• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Extra RAPE protection

Scorpio

Head Gardener
No, you are right, it is bushtarion related :p Although the title may suggest other contexts..

So ... You always have lame people who can't use the search option to find targets, and when they accidentally bump into one, they keep attacking/raping them over & over. This is very annoying, and in some occasions (e.g. when a pom is the attacker) you stay in range of the attacker and it's babai to your land.
Moreover, with the injury system, it's harder to lose score. So even when someone bashes you to oblivion, you get injuries back later and thus value again too...

This all leads to massive raping, especially for solos. That's why I'd suggest a sort of system that keeps track of:
-which player attacked which targets
-the frequency of these attacks in combination with the damage done/land stolen. This should all be in proportion with the victim's value and total land amount... So when there are cases when somebody attacks a target over & over, some kind of counter counts up to a number, and when this is reached you get a temporary AR Mod Mod (yes, Mod mod :p ).
Example: X attacks Y for the 3th time in 2 days (can be shorter/longer), stealing massive acre amounts, or/and doing a lot of damage compared to the poor victims score. The system has been keeping track of the frequency of the attacks and the success of them, so in this example this would mean there has been defined that it is a case of "rape", leading to a temporarily raised AR Mod for that attacker. After the attack, the AR mod is restored to it's actual amount again.

This should limit the problem mentioned above. This is a problem that especially solos have to cope with a lot. It's not because you're not active enough to always have some pnap to defend you/trigger on you(which is lame btw), that you should get raped which leads in the person losing interest in the game.

Sux or Rox?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Re: Extra RAPE protection

Hmm then you tell me how you're supposed to land on a solo vd?
It's almost impossible to not trigger AND kill the terrors before they fire. Then the terrors fire, doing 1:8+ on your flak, meaning you'd need a truckload of flak to get through. Then you kill them, all is good, but you don't have enough flak left to get through the gurus...
So you say "hmm, lets resend when I get back"... But with the 12 ticks => returning first load of injury, added with 90% AR mod, it is IMPOSSIBLE to resend for land.
So what is my point. Do all solos deserve to get landraped? No.
But if a few solos are working together and attack an ally together, I think it's only fair that the ally at least has a chance to get back at them. And if I kill this solo when I finally find him offline, I think it's normal that the reward (aka land) goes to me. Either this, or let me set a bounty to actually get a reward, as killing him is no reward (in the vd-example, my target got I think 85-90% back, and he was 170% of me before I hit him... :p)
edit: of course I could just have him landraped by my ally piggying my attack... :)

Yeah, solo-life is really hard (notice sarcasm).

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Bring back bounty ? :D
All it's needed is a penality for repeat attacking. I feel less injury and smaller land gains as proposed by Azzer might not be enough. Has to be a penality that will affect everybody like reduced seed income.
I said several times when others moaned about the l/f system that it was hard to see it's usefulness since it was introduced to prevent some damaging playstyle but once it got removed bashing at lowest range with no limits it's again a common tactic. Back to Flintstones :D

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

DarkSider said:
Bring back bounty ? :D
All it's needed is a penality for repeat attacking. I feel less injury and smaller land gains as proposed by Azzer might not be enough. Has to be a penality that will affect everybody like reduced seed income.
I said several times when others moaned about the l/f system that it was hard to see it's usefulness since it was introduced to prevent some damaging playstyle but once it got removed bashing at lowest range with no limits it's again a common tactic. Back to Flintstones :D

There alredy is a repeat attack penalty on solos: an AR-mod combined with an enormous injury rate.
If an SO has early firing HD-units (terrors, SA), then it's virtually impossible to kill them before they kill your flak (some gets through, but if he has enough basics, you won't land).

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Hobbezak, I think you're slightly missing the point.

First of all - in your example - you can resend to your target id if you want. The counter has to reach a certain degree for it to "enable" an AR mod correction.
Secondly, you're talking about solos vs an alliance. An alliance = 15-20 ppl that can all send to the solo individually. This means they all have their "own" counter so each player could resend like 3-5 times (depending on what height the counter would activate) = 60-100 times to resend? :p
Just think it a little bit through ...
And what about a Protestor player who can keep sending to someone until he has 100 land? Poms can easily nick 5k acres out of every target they have. Especially solos, because alliance players tend to get defense :) Because the PoM doesn't kill anything, no troops are lost and there is only a little score loss for the acres...
Btw
Hobbezak said:
There alredy is a repeat attack penalty on solos: an AR-mod combined with an enormous injury rate.
If an SO has early firing HD-units (terrors, SA), then it's virtually impossible to kill them before they kill your flak (some gets through, but if he has enough basics, you won't land).

This has not so much to do with this system. You're rather "complaining" about the Anti-Rape system at it's current state then...
Note: In my example you could resend 3 to 5 times before the AR mod gets heightened. If you can't grab the land after your fifth resend than maybe you should not be playing this game at all :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

What I'm saying, is that there's no need for another rape-protection. Already it's almost impossible to kill a solo and take his land the first time, then if you resend, his AR-mod is 90% and he has 80% troops back.
Right, so my point is that if you send lets and kill a solo, you just can't resend.

So the only incomings that would require this new system, are non-lethal incs.
a) Being outflakked is part of the game for a solo. That's why most solos are thug, vd or SO. If you can't live with being outflakked, find an alliance or adjust your ratios to stop more flak (but maybe leaving you open to more lethal incomings).
b) Poms. We all know they're a pain in the arse, but to create this for just pom incomings, is slightly exagerating the problem really.

HotShot

Weeder

Hobbezak said:
b) Poms. We all know they're a pain in the arse, but to create this for just pom incomings, is slightly exagerating the problem really.

Exagerating? Donno... Waking up three consecutive days to see you've lost 1k land in a single grab each time, all three of them by the same (pom) player, and knowing this will continue untill you're out of his range, doesn't make you wanna go steal and grow.
That just ain't right. It shouldn't be that easy for a pom.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

HotShot said:
Hobbezak said:

Exagerating? Donno... Waking up three consecutive days to see you've lost 1k land in a single grab each time, all three of them by the same (pom) player, and knowing this will continue untill you're out of his range, doesn't make you wanna go steal and grow.

I assume you're SA? :p

Scorpio

Head Gardener

An other perspective is that protestors get less arse raped by bikers, which makes it more viable for them to be solo.
There is maybe a chance that the injury system will be changed so it could be a future idea :)
Btw, the AR mod doesn't stay 80 for ever you know :p
More opinions... always welcome ;)

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Hobbezak said:
HotShot said:
Hobbezak said:

He also could be RPG or Ranger :p

HotShot

Weeder

Hobbezak said:
HotShot said:
Hobbezak said:

I was talking about an rpg.
If I were an SA in that case, i would buy a load of spikes/sleeps and the problem would *probably* be solved :)

Davis

Tree Surgeon

Going along the lines of the PoM attacking over and over, something needs to be done about that, because apparently losing land gets me little to NO AR whatsoever I lost approx 2.4k land in one night (of my 3k land) all from the same guy who was a PoM, I got on and was like hey at least i will have nice AR, and to my demise i had 2.1% AR... not anywhere near enough to be helpful.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

im replying as a solo to the first post.

no route is invincible. all could get landed. so you need it as fair as possible when they go head to head, enemies out to get one another. this anit rape rape. mod mod. is pointless. i dont deny some pom route coming back again and again and again is a piss take. but all routes have certain tactics they can employ to defend against most other routes when solo.
also pom cant kill it can only land.

theres so many ways you could stop the pom going for you, but ofc there are always prefered targets. but surely you could get different man ratios and stop his ability to easily land.

if hes not sending hippy vans. more hummers. if he is more snipers+shocks. just to look less tempting. sure he could still do it. but there could be easier targets out thier

CLem

Head Gardener

i don't think solos need extra rape protection, but should gain more bloody AR when you lose land. After losing 4k land my AR went up from 13% to 27% hardly gonna help me with anything is it:p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

willymchilybily said:
if hes not sending hippy vans. more hummers. if he is more snipers+shocks. just to look less tempting. sure he could still do it. but there could be easier targets out thier

The gay part about rpg is that they have no unit directly firing on INN. So the NLD will just flak the geos, and there's nothing you can do about it (except for massing basics).
But anyway, if you're smart enough to go RPG as a solo, then you deserve to get raped. I did it last round, and tbh I had no problem with poms. More with being pwned by TL and SO. But with the current injury system, I assume solos welcome being pwned by lets (90% AR + 80% injury).