in 2001. New players aren't accepted in alliances these days, and that's why you'll never see me bashing a training alliance unless I have personal beef with someone in one, and anyone else who gets in my way (a very rare occurrence indeed).

You guys would happily rape/bash the training alliance because you play for personal gain and greed, and couldn't care who you have to step on to get it. True or not?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Garrett now without trying to offend you either, I probably make more friends in one solo round than you would in 10 allied rounds. Why?

You probably play with the same players more or less half the time, where as I mail random people constantly offering help, offering battles, challenges. I get so much mail, abuse, compliments, gestures, thank you messages.

no offense taken. you are wrong with your assumption however. the 3 rounds i've been back have all been with different cores and players. and before i left - i either joined groups or led them. i often ended up with martin and polo off and on over the years... but my history is quite varied. in game, i've always helped those who i thought needed helping.

but this is straying from the topic of the thread. which is - solos really don't need much if anything more at this point.

Zaheen

BANNED
no offense taken. you are wrong with your assumption however. the 3 rounds i've been back have all been with different cores and players. and before i left - i either joined groups or led them. i often ended up with martin and polo off and on over the years... but my history is quite varied. in game, i've always helped those who i thought needed helping.

but this is straying from the topic of the thread. which is - solos really don't need much if anything more at this point.
I'm glad, about the no offence taken.

Yes, Martin and Polo are always a good duo to team with but they are also fun to play against if you fancy a change sometime.

I know solo's don't need much else, especially with so many multis and cheaters, but the point we/some of us were trying to make is simple.

There is no advantage of having some sort of incoming page, for visible/stealth units for PNaps other than the fact to save us the time/energy/bandwith or manually refreshing and doing intel on our PNaps each tick. Had we have some sort of incoming page what advantage would this give us over not having one?

I mean you can still do the same thing you could without one, just it's a little less boring and repetitive. That's the point we're trying to make here, it's not so much we need one; it'd would just make things more convenient. In order to defend without any reduction in ETA, we would still need to be online the moment an attacker sends. I know what you're saying, that it would be more like a mini alliance - but seriously what possible harm can that bring the game now?

Just go make a 3 man alliance then :/ <3 from n00bville

Pnapped solo`s have it good enough already imo though I do agree no harm in knowing about stealth inc. I like Dax`s idea and mod on defence would be rather useful.

In saying that I only go solo when I can`t be bothered doing much but from what I have seen most solo triangles are IN with an alliance somewhere along the line and can be quite a powerful trio to deal with as they are.

Pure solo is a ***** nothing worse than being zeroed and the ally train chuffs in :D
Aww lilow, you are so cute hehehe, speaking of n00bville, have you ever played FarmVille or any game like that where you need to do the same thing like 500 times just to get to the next level?

It gets so repetitive that you want to physically hang yourself, especially when you have like 15x15 acres to manually click each time I actually went as cheap as setting up a bot to do mine, and then I had the best FarmVille of all my friends! Then I deleted it because even using a bot became a chore.

That is the point here, and you've actually done really well with your joke to make me realise how to explain what we mean. It's not that we need it easier, nothing like that at all!

For us active solos, who DO NOT use phones are the ones who will benefit the most.

For contactable solos who use phones will benefit as well, but they will always come online and most likely run anyway! So it doesn't help them as much as a UC solo, as they don't need to defend half the time.

Just give them their own 'Your alliance' page

noobs.
I like the way you think Iamnoob!

I support the stealth news item for solos, IF they sign onto a "pure solo" styled option, then had to pay for it as an intel tech after spies. Simple.

Example:

Tue 10th Dec, year 4. Dusk (66 ticks ago) Stealth News
Unknown staff incoming
A very thoughtful suggestion indeed, this I really like.

Last edited: